Reviews for Eros Turannos
draconicat chapter 5 . 11/26/2011
Your Lex keeps getting more awesome at an exponential rate, and he truly does seem to humanize Superman, who certainly needs it. *happy sigh* Of course, Brainiac is going to do anything he can to set them at each other's throats, so they'll have to be careful. In fact, Brainiac may be monitoring them right now, as they kiss in Superman's room... *flails* I have my fingers (and toes) crossed that you'll be updating this, and soon...
draconicat chapter 4 . 11/26/2011
Lex Luthor is purely AWESOME here! And I can't help warming up to Superman a tiny bit, if only because he had some guilt and regret over the thought of lobotomizing Lex. Also, I deeply suspect that Brainiac set off the bomb in the dam, in order to convince Superman to completely destroy Lex's mind. *flails wildly* This just keeps getting better and better!
draconicat chapter 3 . 11/26/2011
Ironic that Superman mistrusts Brainiac's sadistic streak when he seems perfectly fine with his own. *makes good use of kryptonite bat* Great confrontations between Superman and Lois, Superman and Brainiac, and (most of all) Superman and Lex. I'm loving this Lex as much as I'm NOT loving this Superman, though I do appreciate Superman's occasionally non-cruel proprietary feelings towards Lex. Fantastic and fascinating story!
draconicat chapter 2 . 11/26/2011
Even though Diana has fought on Superman's side, I find myself liking her here, with her obvious skepticism and disapproval of his methods, but Lex is the one who truly tears my heart out as he is (or seems) now: still brilliant and insatiably curious, but seemingly cowed by Brainiac's horrific mental invasion. And Superman congratulating himself on having the moral high ground when he routinely does this to people who oppose him utterly enrages me. The Kryptonian NEEDS to be taken down, and hard, and I'm still hoping Lex will find a way to do it. *crosses fingers* This story is amazing!
draconicat chapter 1 . 11/26/2011
Haven't read RED SON yet (though I've been meaning to), but this story is already both fascinating and horrifying. Lex is awesome, and so is Lois, while Superman is infuriating enough that I'd like to take a kryptonite bat to his skull. Still, I'm glad that neither Lex nor Lois was willing to cower before superior physical force, and I have my fingers crossed that Lex won't be as easy to control as Superman is hoping... Fantastic start!
litra chapter 5 . 8/7/2011
first: wow just wow, i have always loved the red son storyline and this is a wonderful twist. I started to read and you had me hooked all the way through. the way you write Lex with the implant is amazing. i've always thought he was one of the best characters in the superman universe and possibly the whole DCU, and you have somehow managed to pull off basically hypnotizing him and still have classic Luthor.

Second: Why haven't you updated since some time last Year? i refuse to believe that is the end. for one there are still things to resolve and two it's not marked as Complete. i can understand moving on to other stories but there's nothing to indicate you've done so, so please please please write more. or at least give some indication that you're not planning to.

Shiny-and-New chapter 3 . 3/14/2010
Hey Anon Commenter! Figured I'd reply here and hope you'd see it.

Yeah, one of the things that are outright tempting about dystopias that actually seem like pretty decent places to live (like the Soviet Union in Red Son, as opposed to Big Brother's England in 1984) are that they really do remove some of the most terrible problems facing the world. No one is hungry, no one slips through the cracks of the system, there's no war or rampant disease or famine. And Superman in Red Son really can do it all himself, getting rid of the need for politicians that may be corrupt, police forces that can be bought, etc. Unfortunately, it comes at the cost of great personal freedoms, which, with a well-fed, secure, and generally healthy population, becomes more and more of a problem.

I know there have been at least a few comics talking about what responsibilities superheroes have re: sharing their technology with the world. Part of the problem is that comics are a massive, never-ending, multi-creator endeavor, and so while one person might want to write a character as sharing their technology with the world, another person might think that a plot like that is hackneyed, or doomed to end badly. The nature of comics today leads to a weird place wherein superheroes have a lot of technology that would benefit the world but, for plot reasons, can't go out and share it.

I have heard of The Boys, but I haven't read it as of now. Besides lacking funds, I'm not a huge fan of Garth Ennis' style. But yeah The Boys 'verse is a good example of superheroes gone horribly wrong.
anon chapter 3 . 3/13/2010
I will always prefer villains who at least have a point and frighteningly may even be right about everyone being better off under their benevolent dictatorship (of course make education great so the common man does know what is best for him and his children's children and democratic republicanism can work) like Ra's al Ghul if the environment isn't brought into balance no matter the means or cost the future for the human race will be worse than any dystopian fiction and will lead to the extinction of the human race not through misadventure but suicide through stupidity or Lex Luthor who as he says if he was calling all the shots could end famine and cure cancer and he could his mind is capable of anything perhaps give everyone ultra high-tech non polluting technology and maybe even superpowers lead humanity and the rest of the universe to unimaginable glory remember Red Son he united all humanity and led us to a golden age that lasted millions of years

A lot of villains seem unaware that if they used their mind and/or other talents for legitimate business causes or the government could be far more profitable than any crime spree

Of course vigilantes can be sanctimonious hypocrites judging others and letting themselves go unscrutinized condemning others when they do the same thing for less reasons I think it is disgusting they don't share their scientific breakthroughs with the scientific specifically medical community or their skills with law enforcement agencies far more good than beating up thugs and psychos fight crime at its source ignorance and poverty. I realize due to rarity and complexity mass production may not always be possible or at least cost effective and due to difficulty not all could take brutal training but a little bit could go a very, very long way. The ability to think of future generation when calculating pragmatic utilitarianism is what separates us from the animals. The world is not the way it is because of thugs and psychopaths, corrupt businessmen/politicians (which contrary to fiction are the exception not the rule) but because most people are too stupid to know what is best for them the extreme left and extreme right get caught up in their ideals and refuse to acknowledge brutal facts of reality no real world understanding of the extreme complexities of politics, economics, technological logistics, and how they’re all interconnected in the long run. People want everything right here right now the whole world just handed to them on a silver platter think just by complaining something will happen without a tangible plan. Such a plan will require a lot of long, hard, boring work all day every day for generations.

I'm glad the government has Suicide Squad, Cadmus, Checkmate, the Elite, Amanda Waller, and the new female Spy Smasher, I'd include the Secret Six but I think from now on even if they're not going to be full fledged villains they stood up to the worse villains and are pure mercenaries I think

Have you heard of The Boys