Reviews for Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality
EpitomyofShyness chapter 10 . 11/9/2011
Oh god he made the hat conscious! Oh my god the ending... your killing me with laughter...
EpitomyofShyness chapter 9 . 11/9/2011
Damnit! I'm so desperate to read more that I keep clicking ahead and having to click back to vote! ARG!
EpitomyofShyness chapter 8 . 11/9/2011
Oh I love it! I can't stop reading!
mesilliac chapter 77 . 11/9/2011
I just want to say thanks for your story. I have enjoyed it very much.

I intend to give a proper critique at some point - there were some things that i particularly liked, and a few inconsistencies i noticed - but i would have to reread the entire work to do so. Perhaps some day i shall.

For now, as you have requested one review per chapter:

I particularly liked the portrayal of Snape in this chapter. I felt it was true to the original character, but also that you added something personal of yours to him. Well done.
EpitomyofShyness chapter 7 . 11/9/2011
HARRY IS LIKE SNAPE? Oh my god brilliant!
EpitomyofShyness chapter 6 . 11/9/2011
Just freaking awesome. I love it all. I can't pick a scene which I loved the most.
EpitomyofShyness chapter 5 . 11/9/2011
Dropping another one. Holy crap Draco and Harry that was awesome! Thank you thank you thank you.
EpitomyofShyness chapter 4 . 11/9/2011
Oh god this is funny incarnate! Thank you so much!
EpitomyofShyness chapter 3 . 11/9/2011
Oh poor Harry! I love the way you story tell, I already know these things but you still manage to make me choke up.
EpitomyofShyness chapter 2 . 11/9/2011
Lol! Oh god Harry is just the little genius isn't he? I love this you keep putting a smile on my face.
EpitomyofShyness chapter 1 . 11/9/2011
I've gotta say this is awesome. Wish I had something more constructive than that but oh god this is amazing. Thank you for writing this.
Daliabaila chapter 37 . 11/9/2011
Hi! I read your fic in french (and sorry for my english, which I don't speak very well) since quite a long time, but I've never let you a review before... And then, maybe two weeks ago, I finished the last chapter of the traduction of AdrienH and, this time, I needed to know what was going to happen then... That's why I started to - try to - read your story in english, and I realized I had never told you how nice this fiction is! Your style is really pleasant, your Harry learnt me lots of thing and, moreover, interested me in a lot of subjects, which is, I think, the best aspect of your story. Also, reading your story gave me back the will to write myself, in a moment where I was kind of discouraged, not really motivated, where I had no inspiration... I'd really like to develop more than that, but I don't know how to express how nice and funny the story and the charachters and the action and the rationality and everything are! I then wanted to thank you, thank you very much, and congratulations!
Ducks-Go-Aflack chapter 20 . 11/9/2011
Well, (insert swear word here). It's 3.41am ... I'm still awake ... and it's all your fault.

Oh! In case you were wondering- that's a good thing.

Ignoring your pros and mechanics, which are great, I am astounded by the ideas in your story. The thought and intelligence placed into this story is several standard deviations about what passes for average fanfiction plot.

But, also, I am torn. While I am glad many higher-level ideas are discussed and referenced by Harry and others... sometimes, this story seems more like a shopping list of theories and call-outs. Like quoting, sometime only referencing, a 'well-know' theory of philosophy, physiology, or (especially) epistemology. When you have Harry soliloquies for paragraphs, explaining some theory or another, this is fine. I see the explanation and can follow along. But when the theory is referenced, or becomes the topic of debate, without being explained, directly or by inference; this is less preferable.

Finally, just to make myself a hypocrite; I thoroughly enjoy the many LOTR references. Not so much the Tolkien references... those just seem a bit too meta... if such a thing could be said.
rascality chapter 5 . 11/9/2011
I just wanted to say that this chapter made me laugh until I cried. Must go read the rest now!
nljfs chapter 12 . 11/8/2011
Gosh... I love the Complete Enchanter... Harold Shea, oh that brings back memories & a desire to hunt through my bookshelves!
33,861 | « Prev Page 1 .. 1,243 1,250 1,251 1,252 1253 1,254 1,255 1,256 1,263 .. Last Next »