Reviews for Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality
deitarionSSokolow chapter 77 . 9/6/2011
The conversation on the true meaning of the prophecy is so beautifully long-overdue and reminds me that, for a story like this, any kind of vanquishing of Quirrelmort would be a disappointment, so one must look to subvert the meaning of another word in the prophecy... like having the power to do so, but not using it.

It finally clicks. I now await Quirrelmort's development as a character just as much as Harry's and Draco's and Snape begins to truly gain my interest.

For Harry, I've been awaiting and loving new developments since the veiled meaning of Harry's Patronus compounded what was already being said about his character and view on things but, on some level, I think I've been hoping for something like this to happen to Quirrelmort, since, even with Harry and Draco being fascinating, Harry feels like he's on a completely different level as a character... a level which Quirrelmort has been foreshadowed to be on since the protections on his Horcruxes were hinted at and space showed that his thoughts weren't as small and blind as canon Voldemort's.
JoshuaZ chapter 77 . 9/6/2011
Oh wow. Just wow.

So Snape really was struck by Harry's observation and does seem to be acting for himself now and no one else. But what he intends to accomplish is absolutely unclear.

And the possibility that Voldemort and Harry being in the same world will result in its destruction is really disturbing.

We already have reason to think that this fic may end badly. The primary point of departure was how Lilly treated Petunia. But according to Petunia, one of the reasons Lilly didn't want to give Petunia the potion was that a centaur told her something bad might happen. Later we find out from Hermione that some people say that centaurs are afraid of Harry. In canon the centaurs are some of the most trustworthy of prophets.

This seems to all point towards the centaurs being worried that Harry v. Voldemort could destroy the world. This is bad.

On the edge of my seat waiting for the next update.
Pentecost chapter 77 . 9/6/2011
That girl is kinda creepy.
Count Napula chapter 77 . 9/6/2011
That was beautiful.
matt chapter 77 . 9/6/2011
I just have to say, those last few paragraphs were beautifully done.
randomsample chapter 77 . 9/6/2011
It would be terrifying to suddenly and knowingly loose memories like that.
DarkRavie chapter 77 . 9/6/2011
Euphemism chapter 77 . 9/6/2011
Huh. I'd thought that Snape's intentions were to help Hermione, but I still don't see why he threatened her, assigned detentions, and took off points... Unless he's Xanatos enough to know that Harry would be able to reverse all that and did it mostly to shield Hermione from the fallout. That's possible too, I guess.

And assuming the change to 76 is in the last scene (I do recall interpreting it as Hermione turns around and sees a second figure - the lady), my reaction is the same.

...

THAT'S EVEN MORE SUSPICIOUS!
Last Knight Errant chapter 77 . 9/6/2011
Damn. Just... damn.

Keep it up, the last couple of chapters have been popping.
sanity is my piano chapter 76 . 9/6/2011
i like how the time of the meeting with snape and quirell correlates with original book but i think that this story's pace is too fast this is at least as long as the first 3 or 4 books in Harry's first year, it is really just too fast
Furcas chapter 76 . 9/6/2011
Well, I have to say I'm really, really glad this arc is over. I mean, sure, it was vastly better than 99% of fanfiction I've ever read (and a lot of 'normal' fiction), and Hermione finally becoming a full PC is the perfect ending. However this arc and the Azkaban both feel irrelevant compared to the rest of HPMOR. What really matters, and what really interests me, is Harry figuring out what the hell magic is, how to control it, and taking over the universe.
Moriwen1 chapter 76 . 9/6/2011
This fic is so amazing! I just realized I've been reading for ages (well, weeks) and haven't reviewed yet. Anyway, truly a work of art. One of, possibly the best, works of fanfiction I've ever read. I hope you carry this out to its logical conclusions.
MariusDarkwolf chapter 77 . 9/6/2011
I have to say this is a first. You've actually made me pity a Snape that is nearly canon in attitude
Weave the Magic chapter 5 . 9/6/2011
Oh my god! I almost died for forgetting to breathe. I cant stop laughing. Bravo!
Weave the Magic chapter 4 . 9/6/2011
Bwahahaha! Poor original HP, he could have done a lot more had his growing-up not been stunted by the Dursleys. Harry would have been able to get all his money out of the bank with Hagrid than tough Prof. McGonagall.

Noticed that you used the term Muggle right away without the term being explained to Harry (I think). But what the heck, we all know what it means anyway.
33,228 | « Prev Page 1 .. 1,247 1,254 1,255 1,256 1257 1,258 1,259 1,260 1,267 .. Last Next »