Reviews for First Winter
SaradocCraver101 chapter 1 . 5/2/2011
I love it and poor Duck I feel bad for her. _
PenAndInkPrincess chapter 1 . 1/17/2011
Oh goodness, only Ahiru would really allow herself to be frozen when she's supposed to be on high alert for dogs. Good job!
LuckyLadybug chapter 1 . 3/16/2010
I love all the details in this piece. The images of the winter and the cold stand out very well, and when Ahiru gets stuck the reader is right there with her, stuck too, seeing and feeling through her. I love how you depict her getting free, and then having Fakir coming. The line about him always knowing was really sweet.
Tripleguess chapter 1 . 3/4/2010
A nice light read for after work. Thanks for sharing it!
BlueForestAngelCat chapter 1 . 3/2/2010
Good job! What a frightful experience for poor Ahiru! I think you did great on describing how she felt! :)
AlleluiaElizabeth chapter 1 . 3/2/2010
This was interesting. :) I didn't know that could happen to a duck.

I loved the accidental ice slide and the image of Fakir laughing while she had fun. :)

When Duck first woke up to being frozen in place, I laughed. Cus that's just so Duck. Ever the klutz. XD But yeah, then it quickly evolved from humorous to Not Good.

I was expecting Fakir to show up and actually help her out. I have a feeling it wouldn't be hard for a human to break her free. Of course, he'd have to get wet to get to her and you would have had to deal with that scenario, too. But you kind of satisfied it by saying he had maybe written her out of her mess. She was able to get out rather suddenly and inexplicably.

I liked this. :) Would have liked some kind of input from Fakir at the end maybe. Cus he would *definitely* call her a moron. lol Still, it was interesting. I think you captured exactly how Duck would have felt during that.
James Birdsong chapter 1 . 3/2/2010