Reviews for Beyond the Pale
KaggyAlucardSesh chapter 1 . 2/27/2010
please continue this story
AngelQueen chapter 1 . 2/27/2010
Oh... wow! *flails* You're right, outright apathy *is* just as or even more disturbing than insanity. I really love how you've brought this scary version of Harry to life! I think I almost started crying myself when I read that part with Fawkes. It breaks my heart that the phoenix tries so hard to heal him, singing and crying, and Harry just sitting there, completely neutral and unmoving.

I know you said that this might be the only chapter, and I think it's an amazing story on its own. Nonetheless, I went ahead and put on a story alert for it, just in case, because I really think that this would be amazing to continue with. It makes me wonder what will happen when Voldemort is faced with a Harry who literally doesn't care, not to mention the story behind what made the Potters toss their youngest son to the wolves er, the Dursleys. I'll keep my fingers crossed. ;)

Again, outstanding story! It's amazing!
jinglelamp chapter 1 . 2/27/2010
I REALLY like this story - its such a refreshing angle! I would definately read it if you made it a multichapter fic.

Just wondering why did his parents give Harry up? Will this be slash like some of your other fics?
Shadow-Digital chapter 1 . 2/27/2010
I like it very very very (2 hours late) very much and I want to read the next chapter Bye
May Eve chapter 1 . 2/27/2010
If you do decide to revisit this, I know I won't be the only waiting to rejoice. This is fascinating and very well done. I hope the plunnie that birthed this one comes back to haunt you.
Pryde2 chapter 1 . 2/27/2010
An amazing start to what looks like a realy good story. I wonder how long it will be before the girls get Harrys shell to crack.
evil-sami-poo chapter 1 . 2/27/2010
Looks fascinating XD Can't wait to see more... It's nice to see this different plot
Loyal Reader chapter 1 . 2/27/2010
Very nice.
Damian1384 chapter 1 . 2/27/2010
Utterly Brilliant! I have read a number of stories where the troll went in the bathroom because he smelled the girl, but never one that had it going after the water. Still dangerous but different.
Slygirl50 chapter 1 . 2/27/2010
Very interesting take on Harry, but I like it. You could go many places with a start like this, and I am excited to see where you take this. :)
history chapter 1 . 2/27/2010
Your story is really good . Harry is really special : i want to crie for him. Poor him . Could you please continue this story ?
luckykas chapter 1 . 2/27/2010
Please continue this story for the other years. Very rarely do you get to see something totally new in HP fanfic. I like how you describe Harry's various aspect. The damage to his psyche, in the scene with phoenix. Or his intelligence by saying exams were too easy for him. It is more fun to understand this enigma as you peel layers off his personality and talents one by one.

The blood wards in canon were based off Lily's sacrifice. Lily is alive in your fic. You could show that Lily sacrificed her life and Harry was sent to Dursleys to keep a safe location for Potters if they ever needed one. Charlus being BWL is raised by James to be capable of fighting DEs. The fic could be how Harry's childhood is ruined by Dursleys while Charlus's is ruined by James/Dumbles by training, rather than portraying Charlus as a pampered prince.

From the chapter one gets the feeling that the BWL is not up to the par either due to ability of due to lack of motivation. Hat comments on his occlumency. Since Gryffindor won the house cup I am guessing he confronted Riddle. However Riddle was lured back in Harry's first year, if we are assuming that he was test for BWL why would Dumbles wait one more year before testing Charlus? Possibly he wanted to see which Potter child would seek out the stone and face Voldemort. Potters were portrayed as pretty cliche, but thats fine for now.

I truly enjoyed this chapter. It is a great foundation for a small series of one chapter per year fic. The Harry you have portrayed is so different that there is no way to predict how he could impact the canon. The possibilities are endless. Hope you continue the fic.
hyperfuzzy chapter 1 . 2/27/2010
It is an intresting fanfic, but i think mostly because you could take this anywhere. that being said how would harry hav an older brother and how did his parents live... or how he probably sees it his things considered i would like to see where you'd take this.
kcl chapter 1 . 2/27/2010
What a thoroughly fascinating approach to Harry! I know you said you may not be continuing this, but I sincerely hope you'll reconsider. I would love to see where you decide to take this story in the following Hogwarts years. Thanks!
Haunt of twilight chapter 1 . 2/27/2010
If you do choose to continue this, I for one will be waiting for the chapter. I can't believe the Potters did that. I like that you had Hermione and Harry be friends. I would have done the same thing Harry did with the Potter presents...actually I might have burned them...anyways...what right did they have to think he would be ok or happy with thier choice? Then for Lily to send a neckalace that monitors his health? it's like she cares...if she did where was she the last ten years?
1,075 | « Prev Page 1 .. 58 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 .. Last Next »