Reviews for Gift of Screws
short-skirtbluescarf chapter 12 . 8/12/2014
This chapter was absolutely beautiful!
ParijanTaiyou chapter 25 . 10/19/2013
Hi! So I've just finished reading your story.
It's amazing. It's never taken me so little time to read a story this long before. I ABSOLUTELY loved it!
They're just all so in-character, maybe even more than in the show itself. House is manipulative and insecure, Cuddy is tensed and everything, Rachel was annoying at first but I think we all ended up loving her as we got to know her in the story. Loved it, loved it, loved it. It was angsty at times all right, and I hope that H&C don't always fight that much! lol Well it's not usually my favorite kind of story, but I still enjoyed it. So yup, it was pretty amazing :)
Also the sex scenes. Oh. my. god. Chapters 7, 13 and 24, just WOW.
Anyway, thank you SO much for all the hard work you've put into this story!
somebadhat chapter 9 . 4/1/2013
your chapters are too long
DestaniThomas chapter 1 . 1/20/2013
I love this story, very well written and very amazing. 3
Huddyphoric chapter 25 . 6/11/2012
I absolutely loved this fic. From start to finish GoS has been, hands-down, one of the most fun and satisfying Huddy stories I have read. Thank you tremendously for sharing this with everyone and I'm anxious to see what Huddy will be up to next! Sequel, Please? :)

P.S. I'm really hoping that Cuddy's Plan B pill doesn't work. ;)
savinglives44 chapter 1 . 6/4/2012
Hey,

If E.L. James can turn her fanfic into a best-selling trilogy, I bet you can too. :)

I'd much rather read your stuff anyway.
paroulis chapter 25 . 5/30/2012
I am sorry I haven't done this sooner but I have been really busy, changing hotels every night and waking up so early I could hardly stay awake past 9, so I was waiting till I got home to do this wright. You know how much I love your story, if not by my comments, then by the prompts and the times I was asking for a new chapter before you were ready to post. I was kind of looking forward and kind of hating that this was the last chapter, especially with the timing of the show. I was afraid this would be the end but you have done it in such a masterful way that it feels like nothing is ending and so many new prospects for your characters are opening up.

When I first started reading this story I loved the smut. Then I started paying attention to the layered conversations, the feelings said and unsaid and of coerce the dynamics between all of them. And yes I was hoping for a happy ending. I have heard so many times about the need of House to grow and the development of the characters and how people don't change and I have watched, unfortunately, how difficult it has been for the writers of the show to make all this work. But you nailed it. You kept all of them honest and true to themselves and you managed to have them move forward, not because it would just rap everything up with a nice big bow. It was because of House being his usual unrelenting self wanted Rachel and wouldn't quit till she was his little girl, Cuddy with her control issues was nowhere ready to share parenthood and had no idea that she was unwillingly sabotaging what she claimed she wanted more that anything, and Rachel being sic and secretive and the first to open up. They moved forward because they love each other and that was just beautiful.

I really hope you will continue this story. I would so love to see them down the road struggling and failing and succeeding in being a family and loving each other. Especially with the trouble they all seem to have with the idea of unconditional love! Again I can not thank you enough for a story that was brightening up my day and kept me checking ff every couple of hours for more than a year now...Please keep writing and I promise there are so many people who are reading.
Josam chapter 25 . 5/28/2012
Gosh... I'm slow! I realized yesterday that I was 3 chapters behind AND this was the last one. As always, your writing skills are amazing. It's great how you analyzed them, it's deep and makes your story different from others. Good diff.

What happen during this WE change a lot for both of them. I understand Cuddy's troubles to believe he wants more with Rachel. He has to continue proving her that he's not kidding.

She also has to learn how to "share" her daughter and more important, listening to his point of vue toward Rach's education and well being. If he screw up something, she has to try not to blame him or overreact. That's the difficult part for Cuddy " the control freak".

Hope you will continue to write, love reading your analyzes.

Take care! Jo' (Josam / JoGby)
harvesttime chapter 25 . 5/26/2012
Simply fantastic! such a wonderful story, truly. looking forward to the next update of FoF. You have such a promising beginning to that story. Hope you're able to find the time to see it through.

Once again, wonderful job, Katie. You nailed it.
KiwiClare chapter 25 . 5/25/2012
I have loved this story you have a very real way of writing of

both House and Cuddy, I like your Cuddy far better than Shores Cuddy, both flawed but yours is more honest to me!
sandlinerica chapter 25 . 5/24/2012
sequel, sequel, sequel! I LOVED this story so much!
MissBates chapter 25 . 5/24/2012
This was a wonderful story. I appreciate the work you put into it. The ending worked for me; they're struggling, but not against each other anymore, but towards each other in baby steps. I liked that they are both prepared to take responsibility for what went wrong and that they are committed to their relationship despite the obvious difficulties involved. House's journey towards accepting his parental role to the point that he craves that role and Cuddy's rocky road to the realisation that she has to give up control have been quite a roller coaster ride, but I enjoyed every second of it. I'll be glad to read more in your 'verse.
savinglives44 chapter 25 . 5/21/2012
SEQUEL!

This is such as awesome fic. It's epic. House and Cuddy are spot on, the motivations are complex and real. LOVE IT.

And um, sequel please?
newsession chapter 25 . 5/21/2012
Hey!

I was thinking these day about your story.

Great last chapter (several fics had their last chapters these days...). I only expected the gun of mentioning her Pills to make some more obvious noise at the end. It doesn't matter though.

It was an wonderful journey and a real treat. I admire not only your style and your plot ideas, but your attitudes (beliefs) and your sensitivenes.

I very much hope that you will continue writing House. I value him and we love him and we trust him, don't we?

There are many other stories to tell about him, huh?
dmarchl chapter 25 . 5/21/2012
Thank you so much for a fantastic fic! I am truly sorry to see this one completed. It was a great ride. This was a truly long chapter that communicated so well the complexities of these two individuals. I still love your Rachel and her take on life and growing up with serious health concerns. She's spunky and I think it will benefit her in the future.