Reviews for Burning Bright
liesmyth chapter 1 . 2/17/2013
Hello there.
This is, hands down, one of the best pieces of writing I have ever read.
I found it online a while ago, I think it was about a year and a half ago, and I couldn't get it out of my head for quite a long while - couple of months, I think. It even prompted me to write something of my own, and that was the first time I ever wrote HP fic.
The story itself is amazing. Herm/Sirius is probably my OTP for the fandom, those two characters have just the right dose of similarities and contrasts, maturity and spontaneity, and the romance part of this fic is truly amazing.
The plot itself is great, dealing with the "what if" issues most fanfics gloss over, and it's so real in its harshness and beauty, that the story flows with almost no effort at all. Every character is perfectly, well, in character, every move so spontaneous and realistic, I can truly believe this could have actually happened post books (yeah, no accounting for the epilogue here). There is no bashing at all, just normal, believable, character interactions, and this deals with many canon character issues, most of which were left hanging in the books. The twist - the France part, the interesting tidibi about the Ambassy and law regulations, well, those are all things I could have expected Herm from the book to do, so (and I realize I'm repeating myself here) perfectly fitting that reading this story is almost like watching one of those old tapestries, in which the image on it is made of perfectly weaved threads, each one completing the others. So, yeah, wonderful.
That "don't you ever regret", well, it perfectly sums it up.
Well done.

PS: This is the bitchin' & complaining part. Which, in this case, is the: parts that were slightly less-than-perfect, but didn't feel like spoiling the review and writing 'em above: out of all the parts, the last one is the one I liked the least. I'm not a sucker for "big showdown" parts, and having them meet right there at king's cross, with little Alastor showing off his perfect family, feels kind of forced. not that much - it's still a believable, meaningful and symbolic part, that just *had* to be written, but lacks the power of the rest. The spontaneity of it, if you would, with the "this is my brother, and this is my sister, and Herm is not a housewife". I do realize this is still a oneshot, though, and letting facts speak for themselves would have taken up too much space.
Also, yeah, I'm not really a huge fan of lotsofkids! family, especially when involving twinse, because usually all the bunch of kids ends up being underdeveloped and often only used to show that the characters have an happy life with sex in it. Once again, I realize, one shot, but if the number of kids is the only thing I have to complain about, well, it means it's wonderful. If it was a school project, I'd give it a 98.

I hope the second part of the review didn't make it sound as though I'm complaining, because I'm not. It's all completely awesome, amazing, and I wish I knew more words to explain just how much I enjoyed this.
Thank you so much for sharing this masterpiece with the fandom, really.
Stay awesome.

Cheers!
-CD
misslexander chapter 1 . 1/11/2013
Beautiful story. I really enjoyed it. Thank you so much!
GirlxMarauder chapter 1 . 12/30/2012
Brilliant! Such a fine ending! Loved this fic!
spacioussky chapter 1 . 11/16/2012
This is such a beautiful telling of SB/HG's story. You were incredibly true to character, and I am definitely going to check out your other works. (:
LadyStiff chapter 1 . 8/23/2012
This was so amazing. You're amazing! And yes, it certainly was a beast of a one-shot and so wonderfully written.

I laughed when you said you were a nerd in regards to the children and you are that, but most of us are. ;-)
daphnie chapter 1 . 5/19/2012
Nice .. Thanks for sharing
CelticGlamazon chapter 1 . 5/13/2012
This was a great story. Well written and thorough.
x-menobsessed26 chapter 1 . 3/24/2012
I am completely captured by the perfection of this story. It has to be the one fic I've read that shows that not everything ends with a perfect life. At least Harry was pleasant at the end. That was nice.
Hermione1982 chapter 1 . 3/19/2012
Absolutely amazing, loved the story.
angel897 chapter 1 . 1/22/2012
loved this story _
Btterflykiss69 chapter 1 . 12/13/2011
Such a great story.
JaspersBella chapter 1 . 12/6/2011
I have to tell you that I am on awe on this o/s.

It has to be the best Sirius/Hermione story that I have ever read.

It is really absolutely fantastic.

I love the fact that neither Sirius or Hermione regret their life together. Looks like it is a wonder life.

Shame on Harry and most of the Weasleys.
WhiteMocha-NeverAgainWithYou chapter 1 . 12/4/2011
this story is so cute but kinda sad because of the friendship breaking part but really the cutest story I have ever read. :)
thanni chapter 1 . 11/26/2011
I am putting off sleep so I can finish reading this and so I can review. I gotta say, your writing is brilliant. Simply. I like the emotions of it all. Thanks for the great read.
kaleidoscopicepic chapter 1 . 11/20/2011
This was a really really good story. I enjoyed reading it so so much. I just have one small correction- near the end, Remus calls Cora 'le petite cherie'. It really should be 'la' considering that Cora is a girl and petite and cherie are both in feminine form (with 'e's on the end). Thanks so much for writing. :)
101 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »