Reviews for Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality
Kurai Ummei chapter 101 . 4m ago
Complete, and utter, win.
JT chapter 63 . 11h ago
Oh my God I laughed out loud so many times at this chapter. Poor Dumbledore didn't get his food, Snape pouring acid on a dummy grave, and oh my f***ing god, I think I woke my neighbor up when I laughed at this:

Aftermath, Daphne Greengrass and Tracey Davis:

"You doing anything interesting today?" said Tracey.

"Nope," said Daphne.

I don't know who you are, but you're a genius. I've never been a fan fiction type person, but I've reread Harry Potter so many times.. it has a special spot in my heart, as my grandma used to send me the books as they came out and every time I'd read them straight through. However, after 5 or so read throughs, only counting those after the series had been completed, the story gets kind of... well, it's just not the same. There aren't new little details you missed, and many of the details you usually don't remember between read throughs stick.

This whole concept though, is freaking brilliant. I can't stop reading it. I've stayed up way too late the last few nights. You're going to destroy my final grades, and I don't even care.
Ibbonray chapter 14 . 14h ago
You are... absolutely... brilliant! (I apologize if I use that word much too often.) Your use of the Time Turner to pull the prank on Harry, as well as the entire basis behind Comed Tea, was simply ingenious. I can't help but love this and how thought out it is.
A Redheaded Devil chapter 24 . 4/16
Lol, someone's been reading Death Note...
ThoughtsFullOfStars chapter 21 . 4/16
I'm so glad I looked this up on FF! It was posted on HogwartsIsHere dot com up to chapter 20 and I thought it ended there. So glad it's not over
Valery chapter 23 . 4/16
I see the same problem as Dancing on the Edge in Jun 5, 2013.
If both parents have two magic-Yes gen, the child have to have two of them, too. And there couldn't be any squib-child in a two wizard family.
I suppose, that all this squib cases really was a result of adultery with a muggle or a squib. And the wizards never guess, because they know nothing about genetics and history says that it just happens.
And the writer don't say it explicitly because, you know, children read this book too.
LRH chapter 11 . 4/16
this is beautiful. just... i love it
makes me laugh, love the science bits, and an interesting take on the universe. am looking forward to reading the rest.
good work man
Ragez chapter 101 . 4/15
I must say, that this story has transcended the boundaries of what I could consider Fanfiction. This story has become among my highest ranked literary works in existence, higher than most published books that I've read. Every single chapter of this story takes me for an unpredictable whirl, with ups and downs and unexpected salvations from impossible situations that keep me at the edge of my chair.

Your Harry is among the most interesting characters I've ever imagined, an insight into the true genius which must run through your own head. Your Methods of Rationality have changed me and my way of thought, and I cannot thank you enough for that.

Thank you so, very much for writing this story. I look forward to seeing more of your literary magic in the future!
Ibbonray chapter 8 . 4/14
Honestly? This is brilliant. Utterly brilliant. Your scientific additions are genius and Harry's effect on those around him is utterly priceless. Fabulous story.
Just a note: Towards the end, when you say "History: A Hogwarts," do you mean "Hogwarts: A History?"
Ibbonray chapter 1 . 4/14
I was introduced to the concept of this story earlier today by a boy in my year... and have to say, I am overly impressed by the writing and plot of the first chapter. I will continue to enjoy this and give the occasional feedback.
Silvers45 chapter 2 . 4/14
It's brilliant! Why the hell didn't I check this out before? Great idea, really funny, wondering where this will go... Sorta reminds me of a young Sheldon Cooper from Big Bang Theory.
Lake House 4 chapter 4 . 4/14
I had a silly thought that never occurred to me while reading the books. How would a trunk or bag with an undetectable extension charm look going through airport security? Completely blank? Or would the wizarding world not count x-ray scanners as detecting and the contents would just go on and on?

I know the argument that comes next: why would anyone from the wizarding world fly in an airplane, but muggle-born children would probably fly (the muggle way) to London if they were coming from a great distance (ie International).
Wyrdienne chapter 101 . 4/13
Hi ! I'm sorry for spelling mistake but I'm french. I just wanted to say that your story is wonderful and very beautiful. She's funny and very good written. I wait continuation with impatience same if I can't read the original version.
Good continuation and... thank you and sorry again for spelling mistake.
Einwill chapter 79 . 4/13
As it was already mentioned in a review above, Harry do knew how to send a message backward in time for more than 6 hours. He's already done this once to avoid being pinpointed as the culprit of Black's escape, hasn't he?

So, clearly, Harry should send a message 12 hours back. 12 hour earlier he could, for example, install a cam in the Hall to record the duel. In order to avoid time-messing he could use Obliviate to forget about cam installation. Yet, he will easily find the cam while examining the Hall while searching for any clues or evidience of the duel.
ArcanePracti-cat chapter 20 . 4/13
Um.
Good writing, but I'm afraid I'm going to stop reading this. Harry is... I don't know how to describe it, but I don't like him.
Hnnnnn.