Reviews for Da Capo
AsheMoon chapter 1 . 2/25/2010
Finally! Been waiting for this to come out. :) Excellent prose and vivid story-telling, as always. Pre-Bella Edward is an enigma, a foreign concept for me... and for you to be able to handle that and write it like this is pure awesomeness (for the lack o a better term). Good job, giselle, as always. I am eager for the next chapter!

Anya
AbruptlyChagrined chapter 1 . 2/25/2010
Hm...i'm interested to see where you'll be taking this. Edward's sorrow is sometimes very hard to bear, especially in the years before he had the presence of Bella to buffer it, or at least the company of his siblings. I think it is also important to see that, as much as he liked Esme and pitied her, he must also have resented her at first...talk about mixed feelings!
RoswellianMisha chapter 1 . 2/25/2010
Oh, this is good! This is really good! You're finally getting to something I've been dying to read from a good writer! I'm glad someone got you to write it! (I'm also secretly hoping you'll decide to write Eclipse from Edward's point of view, especially before the movie hits theaters, but that's a whole other thing...)

This is a period of time so rich to explore Edward's character, before, during, and after these three years he spent in "exile".

I love the seemingly random places you have Edward wandering in, a very nice way to set us in his state of mind. As lovely and immortal and extraordinary as vampires are, there's a lot of time to be filled without being, well, extraordinary. Just being, you know? Just passing the time. Especially with a gift like Edward's, and in a time where he feels like he's drifting.

I like your take that Edward would be jealous of Carlisle's relationship with Esme, especially in the beginning. There's so much unheard of about the Cullens' past, and we are somehow led to believe it was all nice and easy rather fast (well, maybe not with Rosalie) that is kind of refreshing to see even the "perfect" Cullens had to struggle at some point. And the struggle you're presenting feels real.

I wonder if you'll tell us how his reception was, the exact point when he met Carlisle and Esme again. But that would be just a plus.

Love your writing as always!

Misha
acacia59601 chapter 1 . 2/25/2010
Great first chapter, I can't wait for more!
KittandChips chapter 1 . 2/25/2010
It's an interesting take that Edward didn't truly accept Esme until after he returned from his prodigal days. The image of him sitting at the train station day after day like a homeless alcoholic is both sad and amusing. I loved the bit about loving Carlisle, when he allowed himself to admit it. Yeah, he's a teenage boy. Interesting that Edward inherited his temper from his father, too.
thisisnthappening chapter 1 . 2/25/2010
Swooning. You have no idea how happy seeing this new story has made me. I've always wanted to write a story about this, but, I have no talent :) And you have so much. Looking forward to this greatly!
jllfish chapter 1 . 2/25/2010
intriguing chapter. can't wait for more of edward's thoughts of his "time away".
Xaipre chapter 1 . 2/25/2010
I'm glad to see even vampires can suffer from Oedipal-like complexes.

No, but really, it makes sense that Edward would struggle with the inclusion of Esme. Both in the human sense of having a "step-mom" and in the vampire sense of having his world turned upside down.

A wonderfully needy Edward. I'd want to give him a hug, but he's too scary.

And I'm looking forward to a further telling of Carlisle decking Edward, but I'm also dreading it. I hate it when those two fight.
justaskalice chapter 1 . 2/25/2010
I love the flow of this, and the writing (as usual) is beautiful. I especially liked this line:

And three days later, when the woman awoke and fixed her own half-closed eyes on Carlisle's face, Edward lost his father for the second time in three years.

The way you've woven Edward's feelings of rejection and loneliness is divine. Thank you for wrinting.
Indigo StarLight Dragonsoul chapter 1 . 2/25/2010
L.O.V.E. the story so far! Keep it up PLEASE! I have never seen Edward's rebellious period like this before! And I LOVE it!
ebhg chapter 1 . 2/25/2010
Great job!

ebhg:)
songster chapter 1 . 2/25/2010
I was so excited to see this in my inbox. I really like the format of this, moving back and forth between the years with Edward's need and uncertainty the connection. Poor Edward. I can certainly see how understanding what his immortality means in terms of his loneliness. His responses though remain rooted in the impatience of the teenager. If he was able to think about this logically, he would realize that Carlisle had been alone a hell of a lot longer and managed to survive and prosper without descending into the depths of despair. Of course Carlisle did not have to contend with the inability to not be brought into the most intimate moments of those around him. That would be a quite horrifying prospect and I think I would be a bit emo too. As to the end of this chapter, I think I'm worried.
ScottishRose1028 chapter 1 . 2/25/2010
What an interesting spin on what could have happened while Edward was apart from Carlisle and Esme - I love it! I always like to see what others think might have happened outside of the books, and this is a part of Edward's life that no one ever touches on. Great job, thank you so much for sharing it with us!
Nostalgia-in-Starlight chapter 1 . 2/25/2010
Powerful, as always. Strangely fitting too, with Single's Awareness Day still lingering in the back of people's minds. Beautiful.

however, my question is, are you going to do a long story soon?
179 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 9 10 11 12