Reviews for In the Time of Grief
Anime Princess chapter 1 . 7/14/2017
Interesting bond they have then! I like it!
Vampire Reader chapter 1 . 3/13/2014
Nice. Also nice being back in Renault's world, mostly. I wonder how well Heph treated his wife. Of course, wives weren't lovers, they existed to give a man children. At best, the husband would be kind and make sure she had food and shelter.
Sian Blue chapter 1 . 4/28/2012
Adorable!:)
Tionsbabe chapter 1 . 2/19/2011
I really liked this portrayal of the Hephaestion/Bagoas relationship. So different from the usual Hephaestion as jealous, jilted lover route. As if. :-) Very refreshing! Thanks for sharing. :-)
Mistress of Nightmares chapter 1 . 11/7/2010
God, I love these two being friends. 3

The image of Hephaestion hoisting Bagoas up from the ground like that was too adorable. Loved it! :)
Laurensis chapter 1 . 2/28/2010
Hi Stony Knight...As I have mentioned to you i never was and most probably never be a Bagoas "fan". Having said that I nevertheless find your story very interesting. Certainly one could regard this as your usual Alexander/Hephaisition/Bagoas constellation. To my mind however it does more than that for contrary to the intial impression one gets, this is basically a Hephaistion story through and through, giving the reader an intimate glimpse into a facet of the man whom Alexander valued as his life as seen through Bagoas. Definitely a very novel point of view. A word though if you want to be exact in re-creating in your story there surely could be a better word to use as "demonic". The concept of demon (thus the adjective demonic came to fore with the emergence of christianity. In ancient Greece it was the Furies came closest to the (judeo-christian)demon. The Daimon (in ancient Greece from which the word demon was derived wasz actually defined as "supernatural beings between mortals and gods, such as inferior divinities and ghosts of dead heroes" (as per Plato's symposium).
Eternity Curse chapter 1 . 2/28/2010
It's not weird at all! It's a magnificent story, a whole new view of the relationship between Hephaestion and Bagoas. Personally, I despise Bagoas' personality and actions most of the time. However, in this story, I find myself not wishing him dead for the first time.

Thanks for sharing,

Lia
Black Vision chapter 1 . 2/28/2010
This story was great!

Bagoas and Hephaestion can be friend and, here, like brothers

It's a amazing POV! One more time, I liked how you wrote about Bagoas and Hephaestion!