Reviews for Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality
HerrSchmidt chapter 70 . 2/22/2011
"Dumbledore put a finger to his lips and twiddled them, making a bweeble-bweeble-bweeble sound."

It frightens me that I can see this.
Sheaman chapter 70 . 2/22/2011
I've very glad to see this new chapter, even though-or perhaps especially because-someone made a post in complaint of the gap between chapters in LW. I understand that this works better for you, and so you should do it, but it is rather more frustrating for us.

In case you are curious, I do not hate dialogue-heavy chapters, particularly in moderation.

Also, the end of this chapter opens up some interesting possibilities for the next chapter...
Maimakterion chapter 70 . 2/22/2011
Every time you mention chaos legion i have to think of harry being a representative of the ruinous powers...

~ja ne
KEVIN chapter 70 . 2/22/2011
Awesome chapter. I love Hermione realizing that Harry's mysterious old wizard is actually Quirrel.
Allison Short 'n Sweet chapter 2 . 2/22/2011
Jolly good show.
fsdfasefe chapter 70 . 2/22/2011
Too funny!
Allison chapter 1 . 2/22/2011
My apologies for not logging in, but I'm feeling rather lazy at the moment, that and it's difficult to type on an iPod. Your first chapter was brilliant. It made me grin at the cleverness of the whole descending into madness with style bit, and laugh maniacally at the last scene. I look forward to a many future chapters.
Sorrowful Stone chapter 64 . 2/22/2011
Like the LOTR and the Matrix.

"The machines tell elegant lies."

:P
AnFan-n-More chapter 6 . 2/22/2011
I am very happy I chose to reread this story. The first few chapters are hilarious!

Loved, simply loved the meeting with Draco.

Just wanted to make some comments as I read the chapter, so there may be something I mention that was answered later in the same chapter. I'll try to go back over this to keep the number small.

One thing I noticed was that in the education portion at the top, there was no mention that and educational institution was "new" and that the original form of education was to form apprenticeships and guilds (in the form of family magics). If I remember you do address it somewhat later. You also haven't mentioned that magic may be more like an art form, in that you are trying to interact with magic in a performance fashion. Not to say that magic is sentient, but that the forms may be irrelevant of meaning yet convey much more than the actual words or motions suggest. Precision may be irrelevant in the true art of magic, but critical in trying to match an artist who creates. An overall performance may be more effective with less precision at points, than a collection of good precise pieces pieced together. Depends on how Gestalt is comparative to piecemeal precision... Okay I get a feeling of deja vu. Not sure why. Hope my comments are interesting to you.
AspergianStoryteller chapter 70 . 2/22/2011
Oh dear. I have a foreboding feeling. If only I was in NY.
NougatEvolution chapter 70 . 2/22/2011
Oh, god, Quirell was so very in character in this one.

I love the girls, deciding they're invulnerable since they have the same number of members from each house. I wonder where this is going...
riayi chapter 64 . 2/22/2011
The matrix omake is the best ever! hahahahahaa

Only possible way matrix could ever work!

Though all of them are pretty good, really.
JoshuaZ chapter 70 . 2/22/2011
This chapter was very good. A few minor issues: It is funny to have passing references to characters from non-HP works of fantasy as if the characters exist in the universe. That doesn't work as well and is very jarring when the character is someone who is from scifi that is set hundreds of years later (although I'm now wondering what Brothers in Arms would have been like if Miles or his clone had also had a time-turner. Heck, Miles with a time-turner is by itself a frightening idea.)
bissek chapter 70 . 2/22/2011
Miles Naismith? Is the little Admiral going to show up at some point? Or his alter-ego, the Auditor?
ilikebluepineapples chapter 70 . 2/22/2011
"Some do," Professor Quirrell said equably, as though discussing the weather. "Although personally, I don't."

Lol. Personally I'm not a rapist. Just so you know!

But yeah, I appreciate you working Merope's "love" potion into this, because I've always thought that the "hello, /date rape/" aspect of it is ignored by... well, everyone. Partly because date rape doesn't feel like "real" rape, the leaping out from bushes kind, and partly because Merope was a tragic female figure.

Tracey is a very interesting character and I'd like to see what becomes of her. Daphne and the Padma continue to be two of my favorites. I hope this storyline becomes the catalyst for the next big blowup, or, failing that, I at least hope that some of the girls will move into H&H's inner circle.

Moar Draco please, and thank you for the Cimorene reference- she was a childhood favorite of mine, and I'm surprised that you know her.
30,084 | « Prev Page 1 .. 1,245 1,252 1,253 1,254 1255 1,256 1,257 1,258 1,265 .. Last Next »