Reviews for Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality
Being a Scrub chapter 5 . 7h
Oh my God. I'm reading this at home at 11:22 and trying so hard not to die laughing. Holy Shit.
Guest chapter 1 . 14h
Sazgar
ebfiddler chapter 86 . 20h
So, there's a part of me wondering - the molecular biologist part of me, who worked in a lab that did this kind of work in 1992 - why Harry would not propose the rather obvious method of genetic testing to determine if Quirell and David Monroe are one and the same, or related. While the Human Genome Project had not been completed in 1992 ( and was rather being talked of than being done at that time ) and genetic testing was not in the widespread mainstream use it is today in solving cases where identity is of issue, the technology that made it possible was certainly around and in widespread use in biology labs. Even if genetic samples from David Monroe were not available, the genealogical record-keeping engaged in by the Magical Noble Houses to establish and maintain their claim of Nobility would surely give us a cousin or two to measure against. Even if genetic testing were not mentioned, blood and tissue typing existed and also would have been efficacious in disproving the identity. At least Harry ought to mention the possibility, even if it is only for Moody to shoot it down by saying that every last branch of that family tree has been wiped out, and no samples of any kind were preserved. Meanwhile, I wish to say thank you very, very, much for writing and posting this story. Rational Harry Potter makes extremely enjoyable and thought-provoking reading. I haven't had this much fun reading a work of fanfiction in years.
brokenstrings001 chapter 122 . 1/17
The MC is too talkative.
Paragraph blocks are 3/4th of every chapter/ most of it are insignificant
The plot was forgotten along the way until the very end.
Mary Sue
My inner code monkey is screaming at harry right now for not appreciating the scripting on that mokeskin pouch, but I can understand that no one can be well learned in EVERY science... that being said, I shall (tentatively) complament the real-life coding logic you've displayed so far... but if harry upgrades the bag later with any word synanamous with the word "effortless" I think I'll throw a fit
Croatian girl chapter 1 . 1/16
Hello! I'm writing this (my first ever) review and I would like to thank you for an amazing work! The moment I started reading, I was hooked! True, the characters are not absolutely the same as Rowlings, but that's the whole point of fanfiction in general. You took something childish and shaped it into philosophical questions about life and it's meaning! I can't imagine the amount of dedication and work you put into this, but for me, your work is on pair, if not even better than the original (and everyone who are against it can shove it). And I absolutely adore your Harry.
All in all, you blew my mind, you are awesome!
Nikolay chapter 89 . 1/16
Just to explain my view on 'user-select : none' for texts.
questions/83184/is-user-select-none-bad-ux

To add more details/comments to the above article.
I am a non-native english speaker and just want to copy a bit of text into google translate and verify my understanding of it. Or copy a word into a dictionary. Instead I need to switch to the inspect mode to copy - yes, I still can do it. It's just a bad user experience.
Nikolay chapter 89 . 1/16
In relation to user-select: none please read questions/83184/is-user-select-none-bad-ux
Aislynn Crowdaughter chapter 7 . 1/15
Hey, you took the LUGGAGE from Terry Prattchett into this story! Grat stuff! ;D
I like the way Harry escapes from having to explain to his parents what he did to Mc Gonnagal -it's fun. And Peter Pettigrew is dead? Poor Ron, but I agree that Scientiffic!Hary will probably go along better with Draco than with im.A great friendship in potential destroyed by Quidditch ignoranced. Oh dear...
I also liked Draco learning about Muggles having reached the moon. Nicely done!

I enjoy this immensely. Thank you for writing and sharing!
Aislynn Crowdaughter chapter 1 . 1/15
Hi, there! I just found this fic by recommendation and I am very glad I did; it starts welland promises to be a great read! Just one question: I found the mirror site but you don't seem to have it published at AO3? That would be great,because they allow for fics to be posted in e-book format, too.
Anyway, I love the different start from the orgiginal book and how Petunia managed to avoid falling for Vernon Dursley and got to marry Michael instead. Also the different kind of abuse (dismissal) is interesting. But the best is Mrs. Figgs here; her matter-of-factly interference is just perfect and nicely to the point. Great start! Thank you for writing and sharing!
Androniq chapter 7 . 1/14
I'd never make my way to Hogwards. I'd have missed that train, stuck forever at the barrier, experimenting. It can find out whether I _believe_ that I'll pass through it. This world contains things that can _read my mind_. This clearly needs more investigation. If one of my enemies can read my mind, I'm doomed. Whatever I can plan against him, he'll know it before I do it. He gets the entire power of my intelligence, leaving me with literally nothing. Maybe this thing can read only some kind of thoughts? Maybe there's a technique to prevent it from reading thoughts? Maybe I just have to think in a new manner, like, instead of imagining the future events, imagine myself imagining future events? And if I just leave the barrier behind and go to the train, I'll miss such an easy way to oppose such a dangerous enemy... (Well, the way is 'easy' here because missing an easy way is actually more pessimistic scenario than missing a hard one, so I guess I'm doing it right.)
Reaper8439979 chapter 58 . 1/13
How did you make me fall in love with Bellatrix?
skullcrusher1 chapter 93 . 1/13
stage one denial
skullcrusher1 chapter 87 . 1/13
i really really love this story but really really hate this hermione like really hate her shes annoying and childish and she may be eleven but ive met eleven year olds more mature she acts like shes 8 sometimes
skullcrusher1 chapter 87 . 1/13
god i hate this hermione
32,812 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »