Reviews for Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality
perlhaqr chapter 5 . 5/4/2011
Dear god. Only Chapter 4, and the bit with Harry, Draco, Lucius and Minerva had me laughing so hard I nearly blew a gasket, and couldn't breathe. I'm not sure I'll *survive* the rest of this. I love it.
Allison chapter 71 . 5/4/2011
Hello, Mr. Yudkowsky, my name is Allison.

I want to thank you for this story, you see because it's had a deeper impact on me than one might think. I've recently been interested in philosophy, and have been reading up on that.

I followed the link on your profile page to , and that website is ever so interesting. I mean, I feel like it's a place where supergeniuses hang out. I can't understand some of the fancy words that are used in some of the articles on that website, but the parts I do understand... I learn a lot from it.

For example, in the past two weeks I've been studying things from your website and Google, I've learned about: The Bystander Effect, The Prisoner Dilemma, Scope Insensitivity, the Euthyphro Dilemma... and tons of fallacies; ad hominem, strawman.. But I feel like there's so much to learn.

If you have time, it's perfectly alright if you don't, and I'll understand, would you consider sending me an email about various resources I could use to discover more about philosophy and "the art of human rationality"? I try to use , but some of the terms they use to describe things are rather confusing.

I'm doing a research paper for my class about an average high school student who takes a philosophy class and uses it in their everyday life. I'm kind of doing what you did for Harry Potter, but of course it won't be half as good as yours.

Anyway, if you have time:

If not, I'll understand, and thanks again! :)
Lexyann chapter 15 . 5/4/2011
Ha ha ha ! That's actually one of the best fanfic I ever read. And I'm so glad to have discovered it. But some questions eventually popped in my mind, like...

Errr what really happened to Peter Pettigrew? Didn't he went to live at the Weasleys? If so, How Sirius Black will prove that he's innocent?

And... why talking about Deathly Hallows THAT early?

Well I still really enjoy your story and I'll continue my reading... later. But now, I need to study. A little bit. At least.
MajinBakaHentai chapter 11 . 5/4/2011
Atreides? I R Amused, extra so because, in a temporary absence of my computer (I was replacing it) I bought a copy of Dune Messiah to help cope with the lack of fanfic.
RadicalTurnip chapter 71 . 5/3/2011
A great fic. A bit on the Ender's Game side of "Hero is a Giant among men", but, hey, Ender's Game was one of my favorite books. This fic actually got me *into* Harry Potter fanfic, so thank you for that.
Vindeen chapter 5 . 5/3/2011
Hahaha XD

Thank you! For making me laugh x)

I'm on chapter 5 now, any my cat is looking at me like I'm crazy. Can't wait to see what more this story has in store..
iphis15 chapter 24 . 5/3/2011
Manic laughter was laughed at the Death Note spinoff.

You absolutely sure this isn't going to be HPDM mpreg? The way the subtext's going...

JC chapter 71 . 5/2/2011
I have fallen in love with this fanfic. I have read it, re-read it, waited with bated breath for new chapters, and then read it again. Less Wrong- don't run out of steam, please! I can see it in your writing, you've written as much in your author's notes. I'm sure that "do it for yours readers" isn't the right thing to say- but please, do it for those of us who love to hear Harry and the other characters think. Because I love to read their logic. Love it.

Also- what is the name of the community that has the HP fanfics with the largest amount of reviews again? I can't find it!
e0in chapter 71 . 5/2/2011
Will harry learn the lucis Gladius? Hes the head of house potter, isn't he?
iphis15 chapter 20 . 5/2/2011
"I subscribe to a Muggle bulletin which keeps me informed of progress on space travel. I didn't hear about Pioneer 10 until they reported its launch. But when I discovered that Pioneer 11 would also be leaving the Solar System forever," Professor Quirrell said, his grin the widest that Harry had yet seen from him, "I snuck into NASA, I did, and I cast a lovely little spell on that lovely golden plaque which will make it last a lot longer than it otherwise would."

I don't cry easily. I really don't cry easily.

In fact, I cry even less than I laugh. Which is precious little.

Which makes the fact that that little revelation there made me laugh to the point of tears somewhat peculiar.

HPFan chapter 1 . 5/2/2011
I m a great HP fan...! Having some sort of new experience with him is fabulous! Wonderful work...
anon chapter 39 . 5/2/2011
Sable Katze: The writer himself was an orthodox Jew. If Harry has made a mistake about this than that is due to Harry's lack of knowledge, not the author's.

Leading theory regarding Quirrel&Harry is some form of mind manipulation on Quirrel's part to make Harry ignore the Doom.
iphis15 chapter 17 . 5/2/2011
"Oh, the little fiddly things?" said Dumbledore. "They came with the Headmaster's office and I have absolutely no idea what most of them do. Although this dial with the eight hands counts the number of, let's call them sneezes, by left-handed witches within the borders of France, you would not believe how much work it took to nail that down. And this one with the golden wibblers is my own invention and Minerva is never, ever going to figure out what it's doing."

I absolutely adored that.

iphis15 chapter 13 . 5/2/2011
Of all the inane and useless things I could say, I figured that this would have the highest chance of being vaguely amusing. Bonus points for being true.

I just lost The Game.

Rob chapter 71 . 5/1/2011
This story is in the 99.9th percentile. If it updated more, it would be in the 99.999th.
30,997 | « Prev Page 1 .. 1,245 1,252 1,253 1,254 1255 1,256 1,257 1,258 1,265 .. Last Next »