Reviews for Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality
HOLY FREAKEN CRAP!

That was HILARIOUS!

Good job!
dbwlslvnf chapter 42 . 8/7/2011
Sorry, what was that? Sirius and Peter Pettigrew were LOVERS?
Hayzer chapter 72 . 8/7/2011
This is awesome, never reviewed this before but I have read to this chapter so I figured I would. Where are the new chapters though? Don't leave us hanging!
narutopsykoz chapter 72 . 8/7/2011
I read 72 chapters in 2 days ... totally love it ! Not too happy with the Hermionex harry pairing as I think he should just use people based on his character and not have friends/love interests...but you probably did that for popularity and i understand that.
INTJ chapter 72 . 8/7/2011
Wonderful work! I read it in two days, and then re-read it again.

I have seldom felt so much in touch with the main character. I was hard pressed to find something to suggest doing differently. But as you said, an author must encompass all the characters in his play, and I feel that we see a bit too many rationalists, who see the world the way I (and I suppose you) see it. I would expect to find characters who observe and connect to the world in fundamentally different ways than us. So if you are not familiar with the theory already, I recommend reading up on the theory behind Myers-Briggs-Type-Indicator (for instance reading "Please understand me 2"), or you could read Carl Jung's original work (which is a lot harder to get to).

Regards,

INTJ
Neen chapter 39 . 8/7/2011
No-one seems to have noticed this, so I'll mention it... I thought the author made a mistake he shouldn't have. To be exact, it was on titanium. Fiction oh so loves to make it some unbreakable material, stronger than anything, etc, etc. It's main property in reality is being *nearly* as strong as steel while being half as heavy. So, a quick search, and the second most important property was reminded to me... Resistance to corrosion.

Which leads to the conclusion: you magnificent bastard, you managed to force me into reading the wikipedia article on titanium - by NOT making any mistakes!

Not commenting on the dialogue, opinions thrown around, etc, because I managed to find the author's notes archive. The characters say what they say in this form to stay, well, consistent as characters. And there was hardly any way to avoid it.

If you want my opinion on the subject... well, note that any cures might be imperfect, or problems might not be solved, or... To be frank, I'm probably just as scared of immortality as I am of death; in both, there are too many unknowns to feel safe, at least for now. And if you force the first on people, it'll be a bit like being aliens in crystal ships, coming to remove the pain from the young species, saying that they should at least agree to not torture their children, while being capable of *forcing* their opinions with extreme prejudice and large amounts of rayguns.

At some point, they'll have to look around and notice all the fresh graves between your first promise and it happening.
anon chapter 72 . 8/7/2011
Anonymous: Actually it has 13,671 reviews.

So roughly 300 more than this story.
moshe chapter 72 . 8/7/2011
Is this story not being written anymore?

That would be a shame...
Anonymous chapter 1 . 8/7/2011
Just wanted to let you know, this Fanfic may be the most reviewed on , but not on the whole internet.

Amynoelle and Heaven's Last Dance, found on has 2,205,632 reviews. Maybe you want to update that summary then... Just informing you! :)
librarywitch chapter 4 . 8/6/2011
I don't usually stop and review when I find a new story but I just had to. I love your Harry, he is like Eoin Colfer's Artemis Fowl without the criminal mastermind or Butler. Awesome job. The story flows great, just a bit of a tendancy to get bogged down in science. But if Micheal Crichton can do so can you! Looking forward to more of this tale. Thanks for sharing.
vampireweekday chapter 18 . 8/6/2011
I love how whenever Harry's emerging evilness begins to freak me out he does feel a teeny tiny bit of regret haha ]
vampireweekday chapter 18 . 8/6/2011
hedelex chapter 72 . 8/6/2011
By now I own you about 69 reviews. I'm just not very good at reviewing work that is so awesome :-p Thank you for writing more and more chapters! May you reach 20,000 reviews. Well deserved!
theInsaneArtist chapter 27 . 8/6/2011
...

...

This is my favorite chapter so far. T-T
Guest chapter 24 . 8/6/2011
I have another idea: What if having magic has little to nothing to do with genetics and is instead based on environmental factors?

For instance, the child, during some part of it's development, is exposed to something that enables it to perform magic. Or exposure to this 'magic field' along with certain genes causes them to grow to be able to perform magic. If the child isn't exposed to this magic 'something' in a certain time frame of it's development, or is not exposed enough, it simply can't perform magic later in life. I can also think of possible evidence to back this up, though without tests it's simple conjecture.

heehee This is fun! :D
32,242 | « Prev Page 1 .. 1,250 1,257 1,258 1,259 1260 1,261 1,262 1,263 1,270 .. Last Next »