Reviews for Beyond the Pale
CatWriter chapter 2 . 3/7/2010
So if Ginny is dead that means that Voldie is back, right? As for Lockhart, he needs to go bungie jumping with a short rope wrapped around his neck.

Good story, so far. And I love the nice long chapters. Keep up the good work. Oh and thanks for not making Harry gay. I've got nothing against gays, but I've spunt the last two years reading slash so now I just want straight harry, or Dom gay harry. tired of Harry getting knocked up and having to fight Voldie too. it's getting cliche for me now.

CatWriter
yamiyugi23 chapter 2 . 3/7/2010
I can understand Harry's veiw point in this so I don't really blame him for his actions. Lockhart needs to die, along with Vernon and Petunia, also don't the Potters get it, they can fix things with Harry over night!
Guyver Unit 1 chapter 2 . 3/7/2010
Very good so far, but you would think that Harry still had his parseltongue ability and the fact that he wasn't ruled by emotion would have made it easier for him to figure out the mystery of the CoS. I hope you update again soon.
Lady Laughter chapter 2 . 3/7/2010
Very interesting. Upsetting content, but I really appreciated the warning at the beginning. The point about Lockhart is very valid. Hope you continue, this is an incredibly thought provoking piece.
AngelQueen chapter 2 . 3/7/2010
Oh my! I'm thrilled to see that you decided to continue this! I love how you're slowly developing Harry's ability to feel and express his emotions, thanks mainly to the children who through sheer determination managed to slip past his defenses. I love that although he doesn't completely understand it, Harry considers his crew *his*, and he's pissed as hell that someone attacked one of them.

When I saw the warning at the top about the child abuse, I admit, my first thought that something was going to happen at the Dursleys, but then as a read I realized that Lockhart makes much more sense. Vernon Dursley is many things, but that particular breed of monster is not one of them. He's a bully, yes, but not a sexual pervert.

I practically cheered when Meg tackled Lockhart and beat the hell out of him. *smirks* Go girl! Though, whether she has a crush on Harry or not, I get the feeling she would have done the same for any of her friends.

One thing that I also thought after that whole debacle was that there might very well have been a few lynch mobs after Dumbledore as well as Lockhart. Most parents wouldn't give a damn if Lockhart was the only applicant for the DADA job - as Headmaster he should be doing a thorough and complete background check on the man. Dumbledore is a teacher, he should be trained to catch these things, hell the entire staff should. Instead it took a twelve-year-old who had seen Harry's type of behavior before to all but smack them across the face with it.

Ah, so no one was in time to rescue Ginny. I always got the feeling from the books that she really did only survive by the skin of her teeth. This time around with a very different Harry in place, she was quite screwed. Though, does this mean that Tom is out of the diary now? The Horcrux has been activated?

Speaking of the Weasleys, why was Arthur upset with James? Was it because of Charlus and Ron getting into trouble like Harry thought, or was it because he disapproved of James and Lily hiding their youngest son's existence well after the war ended? Arthur is a devoted father, I don't think he could ever bring himself to give up and lock away any of his children.

So, Vernon and Petunia have been locked away, and now Harry and Dudley are joining the Potter family. *snorts* That should be an interesting summer, to say the least. They're bringing in a child so spoiled by his parents that it isn't even funny as well as the son they abandoned, who is quite apathetic about them in general, and not to mention emotionally damaged by a sick bastard masquerading as a professor. It's going to require quite a bit of an adjustment for everyone, I bet.

And I imagine that Harry will insist on going to St. Mungo's in order to see Hermione once she's un-petrified.

Also, I'm glad you gave us some more of the background particulars as to how things ended up the way they did for Harry and the Potters. So Sirius ended up dying that night, explaining why he wasn't there to look after his godson. I dare say that this is a better excuse than the one he had in canon.

Excellent update! Again, so excited that you decided to continue with this story! Thanks so much! :)
slashslut chapter 2 . 3/7/2010
i agree with you about lockhart; he did seem very swarmy imo.
Bob-san chapter 2 . 3/7/2010
Moral of the story; don't review the most fantastic one-shots begging for more; you'll only be disappointed. Gah! Too much emotion and coddling. Maybe you did go along with it correctly, but I don't think an emotionally-frozen person would react in ANY way. Having him ignore his biological family would seem to the the better option. If he doesn't care, why would he react when out of immediate danger? Much less, even listen to Hermione after a few weeks/months? I found the little bit with Hedwig (stroking her feathers) a bit odd. What changed between leaving First Year and starting Second Year?

Anyways, it got better as it went on. Sort of showed Charlus to be made of different "stuff" than Harry (or not have the same resources).

Actually, I lied. It started poorly, got better, and then got worse. I was looking forward to interactions with his circle of 'friends', but that's where I'm more disappointed. While some students were assaulted, the only interaction (so to say) would be Harry patting Meg's back. I was looking forward to interactions with Hermione and Luna.
unique0987654321 chapter 2 . 3/7/2010
I love the level of possession harry feels! If sirius is dead then what will happen next year? Will any of the adults help harry? I hope its snape remus or a sirius back from the dead. update when you can!
Lord Jeram chapter 2 . 3/7/2010
Wow, this chapter got seriously dark fast. You may want to change the rating from a "T". I'm not sure that's high enough for what you've written.
Mrs. Invisible chapter 2 . 3/7/2010
lockhart was very scary, so good job, i would say

i'll give you 5/5!
TheLonelyApparition chapter 2 . 3/7/2010
UPDATE~! Excuse me while I die in happiness, I love this story XD

Meg is now my favorite character, EVER. The Tackling of Lockhart was epic. Harry has good friends :)

'Hermione teased her later about having a crush.

Harry just tilted his head in confusion – what was a crush?'

- makes you realize how messed up Harry is, not even knowing what a crush is :(

Harry was unable to find the Chamber of Secrets? I assume he isn't a parselmouth- nor would he be, as he isn't connected to Voldemort... But Charlus couldn't find it either? Wouldn't he have been able to hear the basilisk? (Or was he just not intelligent enough to find it..?)

Update soon~ :)

TheLonelyApparition
Doni chapter 2 . 3/7/2010
This is a really good story. Original, well written and even rarer - believable with the way the characters are reacting. Well done and Thank you!
expiry 4.23 chapter 2 . 3/7/2010
The thing with Lockhart made me a tad uncomfortable, but I can definitely see the logic. And it's lovely to see Harry becoming more emotive - no matter how how destructive those emotional are. Beautiful chapter.
gaul1 chapter 2 . 3/7/2010
good chapter, wonders if there will be seeing another riddle wandering about using the essense of ginny, byes
Rori Potter chapter 2 . 3/7/2010
That was great. Update soon.
1,150 | « Prev Page 1 .. 55 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 75 .. Last Next »