Reviews for Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality
LordGraygem chapter 122 . 21h
I'm not generally a fan of HP fanfics, but this is a rare exception. Superb writing from start to finish, engaging, believable characters, a plot that was engrossing and kept me guessing about the motives of the cast to the very end, and even some very inventive references to other fiction (the unicorns in particular got a chuckle when I twigged to their origin).

I would love to see more fanfic from you, if you ever get the urge to write some.
The Anguished One chapter 12 . 22h
Oh, Harry heard something he wasn't meant to. Interesting. Will he try and act 'lighter' by ignoring or revealing the information to a teacher, or will be be 'darker' and seek the truth? Is it even evil to want to know the meaning? Also, Professor Quirrell's sudden personality change... that'll make things more interesting for Harry and his friends.
Newtinmpls chapter 62 . 11/26

I have no words to say how right he is.
Lena T. Rose chapter 100 . 11/26
There are parts of this story that are really good...and I guess that's what keeps me reading. The good tends to outweigh the mediocre...but still I don't think this is one of those must read stories as it was claimed when I started reading. It's not bad...but not fantastic.
The Anguished One chapter 11 . 11/25
I actually rather like the original version of chapter nine, the song was quite nice and would suit Fred and George. A lot the omakes are really funny, but for some reason the one where Fred "saves" Harry by making it seem like he was assigned to Gryffindor is kind of heartwarming. Harry seems to get along well enough with the Weasley twins in this version, so Fred trying to help him is quite nice.
Rincewind chapter 86 . 11/25
I love you so much for putting in a reference to Soul Music by Terry Pratchett: "A foreign-looking boy wizard who always introduced himself as ‘Adrian Turnipseed’, though his parents had actually named him Mad Drongo", that was beautiful, an inverse of the book he came from. I almost missed it, but when I scrambled through my book of Soul Music and found it, well, thank soooooo much, also i really enjoy your writing.
egreham chapter 99 . 11/25
There has to be a Wham trope for single-sentence chapter.
The Anguished One chapter 10 . 11/23
Harry's intelligence made the Sorting Hat gain sentience... that is awesome. Such an interesting conversation. No shock that Harry could be worse than any other Dark Lord though. Nice seeing the Sorting Hat actually have a sense of humor, including announcing he would be Slytherin. So he'll be in Ravenclaw. It suits him, that's for sure.
The Anguished One chapter 9 . 11/23
Hermione in Ravenclaw and Neville in Hufflepuff... I had questioned why Hermione had been placed in Gryffindor in canon. Ravenclaw suits her more, and she still could have been friends with Ron and Harry despite being in a different house. Draco is still in Slytherin, but he has a new perspective. I didn't think a single conversation would have caused him to be placed in another house, but even Harry acknowledges it could have happened.
KuramaNaruto chapter 5 . 11/23
Oh. I cracked up! I love this chapter! Great job. XD
Citrus Sinensis chapter 11 . 11/23
Hello? Hello-o?
Oh, there you are! I have something to say to you, it concerns this batch of omake. Here it is:

I scared my mum laughing at this at an annoyingly late hour of the night, while my sisters were asleep.
So I was forced to make a strategic retreat to my bedroom,where I collapsed laughing into my pillow and stayed like that with tears pouring down my face for about five minutes. THAT'S how good that was.

Did I mention that this fic is the best?
No? Ah,well. Must be over-exposure to hilariousness messing with me again.
Best fic EVAAAAH!

*slinks off to re-read the chapter and repeat the above and aforementioned effects of reading it before*
julia chapter 5 . 11/23
oh my god that bit with the flattery was HILARIOUS i couldn't breath i was laughing so hard. if the rest of the book is as good as this i will surly enjoy reading it! 10/10 so far
The Anguished One chapter 8 . 11/23
What a spectacular meeting between Harry and Hermione. Both are now aware of the other's skills. Hermione doesn't love Harry's style, but she does see its merits. Who knows, maybe they'll still be friends. As for Neville and this Gryffindor incident, I think the chances of Harry joining them just dropped to zero. For that matter, Neville has reason to not care for them and Hermione has doubts. Without all three of them, their generation will have a much weaker Gryffindor class.
Newtinmpls chapter 5 . 11/22
Omg you are a devilish genius. Cant write more now as I'm in a tub reading via kindle
The Anguished One chapter 7 . 11/22
This seems to be setting up a friendly rivalry between Draco and Harry, as oppose to enemies like in canon. Introducing him to the achievements of science was a brilliant scene, and this chapter had great humor overall. Thanks to the change in Harry though, I'm guessing him and Ron won't be friends. Can't say I'm surprised; Ron is by no means stupid, but his personality would probably annoy this version of Harry. Now I want Harry to meet Luna though... Interesting that Ron's "rat" is dead though. That'll certainly change some things.
31,000 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »