Reviews for Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality
burtikus chapter 69 . 1/28/2011
"Currently she was being referred to as the Sparkly Unicorn Princess of the Noble and Most Ancient House of Sparklypoo."

I love this. I nearly did a spit-take reading it. The whole chapter (story, really) is awesome, but that scene with Daphne in the Slytherin Common Room is just wonderfully done. Thanks again.
Guile chapter 69 . 1/28/2011
SPHEW. That's beautiful.
3AM chapter 69 . 1/28/2011
So, S.P.H.E.W.? Would that still be pronounced spew then? Also I think you missed an obligatory joke about 'harmony harmony oh love' or the like, when making fun of Daphne.
Drix chapter 69 . 1/28/2011
I love Hermione on a normal day, but yours takes the cake! My god, the last line of this chapter was BRILLIANT! Cudos to you, you most definitly deserve it.
wisecurledqueen chapter 69 . 1/28/2011
Oh. Oh, this is just... Laughing so much here. Thank you. This was... this. Yeah.

-curledruler
Gogolu chapter 69 . 1/28/2011
Great chapter.
anon chapter 69 . 1/28/2011
F-ing awesome man. B)
Demented Kat chapter 68 . 1/28/2011
At first I thought the flash of gold was Harry throwing himself off Ravenclaw tower...I was so sure that was it...
Rurouni209 chapter 69 . 1/28/2011
Albus has officially created a monster worse than Harry, which I had thought impossible. Damn. Should have never combined the word impossible with this fanfic in my mind.
fsdfasefe chapter 69 . 1/28/2011
Awesome new chapter. I have a question for you. What is a hero really isn't it someone who is willing to stand up for what they believe what is right?
ErekLich chapter 69 . 1/28/2011
SPHEW. You realize that all things ironic obligate you to make jokes about SPHEW.

Excellent as always.
silentlysnowing chapter 69 . 1/28/2011
That last line is pure brilliance. I just thought you should know that I'm sitting here, laughing near uncontrollably. Well done, good sir!
skeptic7 chapter 69 . 1/28/2011
Great!. Why do you need permission to be a hero? I love it when Hermione plans to take the Ravenclaw library with her if someone forces her to Gryffindor. "And thus was born the Society for the Promotion of Heroic Equality for Witches" is just a wonderful line.

Hermione becomes a hero and joins Harry in the hero group and Harry realizes that he is human. I love Hufflepuff Mike who is destined to be the first rescuee of the new hero. Of course poor Derrick is screwed. 3 nearly grown, trained, powerful upper classmen against one little small firstie and they get soundly trounced.
ilikebluepineapples chapter 69 . 1/28/2011
Daphne always brings the comedic gold. Daphne of Greengrass and Blue Skies indeed :)

I love this scene:

A sudden huge smile lit Harry's face, a smile that was as bright and as boyish as the frown had been grim and adult, and everything was all right again between them.

"This is going to go horribly mind-bogglingly wrong somehow," said Harry, still smiling hugely. "You know that, right?"

"Oh, I know," said Hermione. She ate another bite of toast. "That reminds me, Dumbledore refused to be my mysterious old wizard, is there someplace I can write to get another one?"

It's a sudden infusion of light into a story that has taken quite a turn for the dark. And it seems like in this Era of After Quirrel, you really /are/ going to start to focus on Harry, Hermione, and Draco and their interactions, and I don't think I'm the only reader who's pumped about that.

Society for the Promotion of Heroic Equality for Witches is so much better of an idea than Society for the Promotion of Elfish Welfare. Too bad Hermione still has a penchant for the clunky organizational names.
Syithe chapter 69 . 1/28/2011
Hrm. I was kinda of expecting some cleverness from Quirrel abusing Hermione's insistence on relying on others for her self worth. I guess a whole group of girls running around calling themselves hero's is better than the alternative "princess" route, though both are equally "aren't I special?". I'm curious where this is going, especially with Harry's "This is going to go horribly mind-bogglingly wrong somehow,".

The Greengrass of Sunshine didn't even occur to me as funny until you pointed it out, but then it was hilarious. Poor Daphne.
29,806 | « Prev Page 1 .. 1,254 1,261 1,262 1,263 1264 1,265 1,266 1,267 1,274 .. Last Next »