Reviews for Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality
yendenikhil1 chapter 77 . 10/25/2011
Simply awesome... I would like to know what happens as plot thickens... very nice story where HP is not super powerful is still he is !

cheers

NY
phil chapter 77 . 10/25/2011
Just chiming in to say that I check this website for updates daily.

If the reason for the lack of updates is that life got busy, well, okay. Same for if it isn't any fun anymore. Just post that you got burned out writing HPMoR, and need a few months break. But if you aren't writing because you don't think you are any good, shut up, stop reading this review, and go write something. Seriously. If it isn't any good, you can always delete it later.

Also, remember, you said that you disliked writers who didn't finish what they started.

As a note of encouragement, I've found Quirrel's advice on being able to lose invaluable in life. Now, whenever I get into a difficult situtation, I ask myself "Would it be to my advantage to lose?" The answer is "yes" suprisingly often.
CrimsonAsh28 chapter 10 . 10/24/2011
That was... AWESOME! I can't believe. I don't. You just. The hat... Wow.
CrimsonAsh28 chapter 5 . 10/24/2011
Do kleptomaniacs get auto-thieved?
CrimsonAsh28 chapter 4 . 10/24/2011
I wish I had a free week.

EF
CrimsonAsh28 chapter 2 . 10/24/2011
Congratulations. You have me hooked.

EF
Meira chapter 3 . 10/24/2011
This was rec'd on AskMetafilter, and I tried to read it then but it didn't click. Last night I finished my last book and was scrambling for something to consume me while I waited to feel sleepy - it sucked me right in, and now I can't wait for the day to end so I can curl up in bed with your story.

Thanks!
DrgnDrake chapter 77 . 10/24/2011
I am, quite often, utterly amazed by this story. I look forward to seeing more of it.
jdboss1 chapter 77 . 10/24/2011
less wrong i just found this in

The Reluctant Lord by SmallBurnyThing Ch10

if you go back to how wands work this might help m

"What if spells are just vocally triggered rune groups and wands are little more than complex, vocally programmable, foci."

"An Arithmancy equivalent for computers." Hannah answered quickly, sketching down theories and jotting out notes before the moment of inspiration left. "The non-magical wand. We design spells, right here, right now." She got out. "Runes are simple, their geometry and alignment have inherent magical properties, like circuits, they are our assembly, the most basic level of code, but we don't use that in spellcrafting." Underlining one of her more obscure theories she stared straight into her professors eyes. "Tell me, Professor, just what does Latin have to do with magic?"

Professor Annalise Vector, Master Spellcrafter, twelfth generation pureblood looked at her group of treasured apprentices with something akin to amazement. "Well, the Romans invented wands..." But that wasn't a particularly good reason. Sounds didn't have arithmantic representations. They had runes tuned to pitch and tone.
Punisher8824 chapter 77 . 10/24/2011
When will the next chapter be coming out? It has been over a month!
Dance Elle Dance chapter 77 . 10/23/2011
I really like this fic! I think you're doing an excellent job at writing this and I can't wait to read more! Awesome work!
Guest chapter 77 . 10/23/2011
I read this story and was thoroughly engrossed by it.

It's honestly the mona lisa of fanfiction. That said it isn't perfect and neither is life. I do like your characters especially quirrell but at points I think to myself: why is harry right so much more of the time than everyone else. He's a good character and I like him but sometimes I think wow dumbledore is you know supposed to be a genius who defeated his dark lord so why can't for once he just

be right instead of harry consistently being right when however smart he is he's still got way less experience

than dumbledore. I did find hermione to be a solid character albeit her desire to be a hero just to not be overshadowed by harry rather annoying because some

people just have something you don't and perhaps can't have. Heroism isn't a thing I think can be taught really. I don't think a true hero is one who wanted to be one for glory or whatever reason. But whatever you've done a sterling job and I commend you for it.
LightpoleBystander chapter 1 . 10/23/2011
I had this SAME idea, but I told myself I'd do terribly and somebody else had already done it. Thank you for doing this! I always felt something was wrong with the Potter-verse, something that you eradicated tenfold and brought back with such an esteem that I think I will start writing again. You are, honestly, a genius.
merl7 chapter 77 . 10/23/2011
I hope you update soon, I'm really enjoying this story and have reread it a couple of times now and it is just as captivating. I love your version of the Malfoys. I can't make my mind up if I love Draco or Lucius more...
Mimssio chapter 17 . 10/22/2011
I love your disclaimers. One could be, "You are J. K. Rowling. That is all."
33,863 | « Prev Page 1 .. 1,251 1,258 1,259 1,260 1261 1,262 1,263 1,264 1,271 .. Last Next »