Reviews for Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality
Weave the Magic chapter 5 . 9/6/2011
Oh my god! I almost died for forgetting to breathe. I cant stop laughing. Bravo!
Weave the Magic chapter 4 . 9/6/2011
Bwahahaha! Poor original HP, he could have done a lot more had his growing-up not been stunted by the Dursleys. Harry would have been able to get all his money out of the bank with Hagrid than tough Prof. McGonagall.

Noticed that you used the term Muggle right away without the term being explained to Harry (I think). But what the heck, we all know what it means anyway.
Lynn chapter 74 . 9/6/2011
Other: Ah, thanks. But while that may have been more specific than I realized, is that something that people in the Wizarding World would know/recognize? Apparently Quirrell and the Slytherins understood the reference... better than I did, at least. (shrug) Anyway, I wouldn't've brought it up to nitpick at this level.
Weave the Magic chapter 2 . 9/6/2011
Just started reading this, I was at first overwhelmed with the number of chapters posted already but the volume of reviews peaked my curiosity at last. Wow! This is a very interesting parallel universe of Harry, he's the female version of Hermione with a twist of lemon and loads of chili. This boy can sting! Hehehe.. Very interesting how Harry will take on Snape, I don't think it will be sitting down. But I am getting ahead of myself, there might not even be a Snape problem seeing your HP world have some noteable differences. But still, this early, I can see myself getting hook. :)
Other chapter 74 . 9/6/2011
Lynn...

"You who know the gate, who are the gate, the key and guardian of the gate"

Google the name Yog-Sothoth.
Max chapter 11 . 9/6/2011
I can offer a well-rounded critique to this/these. I can't breathe. This is the funniest thing in memory that I've ever read. Especially Harry being a father.
uo-chou chapter 76 . 9/6/2011
Good work, I am looking forward to reading more. Thanks for sharing!
PrincessVamp chapter 76 . 9/6/2011
Woohoo! I am loving the fast updates, and this chapter is a doozy. So much new information you've revealed! Your mind must be a complicated place. :)
Lynn chapter 74 . 9/6/2011
At first, I suspected that Lucius Malfoy was behind the bullies ramping things up, but now, I think it's simply Quirrell. Among Quirrell's potential reasons are to widen the split between Harry and Dumbledore, to start a true split between Hermione and the school's administration, to push Snape into the (semi-)open about what he's been doing with SPHEW, to try to get Harry to suspect Draco, and to get Harry to be grateful for his (Quirrell's) help.

Whether or not Quirrell is responsible for that, I'm pretty sure that he was the one to reveal Snape's presence at that last fight.

I don't understand the confusion in these comments about Quirrel/Voldemort giving Hermione points for "doing the right thing." Voldemort doesn't have moral objections to doing good things the way a good person would have moral objections to doing bad things, so even if it *didn't* serve any important purpose, he might have done it just to amuse himself. And it's hard to imagine that it served *no* purpose, when Dumbledore told Harry it would have serious effects.

(A side-note: I don't believe that "the Outer God" or "Yog-Sothoth" were actually *mentioned* in the chant, in the final posted version of the chapter.)
marauder17245 chapter 5 . 9/6/2011
dear god I'm laughin so hard I'm crying. That was so undeniably brilliant!
marauder17245 chapter 2 . 9/6/2011
You definitely got the humor part. I'm still laughing.
none chapter 76 . 9/6/2011
"And I don't usually come right out and say things like this, but no Hermione is not the last magical descendant of Merlin, and if you thought she was going to be because Mr. Hat and Cloak said so, then I want you to consider very carefully the alarming proposition that you might be believing everything you read."

I have another hypothesis. People are biased in believing Hermione was the descendant of Merlin because it fits the pattern seen in many many other fiction stories. In the universe of fiction, this description of Hermione fits the hero archetype very well. Aragorn in Lord of the Rings is another example of this archetype.
Guest chapter 76 . 9/6/2011
I like where this is going. I hope the mist-lady is Snape.
lipasnape chapter 76 . 9/6/2011
Albus Dumbledore beautifully deconstructed.
elianneE05 chapter 76 . 9/6/2011
Was that last scene a boggart? hmmm... love the irony there, people will always be guarded by the dark and mysterious than the pretty and helpful. BUt I think it's really a boggart stating all of Hermione's fears and the cloaked figure a symbolism too, and then when she became of misleading appearances she became aware of her fear of overly friendly and helpful people, and wasn't her fear in Canon talking too? BTW Really like your work.
33,290 | « Prev Page 1 .. 1,252 1,259 1,260 1,261 1262 1,263 1,264 1,265 1,272 .. Last Next »