Reviews for Switching Sides
Quathis chapter 10 . 3/15/2011
Great inner-character detail here, even on some of the lesser known Joes like Recondo. Good job getting inside his head. Also liking the tension going into the mission, though with Beach sleeping, half the tension hasn't arrived yet. Until next time.
Karama9 chapter 10 . 3/15/2011
*squeals in glee* UPDATE!

Awh, poor Tommy, most people still don't trust him at all. Hopefully this mission goes well (at least in the sense it goes in such a way as to clearly establish he did not lie or set the Joes up) and all these doubting people get a new reason to put their misgivings aside.

Love Hawk, knowing Snake Eyes was there. He would know, of course, because he's Hawk. Besides it was easy to guess.

Very much looking forward to more updates, on this or any other stories!
TinySprite chapter 10 . 3/15/2011
Great setup you've got here. Can't wait to see what happens when they arrive!
willwrite4fics chapter 10 . 3/15/2011
Ooooooo! Excellant. And Hawk is either brilliant and this will force Beach to face the facts that Storm is now a teammate.. or he'll be short a Sgt major when he takes the opportunity to try shooting him in the confusion of battle.

Recondo is so cool. We should see more of him. Poor guy, his joy at returning to the jungle ruined by the company. And you'd think sooner or later SnakeEyes would stop falling for the 'guessing' that Hawk gets over on him.

Thanks for updating and I hope this is the end of your dry spell!
Totenkinder Madchen chapter 10 . 3/15/2011
Pffft. Satan can freeze. I'm just happy for awesome updates.

Some great moments in this chapter-Hawk calling Snake out of the vents has to be my favorite, though getting inside Recondo's head runs a close second. Is he really from Wisconsin? My God, what happened to him to turn him into Jungle Recon?

(I know how he feels about the ruins, BTW. I almost cried when I was watching Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen and seeing those robots tearing up the pyramids of Giza. NOOOOO! HISTORY!)

I really like how everyone's still nervous about Storm, and the open acknowledgment of the fact that he killed more than a few of their guys before. It's definitely realistic: while we personally like Storm, we know the Joes would have several damn good, KIA reasons not too, and I suspect it'll take more than a few life-savings before any of them consider the possibility of cutting him some slack.

On the realism front, I also liked the info about where the Commander got the steel and fuel. It makes sense: he could technically buy through legitimate sources using dummy companies, but it's simpler if he can control it right at the source. God, imagine working for a fuel company that was run by Cobra Commander . . . Jesus H. Christ.

So, er, yeah. Awesome, as usual. :D More please?
fan girl 666 chapter 9 . 2/19/2011
this is a very awsome story so far i love the plot and hope to review more chapters as soon as they are posted
the pilot of eva unit 04 chapter 9 . 2/8/2011
Great fic hey heres a suggestion (bear with me I haven't read the comics in years) How about having Jinx's reaction to storm shadow joining the joes (assuming she's there) in this fic.

Lol imagine the chaos with her storm shadow and Snake eyes on the loose in that place
Solsabre1 chapter 9 . 1/23/2011
I love your stories, especially how you blend in many light-hearted moments! I'll admit I would love to see the confrontation of Storm Shadow with G.I. Joe when he goes to switch sides rather than retelling it through character thoughts/
Shiro-Kitsune8 chapter 9 . 12/26/2010
Yay! One more dude to add to Storms 'their not gonna try to kill me' list! I'm really looking forward to the next chapter of this
Autobot traitor chapter 9 . 5/30/2010
Keep going!
Mellifluence chapter 8 . 5/19/2010
I think this just might be my favourite chapter so far.

"I'd replace 'ninja clans' with 'highly secretive ethnic group'." -Best line ever. P
Vierge chapter 9 . 5/17/2010
I was rereading the comics, and had begun to wonder when Stalker would weigh in on Storm Shadow's "return" to the good guys.

What I appreciated the most about this chapter is that it's a great reminder that Stalker is an important factor in the chain of friendships that were formed during their time in Vietnam. Sure, Tommy and Snake Eyes might have eventually wound up as closer to each other than they were to Stalker, but Stalker was still most certainly their friend, and probably the only one in the entire Joe team who can truly say he knew both Tommy and Snakes before they became the legendary ninja that they are now. No matter how close Scarlett is to Snake Eyes now, there's still something about Stalker's bond with the two ninja that's a different kind of privileged.

And well, at least he's sort of-kind of forgiven Storm Shadow, right? He's got a point about Tommy being human, after all. And at least he's trying to make up for those mistakes, and in a very big way.
zenbon zakura chapter 9 . 5/17/2010
ouchies lol cobra comander just got burned

ooooohhhhhhhhh hehehehehehe

hurry update!
Karama9 chapter 9 . 5/16/2010
Very nice chapter, loved the interaction and how Stalker gets a glimpse into Storm Shadow's head. Psyche Out would absolutely be jealous.

I understand why it took him a while, but I love that Stalker is coming around, and you arranged it very well... nothing better than the realization Tommy really is sorry to open the path to forgiving him.
Linuxgirl chapter 9 . 5/16/2010
Yay, update :-).

Love the story more and more. Lonzo is well written, only Snakes would be as quick to forgive considering how close he and Tommy really are. Though Lonzo would be willing to forgive Tommy over time.

"hell, the man could probably have been his own LRRP squad" *ROFL* Bullseye!

And that sentence was simply too much for me not to end up laughing myself sick: "The tall blond Ranger would actually carry on conversations with the shorter, frighteningly energetic Asian man." How the heck do you manage to think of those phrases. The pictures in my head are priceless. I could see Stalker gawking openmouthed the first time Snake answered to Tommy in a whole sentence ;-).

As for vanishing in a white hallway when clad in black... Poor Stalker, you obviously never heard of the ninja ability of staying on the edge of your sight in the blind spot *g* (yes I'm quoting, but I don't remember which issue it was).

Great chapter, great story. Hoping very hard for more soon.
134 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 .. Last Next »