Reviews for Beyond the Pale
WritingisLife95 chapter 3 . 4/29/2010
brilliant as usual looking forward to the next update :)
i think harry and charlus should go to hogwarts again but not of their own choice. it would be good if dumbledore forced them to go for 'protection' or for their 'own good' something like that mabye? but have lily and james come along as teachers too. hope you like the idea :) keep writing your stories are fantastic :)
mwinter1 chapter 3 . 4/29/2010
Interesting. Looks like because of Dumbledore and the Potter's mistake the Wizarding world is going to have a very long war.
elfdemon05 chapter 3 . 4/29/2010
Oh, don't send them back to Hogwarts.
Even if the Hogwarts is going to reopen, I don't think Dumbledore can be the headmaster anymore. It was because the Hogwarts were closed as Dumbledore didn't fulfill his responsibilities and he diretly harmed the student (i.e. Knowingly allowing a man possessed by a Dark Spirit/Wraith onto the grounds as a Teacher and then luring a group of students to fight said Wraith,etc), the public may be blined, but so blined that they will let him to be the headmaster again.
Erroneously chapter 3 . 4/29/2010
Thanks for the update - I really like the way you describe Dudley and Harry's adjustment. I'd be interested to see Harry and Charlus at the Ipswich Boys school - a completely different environment, and probably in the U.S. they don't care too much about the whole BWL thing.
BlackRoseDecending chapter 3 . 4/29/2010
I'd rather see them at Hogwarts because there's more play on the other characters and more added drama due to their dislike and distrust of Dumbledore.

Very good chapter. I liked it loads. :)
Rainbow2007 chapter 3 . 4/29/2010
I love it
They should go to Ipswich
Valheru1988 chapter 3 . 4/29/2010
Ok your message at the end confused me. Finished as in this chapter or this story? Well eitehr way i took the easier on you route of just adding this to story alert and waiting patiently (while reading a few hundred other stories, I read to fast.) Well, keep up the great work and good luck to you in your life.
Amore chapter 3 . 4/29/2010
They should stay in Hogwarts )
Lientjuhh chapter 3 . 4/29/2010
I love it.. Well done.. :)
Slytherin66 chapter 3 . 4/29/2010
This was a really good chapter I loved the fact Dumbledore was in trouble and his good name has been damaged. I am glad Harry kept his ability to talk to snakes secret he is right why should he care about Tom, Albus or the magical world.

It was an interesting insight into the Potters good people but not perfect still I like Harry's attiyude and he should not trust them or Albus ever.

Poor Luna I like her as a character but you have her damaged nature done perfectly and her unique view of the world. Harry the fox was good her gift to Harry was a good one very funny and at least James had some pleasure out of it.

Meg was an interesting character her gift was a really good one.

Using a Phoenix to enter the chamber makes sense I hope the grand plans of Albus continue to fail.

I can understand the feeling of Mr Weasley the Potters may not be perfect but they did not try hard enough to protect Harry. I hope Flitwick has learned form his mistakes you are correct about the Heads of House.

I think Harry and Charlus should go back to Hogwarts I would like to see the Headmaster suffer more, find out if Draco has turned into anything more than a ponce. But regardless of where they go I will keep reading and I look forward to the next chapter.
AngelQueen chapter 3 . 4/29/2010
A new chapter! *bounces* I'm so glad you decided to continue this story! It's always a thrill to see a new chapter notification appear in my inbox! :)

Huh, so given your explanations of Charlus and the Potters at the end of the chapter, I'm guessing that the look of horror on James and Lily's faces after Harry told them he could understand the snake meant they were horrified that he might be the subject of the Prophecy? And not the stupid superstition of snake-speakers being evil?

I have to say that I like how Harry seems to be thawing toward his family. I rather enjoyed Harry stepping in front of Charlus to protect him when Dumbledore pulled his wand, as well as Harry taking Dumbledore to task for upsetting his parents every time he came around.

Hermione's recovered! Excellent! Seems like St. Mungo's is as efficient as ever. That was always something else that bothered me, that Madame Pomfrey didn't insist on calling on St. Mungo's resources once the petrified students started rolling in. I imagine that a magical hospital has far more resources than a school infirmary and would have been able to get the Mandrake juice a lot more quickly. Then the students would have only missed a short amoung of school as opposed to nearly an entire year (for some of them).

I'm really glad to see that Harry's keeping in contact with his friends. Meg, Hermione, Neville, and Luna probably still mean more to him than his family does (though he's no longer indifferent to his family, I think), so it's good to see that Lily and James are smart enough to not smother and isolate Harry with them.

As for your question about whether the boys should go back to Hogwarts or not, I'd say not. At the beginning of the chapter, you talked about how Dumbledore and Hogwarts got dragged through the mud and their dirty laundry was aired in the Daily Prophet. Given his gross negligence and actions in trying to throw Tom Riddle and Charlus together, thus endangering every single other person in the castle, it's probably a miracle that he managed to retain his position as Headmaster, namely, calling in practically every single political favor he had and/or supreme incompetence on the part of the Governors, Fudge, and the Ministry. Then given the fact that Dumbledore has spent part of the last year practically stalking Charlus and the Potters and as well as for allowing Lockhart into the castle without background checks and thus allowing Harry to be seriously harmed, I'd imagine that James and Lily aren't all that kindly disposed toward him, so I can't think at this point that they want the old man near either of their sons. Heck, given what the public knows about what Dumbledore's done, I can't think that many responsible parents would want him in charge of their children's schooling either. It might be interesting to see many parents keeping their children from Hogwarts once it opens again, including the Potters, the Grangers, Meg's parents, Augusta Longbottom, and so on. Heck, after what happened to Ginny, I'd imagine that the other Weasley children will go back to Hogwarts over Molly and Arthur's dead bodies. Of course, if there really was a concentrated effort on the part of many parents to keep their children away from Dumbledore and Hogwarts, then the tuition fees would probably sky-rocket as a result. Hogwarts would then probably be too expensive to keep open.

Again, spectacular job on this latest chapter! I hope you'll be able to come up with more for this story, but don't sweat it if you can't. Writing fanfic is supposed to be fun, so if it's not anymore, that's perfectly okay. You've given us some wonderful stuff here already. I know too how uncooperative the muse can be.

Thanks again! :)
ArrowMk84 chapter 3 . 4/29/2010
They should stay at Hogwarts, with Hermione also in attendance. You lost the Harry/Hermione/Meg dynamic in this chapter and you need to get that back.
bybytte chapter 2 . 4/28/2010
I love your story !
Please write soon !

bisoux
Marikili68 chapter 2 . 4/27/2010
i love your story please update soon!
hereandgone chapter 2 . 4/26/2010
I love this.

And yeah, Lockhart has always kind of struck me as... creepy...

Can't wait till third year.

-Tsuki