Reviews for Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality
Slayer End chapter 69 . 1/28/2011
One of the best I've ever read. 10,900... OUT! I'll be back for 11,000!

Forever Signed in Blood,

Slayer End
ghost chapter 64 . 1/28/2011
It's liek reading the funnies in the papr, but better!
D Laughing Man D chapter 63 . 1/28/2011
And so the plot thickens...!
kjyu chapter 62 . 1/28/2011
Yoo R GRATE!
hhg chapter 61 . 1/28/2011
Nice!
linkhyrule5 chapter 69 . 1/28/2011
SPHEW?

... Some things never change. :p
braindoll chapter 69 . 1/28/2011
This chapter did make me happy. Not much more to say.

I am a little disappointed in Minerva. Five full seconds? Count them out - that's an eternity as a conversational pause.

Also, why did Hermione not get to see the phoenix? She's perfectly deserving. At least let its call give her new wind as she is out of breath.

Finally... Quirrel is going to have to do some fast thinking, because I suspect Draco has levelled-up as well, and as things stand, Chaos minus eight has a good chance of getting its ass kicked, which could make Quirrel look bad if it is too obvious. Or of course other events could intervene and make everyone forget to care about the battles. Also, if Quirrel was trying to isolate Harry from Hermione, his plan has seriously backfired, which is nice to see.

Pretty amazing that the big kid can cast 5 spells, including at least 3 higher-level ones, in the time it takes Hermione to recover from 2 simple ones. Magical muscles are obviously on an exponential scale, which is nice and heroically appropriate, but which doesn't really jibe with normal muscles. I, a decent amateur, can (with effort) run over half as fast as a professional at pretty much any distance. Exponentials are scary - the danger of overpowered magic, even simple stuff, is very real. Imagine, for instance, somebody free transforming a beautiful castle, with trees and gardens - and then ending up killing everything, down to the soil bacteria, within a large radius, leaving a blighted "dark fortress". This is a decent analogy to your ideas about exponentially-scaled intelligence, with human IQ comparability as just an artifact of genetics.

Also, just because nobody blabs it out in the reviews, doesn't mean that nobody gets a hint. I'm not claiming I've gotten anything like all the hints, but I have gotten a couple which aren't in reviews, and if everyone else is like me, that would be a lot of tacitly-gotten hints.
VA23 chapter 69 . 1/28/2011
Wonderful chapter as always. Good to see "Heroine Hermione" coming to realize her potential...but the poor girl can never get away from SPHEW no matter how hard she tries.
Zargon chapter 69 . 1/28/2011
I generally prefer the cunning plot chapters to the character development chapters, though without character development, the story would obviously fall flat. (Which isn't to say I dislike the character development chapters, it's just that I like the cunning plots much more because one hardly ever sees them in stories)

That said, I really like the way this set of chapters came together. I wasn't sure what Hermione was going to do in this story, and I still don't, but I like the direction she's headed.
DualX chapter 69 . 1/28/2011
Im not sure if your version of the HP universe makes the universe dumber or smarter... Either way completly insane.
yellulhchicken chapter 69 . 1/28/2011
Win and Awesome. Did I ever tell you that your fic is made of Win and Awesome? If I didn't then now I am.
Raineh Daze chapter 69 . 1/28/2011
Nice chapter number.

I don't think heroing works by committee or bizarre recruitment but being wrong about odd topics before.

Here's to hoping there's no dangerous magic-boosting potions floating around. They'd inevitably end up in Harry's hands.
voider chapter 69 . 1/28/2011

Feminists.
Alicia chapter 69 . 1/28/2011
SPHEW

I SEE WHAT YOU DID THAR
29,687 | « Prev Page 1 .. 1,245 1,252 1,253 1,254 1255 1,256 1,257 1,258 1,265 .. Last Next »