Reviews for Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality
A great start chapter 1 . 7h
I am intrigued. The intro seems to be well written with proper grammar. I look forward to the rest!
Zethil1276 chapter 76 . 6/22
oh my god... Snape's first kiss?! I'm freaking out at midnight... I am more invested in these versions of the cast than the OG! keep doing what you are doing!
Vegard Beyer chapter 1 . 6/22
Disclaimer: I've read a lot of Eliezer's writings on LessWrong already, I'm therefore more likely to grant this series more mistakes and weaknesses than I normally would. I also read Aaron Swartz's glowing review on his own site, which got me here. I had no idea this existed before, or that Eliezer wrote fiction (apart from explanatory diologues) at all.
That said, Swartz had mentioned that the warning about the first five chapters was accurate and that one should basically just get through those, as they're nice but not as great. I don't see how this is bad, and nobody really meant that it's bad, but if this is just nice in comparison, I immensely look forward to the rest of this and have no trouble with it at all. I consider this (along with "Surely You're Joking, Mr. Feynman" and others) one of the pieces of writing I'd love to have my own hypothetical children grow up with.
Great.
the readette chapter 1 . 6/21
333
a homeslizzle chapter 122 . 6/20
wow. You are an exceptional writer. It is very rare for a story, Especially fanfic, to be so well thought-out, detailed, clever, and just brilliantly written. I can't even tell you how much I feel like I've grown as a writer just from reading the dialogue alone in this story, and the way you brought everything pretty much full-circle from first year and even a lot of characters and most plot devices from the entire series, and managed to wrap it all into Harry's first year in increasingly creative and inventive ways was exceptional. I feel improved for having read this. Thank you.
CACKLES LOUDLY
Zethil1276 chapter 10 . 6/18
oh sweet Lord! I love your ending! I haven't laughed so hard or so long from a book in years! I think my family thinks I'm a fool or that I'm more insane than they thought. thank you
#include "stddisclaimer.h"

Marry me. I haven't laughed this hard for years!
SparklesandSunshine chapter 25 . 6/17
This plot line is very creative. Whet did you get the idea?
P.S. I like 3's
P.P.S. I'm not actually sure if this will end up being the 33,333 comment but I'm trying anyway.
SparklesandSunshine chapter 24 . 6/17
This story is utterly insane. (I like it.)
Emily chapter 7 . 6/12
I saw something somewhere that argued you might as well have a team of seekers (although it might be worth while to have at least ONE defensive player)
Ambassador666 chapter 17 . 6/12
Oh it's been a long time since I've belly laughed.
EowynMalfoy chapter 122 . 6/11
This was exceptional. I LOVED it. And I thank you so much for writing it.
Ryoji Mochizuki chapter 122 . 6/10
Wow, just wow, amazing, simply amazing. I have no words
D f of QT chapter 3 . 6/10
I don't think anyone can follow from the vanguard
33,341 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »