Reviews for Chicken Noodle
Nozidoz chapter 1 . 11/17/2011
Just wanted to say that I fell in LOVE with the Bruce drabble. So adorable- I love the father/son between Alfred and Bruce and I hope more fics like this are in the future!
Umino Akiko chapter 6 . 10/3/2010
Soup drabbles? Interesting choice. I like it. so far my favorite has been Jonathans. Poor .
UglyTruth chapter 1 . 7/7/2010
Ah the unbeatable and undeniable powers of Chicken Noodle soup. I love your building in of different perspectives here and how this man-made wonder for sickness played a different role for the characters. The Joker's was perfect, I love how he told it to Harley ever so proudly. Bruce's was very adorable too, it's cute how Alfred really is the most motherly butler in existence. A great overall job. You make these super-short stories carry a great impact!
KitCat Italica chapter 6 . 6/8/2010
Awwww! This is sooo sad! Then again, it's Harley, so I should expect no less.

Quite wonderful job once again. I love these. 3 :)
The Illegible chapter 6 . 6/8/2010
This chapter made me baw. I think I've seen Harley injured on the cold streets of Gotham before, but you did it differently here and it remains thoroughly saddening. All the little details of glass and soup and blood and snow work together perfectly within the hundred word limit, and the entire scene is just so pathetic (perhaps even self-aware too)...:-( Harley needs a hug.

Also, I'm curious-you planning to do characters more than once in this? Or solo, paired, etc? Either way, looking forward to seeing what'cha come out with next. :-)
The Illegible chapter 5 . 6/8/2010
Tried starting this review a while ago, then lost it, then my brain broke due to analysis overload. :-P I did enjoy this (and next-will be reviewing that in a little bit) chapter though. The storm imagery for Joker was really, really awesome. In fact, all of the imagery in this (and next again) chapter was fantastic.

And good lord, poor Harley. A good friend of mine actually goes into rants whenever she thinks of 'Mad Love' ("He threw her out a WINDOW?"), and I'm inclined to agree with her. Girl really does deserve better treatment.

Off to deliver feedback on chappie six!
The Illegible chapter 4 . 5/14/2010
Have to make this review incredibly quick, but LOVED this chapter! Feel like you really nailed both Dr. Quinzel and Joker-their dialogue was great, the closing line was great, the descriptions...really, whole thing was just awesome.

Small crit: the repetitions in reference to her lips and eyes seemed to me like they weren't deliberate, and don't really reveal new information (last one for eyes does, and it's a lovely description "There were stars...supernova"). I'm specifically talking about the cases "dark red lips"/"lips were crimson" and "Harley rubbed her eyes harshly, smudging her lids black"/"eyes were black". I do see what you were doing sneaking in the image of transformed Harley, and I like it, but maybe playing around with the language a bit or something... *Shrugs*

Technical crits aside, concept of the scene rocked, characterizations rocked...I'm quite lookin' forward to the next one! ;-P
DarkAngel555 chapter 3 . 4/13/2010
I totally missed the fact that you updated... Sorry girl. :/ These drabbles are so amusing. I'm curious on how you're going to make them all about soup...

Xxhold me too tightXx chapter 3 . 3/31/2010
I like your strange little series! It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy X)
The Illegible chapter 3 . 3/31/2010
This. Was a badass drabble. Made even more badass considering it was about soup.

"He thoroughly believes that it won't be a bullet that kills him, but the images that dance behind his eyelids when he blinks." The imagery in this line was really powerful, definitely my favorite line. Your opening and concluding lines were also perfectly-hell, I generally try to avoid saying this, but this piece was perfect. Fantastic job. :-)
T0theM00N chapter 2 . 3/28/2010
Lawl Jonny-bird has a snot bubble!
Purple Ghost Sausage chapter 2 . 3/25/2010
Aww, poor sick Scarecrow. Nice chapter summary, too.
Green Arrow Girl chapter 2 . 3/24/2010
Poor Craney...lol. I like your drabbles and I look forward to some more :]
The Illegible chapter 2 . 3/24/2010
Aw! Poor Jon-being stuck with a cold in a straightjacket does not sound like happy fun times. The use of italics really helped get his tone across spectacularly, and you conveyed his misery perfectly in the last line. Do have some critiques, but they're teeny. First-Jonny's name is spelled Jonathan. Pretty common mix-up. Second, "learned very quickly that it very uncomfortable" needs a was, and the very repetition is a smidge awkward. This is an extremely easy fix in keeping with the 100 word limit though-shifting to "learned very quickly that it was uncomfortable" solves both problems without putting you over.

Otherwise, Arkham desperately needs better staff and hopefully by the point it's time for Jon's therapy session someone will notice his predicament. At least his nose isn't running, eh? :-) You planning to do more with this? Two-Face could be incredibly tragic-might even end up like this:

rockyownsmyheart. deviantart art/ Harvey-Eats-Soup- 96343834

:-) Anyway, great job!
DarkAngel555 chapter 1 . 3/3/2010
Okay, this made me giggle! He'll never win... Poor Bruce. I liked your disclaimer. That made me smile too!