Reviews for Beyond the Pale
crwatters chapter 4 . 8/3
you're amazing. if you ever feel like getting back to this story, you would make a certain person (me) very happy. but don't feel pressured into it. just do you. it's what you're good at:) thanks for writing this wonderful gem, though.
x.DreamQueen.x chapter 4 . 7/24
We'll then those people are stupid. Harry and Viktor dancing made me squeal. And I do absolutely love the other work that you've written, and I hope you update this story and all your others too.
SaintMichael95 chapter 4 . 7/24
Men... It's an OK story...
Where's the rest? It's been 4years 4months since the last chapter.
Racingalien3 chapter 4 . 7/22
oh wow... that's interesting... please say you're going to continue this... because this story's fascinating.
TFL chapter 4 . 7/17
Shame, HP&LV/TMR would work perfectly in this. Well, in a sense. Playing around with Asexuality and their relationship towards one another would be interesting indeed.
niyuu chapter 4 . 7/10
you'll probably get this a million times from me, but i *also* love *this* story, and would love to see more!

(and if it weren't for your many other lovely writings, i would have never even seen it, so don't go thinking your other things are somehow less. i believe this fanfic's popularity has more to do with your amazing gift for angst than anything else.)
arynwy chapter 4 . 7/9
Honestly, I'm smiling at your author's note - you have joined the ranks of countless writers, composers and other creators, well-known and obscure. The patrons of your art like the one that you like the least. How frustrating. ::grins::

It doesn't change the fact that this is a fine addition to the "Wrong Boy-Who-Lived/Harry-is-abandoned trope. It also doesn't change the fact that you've managed to breathe some fresh insight and air into situations/characters and not belabor us with facts and happenings we are already familiar with.

You nailed the mindset of this version of Harry, his responses to situations actually make sense without readers having to work at suspending disbelief - no super powers or over the top intelligence. I completely adored his response to Charlus about the whole CoS situation, including the phoenix solution. That Harry just picked the GoF back up immediately was perfect. That he got the drop on Barty Jr as a result of due diligence can't be beat. I also appreciate the fact that Diary!Tom found his older counterpart and minions a waste and did away with them. I was looking forward to seeing where you would go with that.

The fact that you started this as an amusement with none of the effort you put into the work you are truly invested in does not change the fact that this is an entertaining read. You seem to be a more than decent storyteller and that will out, no matter the material. Anyway, I wish you happy writing on the projects that do interest you.
DefiantFreedom chapter 4 . 7/9
I think this is really good. I wouldn't worry about being intimidated that it's popular - just write what you want to write. I mean, the whole purpose of this site is to take characters from your favourite books and write about them, right? So if you post something here, it's something that you wrote for yourself which you're letting other people look at. If they don't like it, they don't have to read it. If they post nasty comments, they're the ones with the problem. That said, this is great, but I get how it's weird and kind of upsetting to find that something you've put a lot of effort into is less popular than something you haven't put a lot of effort into.

Wow, I got carried away. Basically, this is great, and I agree with what you said in your note. Sorry for the mini-rant :)
shirobara1 chapter 4 . 7/8
Found this fic by another authors recomendation and i must admit i like what i read quite a bit, I look forward to anther chapter if one is menant to exsist.
You may not particularly like this story or want to work hard to get it out, but I have to tell you that it's better than 95% of the stuff on this site. Seriously. Apathetic!Harry works well with this history of abuse and he's slow to heal, which makes complete sense.

And of course, any story that includes a Ginny kill-off makes my day a bit brighter.:)

Looking forward to seeing you complete it some day.
Maxie210 chapter 4 . 6/26
Continue? Please?
Severussnapeismybff chapter 4 . 6/25
I love this. I read your note on the last chapter and I hope you decide to continue. Thanks for gracing is with this! :)
Melodien chapter 4 . 6/20
why am i only discovering this now? it's awesome! thank you for making this :D
EchoL4 chapter 4 . 6/20