Reviews for Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality
HeCallsMeHisChild chapter 31 . 6h
I just wanted to take a moment from reading to let you know that my fiance and I are in the process of reading this story out loud when we're on long drives or for an hour before we go to bed. He adores this fic. He gets more of the scientific references than I do but I understand enough to enjoy the story thoroughly as well (and get socked in the gut by the emotionally weighted moments. You don't pull punches, do you? Bravo.) When we get to the end I'll relay any comments from him (he doesn't have an account) and myself, but suffice it to say we both are loving this story and are looking forward to the rest of it. It was recommended to us by my fiance's friend who (paraphrasing the gist) considers this fic more canon than the canon. Can't say as I disagree with him.
Shob chapter 10 . 15h
OK, u even had me on the ropes here.
Shob chapter 5 . 22h
OK, this was hilarious
Chaan Aakash chapter 50 . 9/21
This fanfic is sciency enough to let me read it in class, thanks
Chaan Aakash chapter 10 . 9/19
Fuzbekabkansaudb
Chaan Aakash chapter 5 . 9/19
This is great
Chaan Aakash chapter 2 . 9/19
I’m rereading and this is just as good as I remember it
Del chapter 88 . 9/19
HAHA, YES

But also

oh my gah nooooooo what’s this sense of impending doom
Del chapter 87 . 9/19
Maybe I’m jumping the gun here, and future chapters will address this - but at the moment I feel confused. The confusion is due to the fact that Draco’s blood purist views etc are shown to be a product of his culture/upbringing, and that he should be given a chance/actively helped to change that mindset... but Ron Weasley (to pick a key example amongst others) isn’t given that chance. And I mean, it’s fair to say that even if Ron is given the opportunity to change he won’t (because he’s stubborn and unwilling to stretch beyond his biases), but in the narrative of this fic he isn’t given that chance. He’s just portrayed as a prejudiced butthead who’s not worth wasting words upon. And sure, his often-selective-hearing and unwillingness to think and reflect annoy me too - but I feel like there are double standards at work here! And he’s got redeeming qualities too! And I guess I just don’t like it when characters aren’t given a chance! :( Anyway yeah. I realise this is a completed fic (and that ultimately this is just that, a fic), but I wanted to get this off my chest eheh.

In other news, this is an incredibly absorbing story! I’ve been staying up several hours past my bedtime for 4 successive days! The mysteries and the plots are glorious, and I’m itching to get to the end so I can see if my guesses are correct (but also dreading it, because it’ll be the end *cry). Thank you! :D
Ravyn Moon 1313 chapter 24 . 9/18
Hmmmm... holy Godric the tragedy of light is the wizarding version of death note haha gosh I love this story hehe
Ravyn Moon 1313 chapter 11 . 9/18
oh my ... I'm out of breathe ... had my mom yelling at me to breathe cause I was laughing so hard ... oh my Godric just epic just so so epic hehe
Xenon chapter 122 . 9/17
Gosh is it embarrassing to accidently press submit.

Anyhow, I would like to thank you for proving that lessons of all sorts, whether life or scientifical or any such lesson, can be taught effectively in a story format. I'm sure it's safe to say that less than half of the information would have sunk in had it not been presented in such a manner. I feel more people should adopt this way.
Also, I thank you for the lessons in writing. I have learned much just from reading the story, and more from some of your posts.
I notice with sorrow that you have not posted that epilogue, but you did end it well. I feel satisfied. More so than I could have imagined at the beginning.
You did an excellent job on the characters. It seemed scarring at times, heartbreaking even, to see some of the happenings. Nonetheless I think it all helped me be a bit stronger. I now rationalize the benefits and disadvantages of feeling emotions about such things.
By the way, the bit on how you don't have to think about terrible things immediately after has really helped a small amount of my guilt. It's true, no matter how wrong it seems to some. And you can't fight the truth.
I would greatly love to hear your opinion on God. I must find out if and where you posted that.

Sincerely,
A much more rational person.
Xenon chapter 122 . 9/17
I am not sure if you still read these reviews, but I know someone will.
I would like to thank you, the author. I'm not one hundred percent sure of all the reasons I am thanking you, but I will mention some important ones
You taught me some of the most impressive life lessons I've seen. I always considered myself a creative thinker, but your work has shown me how far I have to go and some excellent ways to get there.
Secondly, I would like to thank you for
Lady Aquamarine chapter 34 . 9/17
I like this. except for when that dratted bushy-haired know-it-all won. -A Slytherin
AlenDarkStar chapter 60 . 9/14
Harry has a point, Quirrell too... is complicated.
34,356 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »