Reviews for Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality
Froggie chapter 71 . 4/6/2011
Lovely! Bravissimo! A chapter tight packed with hilarity, am happy.
Guile chapter 71 . 4/6/2011
Poor Draco.

If Harry's the Heir of Slytherin, it really would seem like a Harry Potter sort of thing to do for Slytherin's ghost to be hanging around.

And poor Snape, too, while I'm at it. He is so very sexy, it is a curse.
Dalxein chapter 63 . 4/6/2011
It's driving me a tad batty, trying to figure out who Harry's mysterious benefactor is. :(
Pentecost chapter 71 . 4/6/2011
Jumping (v.) to move or jerk suddenly, as from surprise or shock. Or as in to conclusions.
dragonblack chapter 71 . 4/6/2011
Good to see you updating again. Was afraid you got hit by a runaway cow or something.
simaetha chapter 70 . 4/6/2011
Oh, and a review that should be on the next chapter, because I just thought I'd add: I love the S.P.H.E.W. plotline. It makes me happy to read. :)
simaetha chapter 71 . 4/6/2011
I'm... not really surprised this chapter was less fun to write, because, well, nothing much actually happened. Lots of it was fun to read - the last section was definite lol - but while I'm sure things like the Daphne & Draco scene will have payoff later, there weren't any dramatic confrontations or real advances in the plot. Like, I'm dying to find out what's *going* to be the outcome of most of the scenes here, but they're not really moving the story forward much in the here and now.

...Or I could be completely wrong, of course - it was just a thought :)
KGB chapter 71 . 4/6/2011
Most random crack chapter in your whole story. Now I'm sure I'm better of not understanding the female ambition or even the female mind in general.
Paosheep chapter 71 . 4/6/2011
I like this arc. It's a lot of fun. _

Also: as far as closing lines go, this chapter's is certainly a doozy.
anon chapter 71 . 4/6/2011
Note to reviewers: Millicent Bulstrode is not actually a seer. Her fourth year sister Margaret Bulstrode has a time turner (see:Chapter 62) (though... given that Margaret is only mentioned in that chapter while Millicent is mentioned in many others as the source of gossip-before-she-could-have-possibly-heard-about-it, this is most likely a continuity error).
Remoara chapter 71 . 4/5/2011
I am so looking forward to buying your nonfiction rationality books! D

So MoR has already worked brilliantly in its aspect as pre-marketing for those.

I'm liking the bridging section just fine.

I'm always happy to see a new MoR chapter come out, but it's more important to me that you keep having fun with it. Just wanted to add my voice as one fan who's saying please feel free to relax a little and get to it whenever you get to it! Because I have faith that you WILL get to it soon enough, and it'll be awesome. ]
Christos chapter 71 . 4/5/2011
This is yet another fine chapter. I have one suggestion though:

How about a 'cast of characters' page? My short memory span and the long update intervals make it hard to remember who is who.
Turtle Kid the Woolgatherer chapter 71 . 4/5/2011
This may seem sad, but it took me reading the last part three times to understand what Felthorne thinks Snape is insinuating with Hermione.
Jenny chapter 71 . 4/5/2011
I can't agree with Ainscough. Jim Butcher wrote a great description of writing at .com, in which he describes the difficulty of writing what he refers to as the "great swampy middle." Beginnings and endings are generally more fun to write. Also, this has been a long project. The seasons change, life happens, and priorities shift. I certainly hope this story continues, but I'm not surprised if there are some big slow parts. I don't think the shift of perspective is the root cause. I think it is just that writing is hard.
Benman chapter 71 . 4/5/2011
Hooray, new chapter!

I'm ambivalent about the sudden prominence of SPHEW. It's an interesting subplot, but a lot of minor characters are getting a lot more focus all at once, and I've had a bit of trouble keeping track of who's who. This latest chapter seems like it's differentiating them a bit more, which is good.

I really like how Harry's stunt with Padma is coming back to haunt him, no pun intended. The worst part about being a good liar is that people take your lies seriously.

Very excited about whatever Snape's up to. Every time he's showed up so far has been excellent.
30,714 | « Prev Page 1 .. 1,245 1,252 1,253 1,254 1255 1,256 1,257 1,258 1,265 .. Last Next »