Reviews for Breaking Point
justjoe chapter 8 . 10/31/2011
A very good Derick and Sarah piece. Not my normal thing but this was really good.
Sherylp87 chapter 4 . 12/8/2010
i'm so impressed w/ur style. ur stories could easily be a script for an excellent episode or 2. thanks again for sharing. :) and ps. can u please give poor sarah a break or maybe not a break :) in the next one :)
Sherylp87 chapter 2 . 12/8/2010
ur chapter ends always leave us wanting more. excellent plot so far. can't believe sarah and derek are still in one piece but i've got a stron feeling cam's thoughts about probable injuries are about to come true.
BlackQueen92 chapter 8 . 8/21/2010
You did it again! Created an amazing story, about love, friendship and they will to die for what you believe it.

-BlackQueen-
Stormbringer951 chapter 8 . 3/22/2010
Breaking Point is a well-written Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles story, set in an AU that branches off near the end of season 2. It focuses on Sarah and Derek, with John and Cameron present in the background, as they try to hunt down SKYNET.

The story is coherent, with loving attention to detail (particularly in the wince-worthy violent scenes) and a lot of thought in the plotline. It features a link to the canceled third season, with the inclusion of Danny Dyson.

My only criticism of this story is that it doesn't conclude the storyline that cj2019 has started drawing out. However, since this is one story in a whole arc, that's not a big deal.

Overall, I recommend that you (whoever you are, who reads reviews on ) read this.

Note to the author: Thanks for the ride. Hope the next one comes soon.
Searching for Serenity chapter 8 . 3/19/2010
A very satisfactory end to an incredible story! You tied everything up nicely. I loved Sarah's talk with John regarding Derek, and how even though she wasn't sure if she loved him, she knew that she trusted him, and could depend on him, and that what they had was real. Sounds like love to me! I also loved Sarah's talk with Cameron. The dialog between them was perfect! Sarah's thoughts about letting John grow up tugged at my heart! Of all the difficult things Sarah's had to do in her life, I think that is going to prove to be the hardest thing of all. I also loved the scene where John and Cameron had a snowball fight. That image made me smile! An awesome job! I hope you'll continue the story with a sequel!
Searching for Serenity chapter 7 . 3/16/2010
A wonderful chapter! I'm glad that John has FINALLY figured out about Sarah and Derek! He seems cool with it, too. That's good. I'm not surprised that Cameron already knew about them. She doesn't miss much. I'm relieved that both Sarah and Derek seem to be recovering. I liked the tie-in with your Five Christmas story! And I loved the tender moment between Sarah and Derek at the end! Very sweet. It warmed my heart!
Searching for Serenity chapter 6 . 3/13/2010
An intense and emotional chapter! I was really worried that John and Cameron wouldn't make it to them in time. The scene when John was calling out for his mom brought tears to my eyes. You captured his love for his mom, his fear, and his desperation perfectly! Awesome job!
Stormbringer951 chapter 5 . 3/12/2010
I'm guessing this isn't the climactic chapter yet, which leaves me to wonder just how much more this story can hot up. It's a typical cj2017 chapter, which is to say there's a lot of suffering on the part of Sarah and Derek, along with awesomeness and a well-thought out plot.

Al Carey, the original character, is characterized as a true believer - and we do see something of the other grays in the way he acts. He's not a three-dimensional character by any means (not enough screentime, obviously) but he's believable and that's good enough.
Searching for Serenity chapter 5 . 3/11/2010
Wow! What an exciting chapter! Great job! But what a cliffhanger of an ending! That's just cruel! Please update soon!
Searching for Serenity chapter 4 . 3/8/2010
Another awesome chapter! Poor Sarah and Derek! While it's sometimes hard to read about the characters I love getting tortured, I have to say you write it so very well! What exactly did the torturers do to Sarah's feet? I loved Derek's story about Allison Young, and how Cameron had tortured him in the basement. Just how I would've liked to have seen it explained in the series. Beautifully done!
Stormbringer951 chapter 4 . 3/8/2010
Oh, I like this chapter.

The characterization of Dyson is well done; he isn't "motivelessly malevolent" but he's a flawed human character. Bonus points for not making him a whiny little bitch. I liked Derek's brief name-drop of Allison as well, by the way.

The torture scenes were hard to read through - I could envision some of it happening and it's hard not to feel empathy for Sarah and Derek. The scene is well-written and you've clearly thought it out. I don't think any other author's thought through the whole idea of the Fischer interrogation techniques being formalised by the machines. It's frightening.
King Steve chapter 4 . 3/8/2010
First of all, I'd like to say that I feel rather embarrassed that I've not reviewed any earlier chapters, nor any of your earlier fics in your series.

Secondly, although most TSCC fics I read are Jameron, or have that ship in there, it's sometimes nice to read something different. So kudos for originality! And I love this fic and your previous related ones. I've never been fussed about Derek/Sarah before, but for this fic and your others I've made an exception! I'm finding the main focus of the story more interesting than whatever might happen with John or Cameron in this story, which is not normally the case for me.

It's not a traditional "ship" for one thing. That's not the centre of the story, which is always good. It works better, most of the time, when the 'ship it itself is not the main focal point of the story.

Anyway, on to the fic. You have a mastery of making Sarah and Derek suffer. Not just in this one but in all of them, and a very wrong, sadistic part of me loves it! :-) Sarah and Derek are also very much in character, here, and also, I'd add, at their best, even when things are at their worst. Here we have two warriors, both in adversity, and all they have to survive is each other. I really enjoy reading your descriptions of the beatings and torture Derek and Sarah are going through, how they've tried to help each other through it, and that, in their true natures, are planning escape already. Derek's account of his torture was interesting; Cameron impersonating Allison and using a drug to make it all seem more real and to break him. I could imagine that actually happening. That, plus his recollection of her dancing to the same music, and how he hopes she doesn't remember any of it, but thinks some of her past might be bleeding through.

Danny Dyson was an unexpected addition to this story, and I like how he's not under duress, he's not been duped, either. He's complicit, and what's driving him seems to be that he's convinced Sarah killed not only his father, but now also his mother, Tarissa. Is the Terminator that killed Tarissa complicit with Kaliba, or did they merely use her death as a handy excuse to bend Danny to their will? I also like how you portrayed him having doubt - or at least second thoughts - when Sarah told him the truth, but he's choosing not to believe it. I wonder if he'll learn the truth, and if he does, what will he do then? It's strange that Danny seems to be complicit in engineering the end of the world; what did Kaliba do or say to him to convince him that the machines will ultimately win and there's no choice but to side with them? Will he change his mind if Sarah can convince him that she didn't kill Miles or Tarissa?

Looking forward to more soon!
Searching for Serenity chapter 3 . 3/4/2010
Another great chapter! I liked the scene where Cameron was upset about sinking in the snow. Nice, subtle use of humor there. Things are looking pretty bleak for Sarah and Derek, but I get the feeling things are about to get much, much worse. I'm glad that at least John got away! But will he stay away...
Stormbringer951 chapter 3 . 3/4/2010
The action hots up in this chapter. The gang gets in easily, completes their mission and gets out. Almost. I wonder who or what Carey is.

I'm very interested to see the direction where you've taken Danny Dyson.