Reviews for Beyond the Pale
Rori Potter chapter 2 . 3/7/2010
That was great. Update soon.
DarkHeart81 chapter 2 . 3/7/2010
Can't say I liked the stuff Lockhart did and considered not reading this fic anymore after I read the warniong at the beginning. To me, Lockhart comes across as a homosexual and more likely to ensnare Snape than go after the students. I think it would have made more sense for the imperious curse to not work on Harry, give his mental shielding and all. And for Harry to beat the living tar out of Lockhart when he tried something.
jinglelamp chapter 2 . 3/7/2010
Another excellent chapter! Glad to see the Dursleys got what they deserved!

Just wondering if since Ginny is dead, did Tom Riddle regain his body? Will he be turning up soon?
Lenayvonne chapter 2 . 3/7/2010
Thank you so much for updating this. I was really looking forward to it. And I totally agree- Lockhart also struck me that way. I mean other than the fame why else would he have been so good at memory charms. Harry's development was brilliant.
broken handed chapter 1 . 3/7/2010
a chilling chapter of the darker side of misusing magic - but it was breath-taking as usual. It's wonderful how harry starts to feel the emotions, and I wonder what will happen next, since there's such a long path before he feels the good vibes more. And really, i hope harry gets hermione back - it might break him too much if any of his new friends are gone.

i love this story, by the way. not everything in harry potter world is good, after all.
Vilkath chapter 2 . 3/7/2010
It might be a logical thing to happen, specialy with a guy who loves to play with mind wipes.I have seen it used before on girls of hogwarts but I have to say I didn't really care for it in this case. Specialy how flitwick went out how his way to force harry to go when he had to know he was a useless teacher. Plus being simply ignorant is one thing but if he was involved enough to force harry to go to the detentions every day he should of noticed things. Plus in the end Lockhart really didn't get punished that bad and none the teachers involved in the scandal or hiring him got punished.

Over all though it's just par to course in the general theme of a lot of 'other brother' fics to make Harry's life horrible as possible. not only would such a thing happen to him but he wouldn't even fight back? Lockharts only real weapon is suprise and Harry's iron will can throw snape out of his mind but not fight off an imperio? Seemed odd to clutch his wand in class when he fears an attack, but to do nothing when he KNOWS one will happen in detentions.
whateveritis12 chapter 2 . 3/7/2010
I don't know if Harry wouldn't have found out about the Chamber of Secrets though. He's 10X smarter than he is in canon, and while he was actively looking into things I think with just a tiny bit of thinking and research he would have have been able to figure things out. Would he do something about it? Probably if only just getting Dumbledore or Flitwick and telling them what he knew.
history chapter 2 . 3/7/2010
I like a lot this story !

First i'm happy that harry began to have feelings . I wonder how he wil react when people will be friend with one of his friends but not with him.

I think that dumbledor began to fear harry (well when you have your brother was poisoned or the puting of dracio in the hospital wing) . That must rmind him ridle perhaps but i think he doesn't understand that harry doesn't like his famil !
Wonderbee31 chapter 2 . 3/7/2010
A dark chapter to say the least, and got to wonder how third year will go now with Harry, and if Ginny is dead, will there be a young Tom Riddle showing up sooner or later, and what will it mean to Dumbledore with Harry showing mainly negative emotions right now, will he do something for his view of the greater good?
kalerya chapter 2 . 3/7/2010
I somewhat disappointed, that Harry didn't find Basilisk.

If Ginny dead, then Tom resurrected? Will be there 2 Dark Lords?
Slytherin66 chapter 2 . 3/7/2010
A very nasty chapter I think you are correct about Lockheart however, poor Harry and Luna. I am glad that Ginny is no more. I wonder what the Headmaster will do now.
Tortin chapter 1 . 3/6/2010
Wow. I thought this was really nice. Completely apathetic Harry...I'm not really sure what to think about it. And Lily and James are alive? I find it hard to believe that they'd allow Harry to be shipped off to the Dursleys like that.
unique0987654321 chapter 1 . 3/6/2010
Please continue this! I absolutly loved it! It's too good to just end!
AnnaOtaku chapter 1 . 3/5/2010
This was very interesting,very different. Quite an enjoyable read! I hope you do decide to update!
Lady Laughter chapter 1 . 3/5/2010
Please do continue this, I'm really interested to see how Harry might develop or possibly heal psychologically. Snape's reaction was great too.
1,136 | « Prev Page 1 .. 55 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 75 .. Last Next »