Reviews for Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality
TheDarkMan19 chapter 10 . 10/20
I tried. It's a very interesting theory, and the technical detail you put into the story is impressive, but your writing style just isn't appealing to me. Not a critique just a personal sensibility. impressive story either way sorry I'm unable to remain interested in it.
Sharkugan chapter 5 . 10/19
I love your story so much. Keep up the great work don't let the haters still u down, if u have any boy of course. Chapter 5 made me die of laughter
archaicrune chapter 17 . 10/19
I remember vividly in 2013 seeing a post on Tumblr or something for this fanfic that had a ton of notes along with a comment of "this fanfiction absolutely wrecks me every time," or something, and I went on believing that it was some sort of crazy psychological mindfuckery. Fast forward three more years and for some reason I'm just now getting into Harry Potter fanfiction (read: drarry,) and I've decided that after reading roughly 2.5 million words of mindless drarry relationship fics with no real plot, that I'm going to read COMPLETELY through this one, no matter how much nausea, sweating, and crying it brings me. You won't believe how many time I've just closed the tab on a fanfic because it's gotten too much. Anyway, at first this fic was just so brilliant and I loved it (it's a lot like a fanfic called The Spellmaker, which I loved but it was unfinished,) but I've just started to get halfway through the scene where Dumbledore calls Harry into his office drooling all over the Invisibility Cloak and my brain is really just fried. I've mostly been skimming because this fic just has so many words, and so much scientific theory that I don't understand, and too many things for my brain to comprehend. Right now I'm just laying here with an actual headache and lines of text embossed over my vision. But I don't know, there's something so strange about this fic, kind of like that the characters don't feel like actual people. Well. Harry's a little very much not... normal, and Draco's not really Draco in the way that everyone writes him first year (maybe without the rape thing, sometimes things in fanfics just really really weird me out for example an 11 year old making rape threats,) and I don't know. It just seems like a crack fic so far. And it's not just because of the length and the words! I've read fics like Turn and Drop Dead Gorgeous and I Give You a Wondrous Mirror and 2! .5! million! words! of! mind! numbing! drarry! fic! Have I mentioned that I've read 2.5 million words of drarry fic in the past month! And so it seems sort of stupid for me not to be able to take this one on. But it just gets so weird and tiring, and the whole "house divide" thing is just so potent here where all Slytherins are all really evil rapists, and Harry's just fucking crazy, and there's no really relationship development anywhere. I'm not just saying this because I'm a wild drarry shipper, I honestly can't imagine shipping this Draco and this Harry, but it's like I'm reading an entirely different story where really only the character's names are the same but everything else is entirely different. I don't know. Reading longer fics is such an emotional rollercoaster for me that one minute I'm quivering because the fic is so good and I can barely breathe, but the next I'm feeling all slimy and nauseous and asking myself where everything went wrong. I don't know. I was really really sick last night or it could just be those "crazy teenage emotional hormones" that everybody says is now the basis of my personality, but I don't know. I really just got out of bed at noon this morning after having a really wonderful drarry dream that I wanted to enjoy further in some nice fic, but somehow stumbled upon a buzzfeed rec post that reminded me of this and here we are. I don't know. Maybe I really am just a mindless drarry shipper. Anyway, your fic is good. I am not so good. Also not sure where you found the time to write literally 600k words of crazy scientific weird stuff. I will finish this after I've had some toast and water and also maybe a couple weeks off of school.
Kali-blue chapter 5 . 10/18
Too funny! Getting Draco to profess a desire to be in Griffyndor for the win. Kali
Me gusta. Mucho
ForgotmyLogin chapter 2 . 10/17
This was a funny chapter, think I'm going to enjoy this fanfiction a lot!

Also read Three Worlds Collide from the author and just now made the connection through TvTropes (although I apparently had this bookmarked already...funny thing).
vorpalraven chapter 49 . 10/16
Guy-In-The-Hoodie chapter 7 . 10/15
Dear lord I laughed so hard that I cried during this chapter. This fanfic isn't for people who aren't familiar with science, but goddamn is it a good read.
Flamboyant Turtle chapter 1 . 10/15
sequel pls
This is an amazing book, on the inside i am disagreeing with harry potter so hard but I can still see why he would be that way he is...and it's all immaturity. I can see you have purposely changed ea h character and their decision and other stuff . Including rules, including mcgonnal (the way she gave the time turner,her reasons were not the usual ones, disagreed she would have done that) including Draco and including dumbledore. They are not as presented as what their real character is and they have made decisions which the real them woudltn do. But I am hoping or rather believing you did it on purpose.

I do believe you have overestimated their so-called "awe" of a young man's intelligence and rather underestimated the measures ons goes through to teach discipline.

Honestly, I still live your fanfic and the friggin muffle reasons put in there -perfeeeeect
Im 3 chapters in and this is just beautiful. I dont really understand some of it, but you do an excellent job of explaining some of the harder concepts. Just wonderful. Im so excited to finally read this. Its been in my queue for like 3 months.
SirJaymie chapter 122 . 10/11
Truly amazing work of art. I thank you for this wonderful read.

It was a rollercoaster full of emotions.

Thank you.
MagicGirl11 chapter 4 . 10/11
THAT was the funniest thing ever!
Beautiful. Just, beautiful.
dojomojo chapter 4 . 10/11
"what would you do with what amounts to a tardis space?" store books is the best response
32,515 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »