Reviews for Da Capo
Siriusmunchkin chapter 2 . 2/5/2012
Not necessarily a dark Edward. But a dark existence. He is mostly seeing the bad side of the human race. The memories of the good are swiftly escaping.
Siriusmunchkin chapter 1 . 2/5/2012
A very different idea of the beginning of the relationship between Edward, Carlisle, and Esme.
EdwardsMate4ever chapter 4 . 2/2/2012
I love your work - always so touching and beautifully written.

I just want to say that I love the time skips, but I prefer them to be separated by chapter (like in Stregoni Benefici), as I tended to forget which period I was in mid-chapter with De Capo.

That said, I started reading this tonight and couldn't stop - now it's 2:30am and I'm feeling very satisfied by this fic. Thank you for sharing your writing!
BookwormBaby2580 chapter 4 . 12/11/2011
What a beautiful, beautiful story. Thank you so much for writing it.
BookwormBaby2580 chapter 3 . 12/11/2011
Your subtext speaks volumes. I could say a million good things about your writing, but I think that's my favorite. All of the really important themes never quite make it into words, and yet they're as clear as can be.
BookwormBaby2580 chapter 2 . 12/11/2011
That's a turn I didn't really expect. Eleanor has a stalker and Edward has a new cause. What an interesting introduction to the next few years.
BookwormBaby2580 chapter 1 . 12/11/2011
As usual, I'm riveted from the very first paragraph. I love the imagery of the mud below and the rain from above. And the running-so eloquent in its simplicity.

I'm taking over your fan club.
fay208 chapter 4 . 7/28/2011
omg, I could wept reading all of this. *but got interupted so the crying didnt happened haha*

this is a very good dark fic. I mean, it so dark and deep and kinda suit to my reading for the moment as I need deeper emotion of character kind of reading. it just hooked me up. but I often confused due to the scene according to years, where it is 1921 then 1930something then to other year. reading edward dont like carlisle with esme tears me up. he looked like a son that having his dear father stolen by a woman. its the period of rebellion. all the thinking got us back to reality where, not everyone easily accept everything. having esme and carlisle(especially) in pain pains me. *sobs* the last scene is just perfect.
telephonegirl chapter 4 . 7/13/2011
totaly enjoyable story its not often an author writes about the black side but feel this has really been well done. This is the first of your stories I have read will not be the last.
peanutmeg chapter 4 . 1/26/2011
I'm not sure how I manged to miss leaving a review for this, but I wanted to say thanks for the wonderful conclusion! I love how you showed the depth of emotion/caring Edward and Carlisle have for one another, and Esme's remarks to Edward were brilliant! A wonderfully written story - thanks so much for sharing! chapter 4 . 1/21/2011
Wow...that's all I can think...WOW! Very powerful, heartfelt, heart wrenching. Your writing draws so many emotions out of the reader it's mind boggling. I'm not exactly sure where you draw the sheer raw emotion of your tales, but short of being overwhelming, your fics leave the reader tied in happy emotional knots wondering what hit them:D I don't know why it's taken me so long to get to this wonderful piece of literature, G, but I'm so glad I finally got to read it. So glad that you shared. WOW...had me crying just like Ithaca.
miaokuancha chapter 4 . 12/16/2010
~~~ These new things would replace the old, the vestiges of a life that belonged to Carlisle and Edward alone, that had been carefully placed into a moving truck and which Edward had met here earlier that morning. ~~~

Holy Shit!

~~~ He sat silently for a long time before his breath shook as he gave a sudden, involuntary gasp. The sensation was foreign, and were it not for Esme having already made the sound so familiar to his ears, he wouldn't have recognized his own crying. ~~~

~~~ His father's eyes followed him warily as he rose to his full height. He and Carlisle were just a fraction of an inch different, although Carlisle's body was that of a man's and Edward's was still the gangly, half-finished form of a teenager. He stared into Carlisle's eyes, red upon gold, and told the truth.

"I made no mistake."

A pain shot through Carlisle at his words, so deep it nearly knocked Edward to his knees. But the man recovered himself at once, turning a sorrowful expression on Edward.

You are forgiven.

"I don't want your forgiveness, Carlisle."

The expression softened. "You don't get to choose that, son," he began, but Edward brought him up short.

"I don't want forgiveness!" ~~~

This is just freaking INSPIRED. From the physical descriptions of the two of them, to Edward's words. Talk about finishing the story with a BANG!

~~~ "I'm still a murderer."

She caught him off-guard when she nodded.

"Of course you are," she said thoughtfully. "And those people you killed are a part of you now. But so is that baby, and so is every bit of good that came from what you did. You carry them both, Edward. That's how it works. I didn't leave Charles soon enough, but that gave me John. I took my own life, but that brought me to Carlisle." She gestured to the garden. "We don't get to live without our weeds." ~~~

Oh wise beautiful Esme! And the final scene. What a beautiful and perfectly satisfying story. Recommended to me by Woodlily.

Thank you!
miaokuancha chapter 3 . 12/16/2010
This is utterly gripping.

I also deeply appreciate your thoughtful and specific content warnings.

Absolutely stellar writing.
miaokuancha chapter 2 . 12/16/2010
This is just an amazing, inspired piece of writing. You've taken Edward's one statement "I'm a killer," and taken it seriously, written the underpinnings and history of it. My vision of this segment of Edward's youth, his struggle to accommodate all that his new life brought him, is forever shaped by this story of yours.

Just wow again!
miaokuancha chapter 1 . 12/16/2010

~~~ Edward adjusted to his new body and its immeasurable endurance and skill.

He pretended that he had adjusted to the loss of his parents.

He pretended that he had adjusted to the loss of his life. ~~~

~~~ He was thirty now, trapped for all eternity in the gangly body he'd occupied at seventeen, still the too-tall boy with the girlish faceā€”and the long fingers. ~~~

~~~ Then, in a flurry of linen and cotton, the beautiful woman who reminded Edward of his mother turned and was gone.

It took him only a fraction of a second to follow. ~~~

Just, freaking, WOW.