Reviews for Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality
AR chapter 64 . 9/22/2011
Think you're clever dont you?

It is 8am...I was supposed to be asleep by midnight.

I wonder if I get a sleep disorder will a cat give me a time turner?

The Matrix one was just epic by the way...happy writings!
AR chapter 63 . 9/22/2011
Poor kid..

I suppose when your beliefs and your world irrevocably changes feeling lost is the least of your worries..

We saw Draco go through it...it was only time that he would as well..

Milgram...so that is how he explains his behavior around Quirrell..understandable. You do a lot of thing you could not BELIEVE yourself doing in order to please someone you look up to.

That he would let Hermione know that he was crying was beautiful...I am really loving their relationship and how youre evolving it.
AR chapter 62 . 9/22/2011
This was a sad sad chapter...and it very nearly made me cry.

I would not have wanted to be Dumbledore as I watched the boy and my familiar walk out like that.

He will have to stay imprisoned...and I wonder just what THAT will do his personality..

But in the end you still showed him capable of compassion.

You have created a character that after all this time...I still do not understand and know how to feel about.

That is your true genius and I applaud you
Julian Delphiki chapter 77 . 9/22/2011
The prophesy in this world has a clearly exploitable loophole that Harry will laugh at if he hears the whole thing. Instead of neither living while the other survives, they just aren't supposed to be on the same world at the same time. Not a difficult thing considering Harry's end goal is immortality for humanity and to spread across the universe.
AR chapter 61 . 9/22/2011
Ah...that makes so much more sense now. The potion..ofcourse...

I wonder if the boy realized just HOW much of a catastrophe he would create by his actions. Kinda like a butterfly that way.
AR chapter 60 . 9/22/2011
Sigh...

Zimbardo and those who replicated his experiment tried hard to explain the nature of ordinary humans who would do those deeply sadistic things...

Yet even awareness did not stop a guard from acting as she did in the current Iraq/ Afghanistan occupation.

People are at the end of the day capable of unimaginable things..

Does the existence of Hermione's make up for the Quirrell's in the world?

I would be more concerned on what accounts for the average people?...the ones who are not extremists...yet capable of careless evil just the same..
AR chapter 59 . 9/22/2011
I'll say more in the next chapter.

Great writing
AR chapter 58 . 9/22/2011
Foolish foolish foolish boy...

I am so frustrated that he is still GOING ALONG with that evil evil snake thing. UGH.

I get psychology...I get hero worship...even mentioned it a few chapters back. But this is taking it too far.

Ah well...the Boomstick? Had me in fits...amazing you are.
AR chapter 57 . 9/22/2011
He managed to turn them away...

Unbelievable...and did I mention...frikkin AWESOME!
AR chapter 56 . 9/22/2011
His ability to dissociate so easily still makes me extremely uneasy. He has too defined personalities and while he has managed to form some sort of a bond with his dark side...it is still too unnatural.

I wonder why he does not realize that the dark side is different enough to be part of the dark lord and not he himself?

Great writing.
AR chapter 55 . 9/22/2011
you can not save everyone. You need to pick your battles to win your wars. You need to know how to lose.

Worth platitudes all of them. No...he will never get that piece of himself back. And that is a tragic tragic ending.

This was one of my favorite chapters.
AR chapter 54 . 9/22/2011
I could practically FEEL the cold chill of his realization how deeply screwed he was.

And even though I have read ahead and I know what happens I still dont see how the boy will EVER trust his mentor again
AR chapter 53 . 9/22/2011
I wonder if you named this arc for Zimbardo because of Bellatrix's nature. Or simply because it fit with the theme.

But I dont know...this whole thing seems astronomically stupid. And I wonder why the boy does not realize that he is just NOT being rational
AR chapter 52 . 9/22/2011
So I finished the SPBE arc and now I've come back to review.

This chapter did well to set the tone for the coming plot...good conclusion.
Merdinus chapter 64 . 9/22/2011
Hamlet and the matrix: two things most BEAUTIFULLY suited for a rationality makeover.
33,630 | « Prev Page 1 .. 1,254 1,261 1,262 1,263 1264 1,265 1,266 1,267 1,274 .. Last Next »