Reviews for Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality
Raptorbarn chapter 104 . 17h
I cannot convey how much this is my favorite thing. Like, oh, Harry was just sitting there in the middle of revolutionizing quidditch and then a secret note and evil sprout and crazy tonks and invisible malfoy and holy voldemort

I'm going to add Awolnation's "Run" to the list of things you can listen to while reading this. If you can time it so that the titular lyric syncs up with the legendary gun moment, the chills will be plentiful.
Gemma chapter 17 . 8/16
First of all, what the fuck. Second of all, I love this story and I can't wait to read more. I'm enthralled with every chapter. This is fantastic.
Avatar Whitelighter chapter 60 . 8/16
Now the real plot BEGINS. What a interesting fun ride to get here.
Spy Network chapter 50 . 8/15
Okay I seriously don't understand this. Harry is the main character ... so his name should be in the character listing.

But counting how much Hermione actually shows up ... or spoken about up to this point of the story ... she isn't a main character.

Draco and Professor Quirrell should have been a main character in the character listing with Harry. (I know this story was posted years before FFN allowed four names to be in the character listing).

So I don't understand Mr. Wrongs's thought process on the character listing.

Oh by the way I LOVE LOVE this version of Professor Quirrell ... and wished this was what we had in SS.
ThePurityofChaos chapter 122 . 8/15
To be totally honest, this should be required reading. If humanity could become even half what Harry is in intelligence and morality, the world would be so much better for it. There are few things that can have such a profound effect as this... masterpiece of a novel has, and at the moment I can think of none. This is truly a work of art.

-The Purity of Chaos
Avatar Whitelighter chapter 46 . 8/13
Three weeks in and still have no plans on stopping till the very last puncition.
Bumbledorf chapter 27 . 8/13
"You had to stay and fight."

God damn such a good way to end a chapter
KuramaTheSage chapter 122 . 8/12
This story is amazing. I just finished it and I can say that it is completely insane but lovely. Some would call how different it is from cannon as you hating the original HP but I only see improvements. This story was wonderful from beginning to end and has definitely changed me in significant ways that I am only thankful. If you wrote a story half as good as this one then it would be in my top 5 favorite stories of all time I am certain.

On the off chance that you are a new reader and are looking at the reviews to see if they are positive, then I can tell you that this story is amazing from beginning to end. I strongly encourage you to read it.
I wish there was more closure to the other characters.
Well, this has been a wild ride. I can't say I like the ending very much but it fits the story. Maybe it's because of Hermione? For some reason I don't like your Hermione. I wouldn't call her a Mary Sue because she does have flaws. Perhaps it is because she's way too nice compared to canon? For some reason, I can't wrap my head around a nice Hermione. I wish you could have focused more on Draco, though. I hope he and Harry can be friends again in the future.
Puddin' Pop and his Jacks chapter 41 . 8/12
I obviously meant fictional and not non fictional in my review in the previous chapter.
Bumbledorf chapter 8 . 8/12
Not quite fond of this chapter, the interaction between Hermoine and Potter felt forced. Loved the "Have some Knuts, boy!" line though lols
Bumbledorf chapter 5 . 8/12
Lol. So hilarious. Wish I can say more but I want to read more first
Bumbledorf chapter 1 . 8/12
This is so good. I'm a fan of the novel, at least I used to be until i grew up and all the magic of the H.P books was gone for me. Thank you for this, now I can enjoy the world of J.K Rowling again.
Puddin' Pop and his Jacks chapter 40 . 8/11
Sounds to me Lee; (I know you pretty much won't be reading my review or anyone elses at this point of time. But your story is still up on sight and the review button is still functional ... I have a feeling that other people do read reviews ... so I decided to leave my honest thoughts) ... so like I said ... it seems to me Lee; that you didn't care for J.K. Rowlings writings a children's magic non fictional story. After all the first three books of the series were 300 - 435 pages long. They were directed to children (as in ten and under) it wasn't until GOF that she realized that adults were reading the books; so she decided to write towards adults ... but keeping the original children whom have read the first three books totally in mind ... so her novels ... no I'll call them what they are ... tomes (734 - 870 pages).

You are basing your epic story in year one of Harry's Hogwarts years. That is SS (309 pages) ... but you are including ALL seven novels in your story. You are ripping apart EVERY single thing that Rowlings had written just to make rational sense of a universe that was originally intended on getting young children EXCITED about reading.

You have seriously destroyed Harry Potter. Rowlings wrote Harry as an ordinary boy ... she wrote Hermione as an ordinary and very smart girl. Year one ... Harry is eleven and Hermione is twelve. They are not early or mid twenties.

No matter how brillant Harry James Potter can be ... at eleven years old ... he shouldn't be treating the adults in his life as he is doing in this story of yours. (Even with a piece of Tom Riddle a.k.a. Lord Voldemort soul stuck in his forehead).

I have to wonder Lee ... if you are just a rationalist; or are you one of the people whom hated the Harry Potter series (even before it was published) due to the hint of witch craft.
33,492 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »