Reviews for Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality
Dimensionist chapter 75 . 9/1/2011
'"Oh," said the third-year girl, "I was thinking of that really romantic one where there's this very nice, sweet boy who makes a Floo call, only he mispronounces his destination and stumbles out into this room full of Dark Wizards who are performing a forbidden ritual that should've stayed forever lost to time, and they're sacrificing seven victims in order to unseal this ancient horror which is supposed to grant someone a wish if it's freed, so of course the boy's presence interrupts the ritual, and as the horror is eating all the Dark Wizards and everyone is dying the boy's last thought is that he wishes he could've had a girlfriend, and the next thing you know the boy is lying in the lap of this beautiful woman whose eyes are burning with a dreadful light, only she doesn't understand anything about being human so the boy always has to stop her eating people. This is just like that play, only you're the boy and Harry Potter is the girl!"'

Ah, an 'Ow! My Sanity' reference. I didn't think it was popular enough to get one. Nice to read.

Good story, and fairly unique - though you probably know all that by now.

Hope to see more of it soon.
Other chapter 75 . 9/1/2011
Anino

Google before you "correct".

wiki/Common_Era
mmmm chapter 75 . 9/1/2011
An amazing ending to this great storyline. Can't wait to see more of Hermione as a hero in her own right.
Spidey-phd chapter 75 . 9/1/2011
Are you really just one author or is this story a dream team effort?
Prof. H.J Potter chapter 75 . 9/1/2011
Some reviews are bad critique. Some reviews are good critique.

Some others, like this, are just written applause, a grand standing ovation for such a stunning piece of art.

Carry on, update, and carry on.
Drix chapter 75 . 9/1/2011
WOW! That was a powerful chapter. Although I love the clarification on Hermione, the end of the chapter leads to more questions about where she's going to end up going then it answers. And the fact the it was Prof. Quirrell that stood up for her is Scary in its own right, especially since he's made it a point to Harry that he has little regard for her, or Harry's opinion on his behavior towards her...maybe he just doesn't like Snape.

On another note, and I am very sure that you have seen this plenty of times in reviews, but I wanted to take a moment to truly thank you for the many updates you've made this week, as well as all those who donated to make it possible. Truly, thank you.
Vercingetorix1234 chapter 75 . 9/1/2011
I loved the Ow, My Sanity! reference. I'm guessing you found it on tvtropes. I'm looking forward to future chapters!
tyrannosaurus-hex chapter 75 . 9/1/2011
Is this where Hermione has finally wised up?

Also, more Draco!
Daniel chapter 75 . 9/1/2011
Yeah... I just want to kill Snape or something... And I just thought: Since the curse was placed in the DADA position by Voldemort, he won't be gone automatically by the end of the year! Having "Quirrel" as a recurring professor is goig to be awesome!
uo-chou chapter 75 . 9/1/2011
Snape is a greasy fucwad. I don't see why Dumbledore does what he does, he must be insane. Wizards are cowards. Keep up the good work!
T.M. August chapter 75 . 9/1/2011
Regardless of what the Author's Notes say, I felt this chapter was every bit as good as #74 (which was very good indeed!), and an excellent closeout to the Self Actualization arc.

I love the character development here, and the Latin quote at the end of the chapter is an excellent touch. Can't wait to see where the story goes from here.
Squeamish Ossifrage chapter 75 . 9/1/2011
Congratulations on your FTW.

Thanks.
TheOneButcher chapter 74 . 9/1/2011
You know, Harry should make himself look absolutely awful, show Milicent his time turner and say:

"Dementors! They abandon Askaban and try to break through the wards of Hogwarts by the dozen. They come in revenge for the Dementors I sacrificed for Tracy's ritual. You make a "prediction" in front of the whole school so the Professors and my past self can prepare for the next six hours. I", he pointed at himself now "will go design a ritual to call forth something which makes a light brighter than the sun, fueled by the attacking Dementors. Whatever it was it listened to my future self and looked vaguely human shaped, so probably a Light Golem or something. I think I read something about Light Golems in the Chamber of Secrets... Well, I'm off." runs away, cleans up and enters the Great Hall as if nothing happened.

Lets see how the belief of a School-full of terrified children affects our little shadows...
Essex chapter 75 . 9/1/2011
Very well written chapter. I also liked the oblique reference to the Ow, My Sanity webcomic.
Ron chapter 75 . 9/1/2011
after the end of the chapter:

Harry [after explaining how this is about him/what the wider school/society needs to know and so doesn't need to ask Hermione, or asks Hermione and explains and she says yes] rises and approaches the head table / headmaster and says (as the mumblings die down to absolute quiet so all can hear him):

"Headmaster, while I usually try to stay as far away as possible from all the boy-who-lived crap, I do feel a certain responsibility to the public. For example, I do feel that it would be inappropriate for the boy-who-lived to attend school somewhere filled with Dark Wizards and Witches. And since it's just been demonstrated that the great, great majority of the staff of this school are Dark and/or cowards, I feel I have no choice but to continue my education elsewhere - at a more light-oriented school. Please prepare a copy of my student file for schools that may request it when I apply to them. Good-bye."

[Maybe some back and forth about why they're not Dark with Harry throwing it in their faces about doing what's easy instead of right / protecting bullies instead of the innocent / wanting/allowing/etc. bullies to win / actions are what counts / etc.]

"But Harry, you cannot leave."

"Watch me."

"I won't allow it."

"So you'll further prove that you're Dark by imprisoning me against my will, by turning the school into a prison."

"Your guardians have not given you permission to leave."

"I assure you once they find out about your views they will, unless you again demonstrate your Darkness by using an unforgivable curse on them."

... [where it goes from there depends upon where the rest of the story is going to go]

Thx for the story!
32,989 | « Prev Page 1 .. 1,251 1,258 1,259 1,260 1261 1,262 1,263 1,264 1,271 .. Last Next »