Reviews for Naruto's Kit 2
Shang chapter 8 . 2/16/2013
To be honest, it's a bit strange to have a Hokage escorted by a bunch of gennin, chuunin and a shinobi who may potentially be a traitor (Dansue). I know, Naruto should be able to handle himself, but the protocol is that one of teh Five Shadows travels with 2 bodyguards, whom by all indication are people of very high skill (check Kage SUmmit), so this arrangement may be a bit unease on manga fans.

I am curious how you're gonna handle the team's first, serious mission though, that was always a very troubling part of my next gen stories '
Shang chapter 7 . 2/16/2013
Well, this felt like a filler chapter; on one hand it's an interesting idea to show how gennin typical day should REALLY look like... on the other, it's not something most adventure fans would be interested in, since it didn't push the story forward nor had a lot of comedy in it.

And someone really should do something to save those cats '
Dragon Man 180 chapter 43 . 2/15/2013
Damn, akidney wound is nasty. I do find the match to have been a bit booring, it seemed more talk than action.
Shang chapter 6 . 2/14/2013
Generally what Hanabi said makes a lot of sense, so kudos on that.
But the sparring and general exercise make Akane seem overpowered again... I got that feeling in NK1, but I fear this may push it to new lengths with Akane actually facing off shinobi life. You must really watchout for that, coz I doubt many would like to read an adventure tale where the protagonist is insanely strong (considering her rank, experience and the like).
Well, so far this is going rather smoothly (better then the beginning on NK1 in my opinion) and I like the mention of the cat at the end... I make fun of that in my next gen fics too ;P
Shang chapter 5 . 2/14/2013
Hmmm... on one hand kudos for a rather original test (granted the strain put on the team to work together seems weaker then the one Kakashi's exam put, since the trio didn't thought right off only two of them could pass and thus worked together at the beginning, making it easier to bond together for the end), but Hanabi seemed to take the test too seriously.
I mean, yes, she refrained from using Byakugan, but still - a jounin using weapons in this predicament? Kakashi didn't even really fight back in his, gennin test and throwing weapons could seriously harm her students. Doesn't seem like a very jounin-thing to do to me.

On a plus side you did show some more tactics from your gennin... a thing that most fanfic writers don't do, in stead making their shinobi fight each other head on, without plans. True, the ones presented maybe weren't anything grand, but the clone diversion I find quite entertaining.

Only it feels Akane is overpowered somewhat...
Shang chapter 4 . 2/14/2013
Hmmm... well, regardless to how this goes, you do get a plus for NOT doing a simple bell test (this smells a bit like the test I made for "Legacy..." and thus I'm suspecting some sort of a catch). It still feels a bit weird to see Ichinoshikyo like this, knowing Part I anyway.

The pep talk was okay, only aside from Hanabi proclaiming she knew Akane's secret, there seemed to be little meaning to it (since nothing was really resolved)... of course some impact might be shown later as the story focuses on the gennin exam for now, but it doesn't seem like Akane gave the idea of sharing her secret with her teammates.

Overall a decent chapter.
Shang chapter 3 . 2/13/2013
Wasn't Ichinoshikyo afraid of the sun to the point of panic? If so, how is he standing in brought daylight now?

Well, some of the gennin make me curious, granted I'm rarely happy with choosing to present them right off (like anime did) in stead of before the Chuunin Exams... for most part it doesn't help the reader get acquianted with them (since they don't play a part beyond squad assignment) and if, by chance, someone would get interested in them, they have to wait to see that character again.
In correspondance to your earlier fic, the rooster also gives a slight feel of favorism as Kurenai's old team seem to be the only one who has any connection to this, new generation (Shiba and Tatsu are obvious, Hanabi and Akane are technically Hyuuga to some extend and one of the jounin is Kurenai herself.

I am curious about team six specifically, Sayo and Masa most of all. Well, time will tell. I wonder if you're gonna do a different thing then a simple bell test.

Btw, nice reference to Raijuu and Yamato no Orochi, granted the former was never described as a mongoose (cat, wolf and most commonly weasel were suggested), so that is misleading to those that are not familiar with ACTUAL Bijuu mythology (I am, coz I checked it out for "Shinobi Showdown" ;P)
Shang chapter 2 . 2/13/2013
Personally I'm not keen on the idea of relationship between Akane and Sorata... this feels almost like ripping the manga off as (for most part) chapter 2 was a bonus since Konohamaru barely plays a part in the story. Of course one will see what'll come out of it, but I'm very dfensive now.

Still not much can be said plotwise, I'm anxious about the new gennin though; to me it's always the most fun part of a next gen fic - getting to know the characters and uncover their secrets.
Shinome Akira chapter 43 . 2/8/2013
Animefangirl95 chapter 43 . 2/8/2013
Awesome fight!
Animefangirl95 chapter 42 . 2/8/2013
Awesome job
61394 chapter 43 . 2/8/2013
why do people think steam moves are the five tails attacks it's just something Han can do
RasenganFin chapter 43 . 2/8/2013
Ohhh hows he gonna get out of this?
Shang chapter 1 . 1/25/2013
An intriguing start. To some extend, it reminds me of how I started my NNG ifc all those years back... gah, getting nostalgic '

The writing style is a bit rough on the edges - at some parts quite descriptive on others seemingly plain. I don't mind either, but for a better flow of the story, it's best to stick with one, it gives the reader a more consistent feeling (partly why I keep the simple style of NNG after all these years).

From title and some paragraphs, I'm assuming this is a continuation of your previous work; to that end I have a question - how needed is the knowledge of part one to understand this piece? From wording, I can figure out at least Akane and Shiba were introduced earlier.

I actually like next generation tales (the collection of my fics should tell one that much), so I'm quite interested in your character rooster; I do hope you'll be using some original ideas, in stead of just forming carbon copies of Naruto cast, but judging from Shiba's character I have high hopes you'll manage to put a twist on known names.
I do fear a bit Akane becoming a Mary Sue, judging by what was written up til now... only time will tell of course, but I still advice you keep an eye on it; adventure stories with an overpowered protagonist are rarely fun to read.

Not much I can say of this piece plotwise, but it has a certain charm to it. I'm the type to review each chapter separately, so you can expect at least a few more comments from me on the opening installments... be that good or bad is for you to decide.

Either way - kudos on a spectacular number of reviews. I'm somewhat jealous ;P
Dragon Man 180 chapter 42 . 1/12/2013
Lots of info dumps about various techniques and people, but not in an intersting way. Having someone like Lee or Gai explain a taijutsu technique makes it more interesting, the only really interesting bit was the explanation on how Tatsu has jutsu under his belt that don't rely on his bugs.
563 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »