Reviews for Burning Bright
Chain-SawSmile chapter 1 . 3/12/2015
Hello. I cried. Other than that it was all wonderful and I have nothing to add. Except, thank you!
MaryRoyale chapter 1 . 3/2/2015
This was a beautiful piece. I loved your "epilogue". There is no happy ending with regards to Harry's relationship with Sirius and Hermione, and that gives it a realistic edge that rings true to your story. This story was well-crafted, and I loved all of your little touches. Hermione's relationship with McGonagall seemed to grow and develop from strictly teacher/student to mentor/mentee to friends. I think it goes without saying that I loved your Sirius and your Hermione. I believe that you kept them in character, but allowed them to grow and mature into adults. I loved their little family and I really appreciated the care and thought you put into the children's names.

What strikes me as truly sad is Harry's complete ignorance about anything to do with Sirius or Hermione. His admission about refusing to read any of Hermione's letters was just... wow. His comment about Sirius working on the wizengamot and "seeing you in the Ministry a bit" comes off as almost stupid considering the position Sirius seems to hold in the wizengamot. He appears to be a major mover and shaker-the sort of person that would show up in the Daily Prophet on a regular basis. Even if Harry steadfastly ignored the Daily Prophet on principle (and I wouldn't blame him a bit there), I would imagine it would be the sort of thing his co-workers would gossip about over lunch or in relaxed moments. (Merlin knows *my* co-workers discuss politics even when I rather wish they would not.)
AllyrianFlame chapter 1 . 2/18/2015
: )
Mistress-Cinder chapter 1 . 10/3/2014
Wow! This is quite the amazing beautiful love story! Sirius loved and worshipped her and she made his world complete. The only part that made me truly sad was that Hermione and Harry stayed estranged. They had such a special friendship and makes me sad that he never came around...
fair01will chapter 1 . 9/27/2014
this is such a wonderful story, so full of emotions. it's so sad and wonderful at once... i am glad i found it
021448740041987 chapter 1 . 6/25/2014
Wowsers, that was a good story, but I think it was very harsh that Harry never forgave Hermione and Sirius when they didn't do anything wrong. I have learned in my own life however that some people, you thought loved you, can just as easily give you an ultimatum and cut you out of their life.
Guest chapter 1 . 6/24/2014
That was amazing! I love how you drew all those totally canon comparisons between Sirius and Hermione, since, as all good fanfiction writers know, a good noncanon ship has to be rooted in canon, and, unless specifically meant to be so in a humourous way, I prefer minimal violent and fabricted bashing. You did a great job on this, making it just canon enough to be TOTALLY REALISTIC!

Although, I do have to say, I felt sure that the Weasley's would come around. It's so unlike them to hold such grudges, especially after Ron got married. And why on Earth was Lavender mad at Hermione? It is Ron and Ginny's natures though, shoot first, ask questions later. But I did think that the Weasley and Harry being so, so, SO mentally unstable-type furious was kind of unbelieveable. I mean, Hermione broke up with Ron. She moved on. Jesus, Weasley's/Harry. Pull your selves together.
Serenity Blossom chapter 1 . 6/17/2014
This was brilliant, what a great read!
mh21 chapter 1 . 4/13/2014
Wow. Just wow. This story was so incredible! One of my absolute favorites, and I am very picky when it comes to Sirius/Hermione stories as they're my otp. This was so beautifully written - perfect characterization, pacing, romance, plot, dialogue, drama.. Everything flowed naturally. I love the way you wrote their relationship and the reactions people had to it. It was very bittersweet that Harry and Ron never reconciled with them, but sadly I think it was pretty realistic for their characters. Sad though that Harry gave up on her when she had always stuck by his side through the war.

Please write more Sirius/Hermione fics in the future, I think you're one of the top writers for that pairing and I'd love to read more from you.

Adding this to favorites!
TheMoreSmutTheBetter chapter 1 . 4/13/2014
Very well written... I loved all the ups and downs.

Well done - keep up the good work.
:-)
dearmaggie chapter 1 . 3/26/2014
I think that I've officially jumped onto the Sirius/Hermione train.

This was a beautifully written one-shot. I thought that your take on what happened after Hogwarts was interesting and new, and I like it just as much (possibly more) than JK Rowling's original epilogue because it's realistic (for the most part) and stays away from over-used clich├ęs.

I have to admit, there are some minor details that I don't particularly like, which I think come from this being a one-shot and not having chapters and chapters to explore all the little moments, but overall, I found this story to be extremely charming and all around wonderful.

And I also found it hilarious to see that atruwriter inspired you because I literally just read her piece before looking at "Burning Bright."

Keep writing,
Maggie
NessieCullen9 chapter 1 . 1/16/2014
Wow. You almost lost me in the soap opera middle of the story, but I'm glad I finished it. Original, if nothing else, and well written. I'm glad I stumbled across it. Thanks for your work on it. :)
lizndarcy chapter 1 . 12/2/2013
Beautiful story.. I really loved it.
animeaddict13 chapter 1 . 11/27/2013
Aw, that was so sweet! I love the parallels you drew between Hermione and Sirius' personalities and how you highlighted why she could never end up with Ron (I love JK Rowling but idk what she was thinking- Hermione could do so much better!). It was really sad that Harry couldn't accept their relationship, especially given how much Hermione and Sirius have done for him. But besides that, it was such a great story and I'd love to see more Hermione/Sirius stories from you :)
nostalgiakills chapter 1 . 10/16/2013
This was the most wonderful story.
108 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »