Reviews for Through the Cracks in the Mask
InkWave chapter 2 . 1/24
This was very interesting, seeing Naruto get the wake up call that it looked like he always needed but in canon turned was either ignored leaving him as Sakura's whipping boy or implied that Jiraya helped with on their training trip.
Umanso chapter 1 . 11/24/2016
He assumed I was a faggot durr hurr durr
Kairan1979 chapter 2 . 4/18/2016
I really wish somebody dealt with Naruto's issues the way you described them. Because in canon they missed Neji's issues (and he nearly killed Hinata); Sasuke's psychological problems weren't addressed (so it wasn't a surprise that he turned into a rogue shinobi), not to mention Hinata's crippling lack of self-esteem or Sakura's 'inner personality'.
gearworks of ff chapter 2 . 12/20/2015
interesting perspective
misses out on a range of details possible

slightly worse is (A Month as Naruto Uzumaki) by Angel of Snapdragons (story id:5945419)

also what would locals spies for other villages think of citizen/shinobi actions
as they link to naruto, and how could they be concealed to the other villages?
clean up crews sweeping up the spies after every major prank?

good read though
Daisuke Kazamatsuri chapter 2 . 12/14/2015
This...is absolutely amazing. On so many levels. For one, as a fellow writer, I would like to say that I wish I could follow up on a character study as well and as thoroughly as you have here. I tried with Adachi from Persona 4 and failed miserably. For another, the fact that you could write nearly 30000 words in a chapter and not have it run together like so much wallpaper is awesome. My only wish, though I wouldn't expect you to grant it (I have not yet checked your profile, nor do I intend this to be a request to be fullfilled; if it happens, it happens) would be to see a continuation that follows Naruto through the early genuine stuff just to show how his attitude is different. Not that any of the events would change, just Naruto's attitude toward them. At any rate, awesome! I absolutely loved this!
Cyclax chapter 2 . 10/1/2015
Love the way you dig into Naruto's brain. Thanks for writing.
Tonegawa Himawari Rie chapter 2 . 4/29/2015
Oh my god! What a wonderful Naruto-centric story! I want more! ...that is, of you hadn't put the complete sign in your story. What a shame. I have no doubt that if you continue, this story will attract many visitors that liked to reviews. Oh well. Bye, I hope you well.

日本人からのメッセじです。私は利根川理恵と申します。よろしくお願いしますね
POPPOP chapter 2 . 4/18/2015
AMAZING
Crack-jouchan chapter 2 . 4/14/2015
Whewww. I like Anko as a psychologist. Yeah, she can be crazy and a sadist, but I'd trust her more than any other normal psychologist cause she's just so blunt and honest. Plus you know she understands and so she won't do anything too bad.

Bad Naruto for thinking psychologists are for psychos! I feel insulted! Seriously, people shouldn't have that idea. It's so wrong.
Crack-jouchan chapter 1 . 4/14/2015
/shrug look, one person loving him won't save him, if that person died while he was young to protect him. If anything, it made him even worst. Now we have a combination of canon!Naruto with a spice of Sasuke. He's as fucked up as they can get. Until someone opens their eyes and realises that no, someone cannot be happy like that unless they were dropped on their head really hard as a baby, I think it'll continue on.

I like the subtle differences, though. I like this more cynical Naruto. Look, the people around him don't deserve the benefit of the doubt that canon!Naruto gives them, man.
ChiChiChico chapter 2 . 4/8/2015
I love this story with a passion. I've always thought that Naruto's behavior was a mask, and your story was the perfect way to show it. I love how you did more than make him an angsty kid, but that you dug deeper, and made him see what was wrong, and helped him fix his issues. I love how real your story was, and I really hope you do a continuation of this story because I feel like his new attitude mixed with Sasuke and Sakura would really help fix his two teammates' attitudes and maybe even cause Sasuke to become a better, less vengeful person. I understand if you don't want to continue this story, or if life's too busy, but if you do, just know that I'll be waiting for it eagerly. Thanks for the amazing story!
Jinren chapter 2 . 12/6/2014
This is really awesome fic.
But I wish it had more chapter.
SilverRider09 chapter 2 . 8/14/2014
I SHALL REVIEW! TOBI SHALL REVIEW ALL IN CAPTIOL LETTERS! TOBI VOLUNTEERS AS TRIBUTE! MAY THE ODDS BE EVER IN TOBI'S FAVOR! TOBI THINKS THIS CHAPTER IS VERY GOOD. CHAPTER AND OTHER ONE IS GOOD. JUST LIKE TOBI. CHAPTER ARE GOOD CHAPTER, AND TOBI IS GOOD TOBI. TOBI IS A GOOD BOY.
alia00 chapter 2 . 6/14/2014
it's a fabulous fiction, thank you
Giraffeknees chapter 2 . 4/15/2014
This was a really interesting and unique take on Cannonish Naruto
please update this is awesome