Reviews for Occupational Hazard
Guest chapter 1 . 9/29/2017
Not bad but considering how stubborn Sangheili are and how well trained they are in the series even a Space Marine might find them a bit more dangerous than say the TAU for example.

Sangheili earned the title Elite's from humans for a reason. They are born warriors , raised from the time they can walk to be warriors. In their culture all other trades are treated as hobbies . Think a culture that is a cross between Samurai and Ancient Spartan culture that's what Sangheili culture effectively is.

So it's unlikely that even a young minor will make rookie mistakes.

In addition they probably wouldn't be in full retreat as they see death in battle as an honor.
And post war they do have Unggoy aka grunts as allies or cannon fodder rather, as well as Hunters who number in the trillions and are effectively walking tanks,. Jackals or Kig Yar are mercenaries who work for them. So it's not like the Imperium is going to steam roll trillions upon trillions of Xenos easily

Especially with no previous experience with covenant tactics which if they are losing they will just glass the planet. And considering how many enemies they are already dealing with.

Though I would assume the Unsc breaks their treaty with the xenos and allies with the Imperium similar to the Dwarves in 40k .

Something you might be able to use in an expansion of this .
But overall good job , keep writing your good at it .

But I suggest you take a good look at the Halo series as it's not as weak overall as some would like to think.
justreidabook chapter 1 . 3/5/2016
Heh
Masterix chapter 1 . 12/12/2015
Dear God, I can't stop laughing!
Parks98 chapter 1 . 7/23/2015
Hahahahaah oh god this is so true!
A Random Reader chapter 1 . 3/16/2014
Well, that happened.
Moonreaper666 chapter 1 . 12/6/2013
The Dark Angels hate aliens more than the standard Chapter! Oh SHIT! In my fanfiction they along with the Red Scorpions ended up in EQUESTRIA!
Tambuli chapter 1 . 8/4/2013
And does less damage than ur average lasgun
S239 chapter 1 . 5/24/2013
I prefer a Covenant Plasma Repeater anytime over an Imprerium Plasma rifle.
Rythik74 chapter 1 . 5/11/2013
That was unexpected, but still funny.
Warrior Chickenz chapter 1 . 2/27/2013
Interesting. I kind of want to see a continuation, but I have to admire it as it is. Excelent work.
Axcel chapter 1 . 8/21/2012
Truth be told, after reading the canon background as to WHY the Imperium hates aliens so deeply, I can't help but want to scream zealously for alien blood. Seriously, it's like every single species save the jakero during the age of strife decided to burn their treaties and pull a cross between Vlad the Impaler and the Holocaust on humanity. Seriously, wtf? Then the Imperium tried giving newly encountered species a chance/benefit of the doubt and those xenos threw it in mankind's face. If I were a human in the Imperium, I'd want the extinction of all non-human life, too! Propaganda or no propoganda.
Guest chapter 1 . 7/18/2012
Truth... Imperium Plasma weapons tend to be quite unstable, and rather fatal when they malfunction.
Truth... Covenant Plasma weapons tend to be quite stable, and quite painful IF they malfunction.
Truth... Thusly, the Covenant builds Plasma weapons that are superior to Imperium Plasma weapons...

Times like this, I love the Covenant.
lazyguy90 chapter 1 . 4/8/2012
Haha, very cool. Nice work.
RagnarBlackmane chapter 1 . 4/3/2012
Why didn't the Marine smash him over the head with it?

Plasma weapons double as bludeons you know!
Conlan78 chapter 1 . 12/31/2011
Actually the imperial forces made the plasma guns safer by lengthening the cool down time, making jams and meltdowns impossible. Only the chaos forces still use the old plasma guns. But still a good story and don't let me question your ethics.