Reviews for Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality
madbrad chapter 77 . 9/11/2011
An interesting little expose of Snape, surprisingly touching. Even given the harsh condemnation of Rowling's foundation for the entire series (or Snape's part in it) - 'totally pathetic'. Yes, I found the whole "he did it all for the 20-year crush he had on the girl who not only spurned him but married his worst enemy and bore him a child even when tortured by the dark lord for more than 15 years without falter" quite contrived too. But that's Rowling for you, simplistic artificial plotting.

A surprising and quite poignant neat little twist there at the end, though.

I have absolutely no idea why Snape was feeding the intelligence to Hermione, but it was a good chapter nonetheless, thanks. :-)
madbrad chapter 76 . 9/11/2011
As a H/Hr man and Hermione Granger fan I very much enjoyed this chapter, particularly the last segment, such as this paragraph:

- "Then you don't know half of what you pretend to know," Hermione said, her voice a little firmer. "I'm scared of Harry too. But not because of what he might ever do to me. I'm scared of what he might do to protect me -"

I love that line. But damn, I do hope you never give Hermione cause to distrust Harry (the way that the 'ghost' is seeming to try to encourage her to do). On the other hand, a brave intelligent couple like these two seems destined for such machinations from evil authors. As long as you have them living happily ever after at the end. Please.

Thank you for continuing on your story.
Lydia M Argent chapter 61 . 9/11/2011
Wow Harry, way to start a war.
Jack Sprat chapter 77 . 9/11/2011
An enjoyable chapter. I await the end of the interlude, even if the interlude advances the plot and makes interesting half reveals.
Lydia M Argent chapter 23 . 9/11/2011
Nooooooo! Draco! How could you?
Lydia M Argent chapter 21 . 9/11/2011
I don't get it, why is Evans in Harry's name?
Lydia M Argent chapter 20 . 9/11/2011
Wait, so he did tie someone's ghost to it or did he not?
Lydia M Argent chapter 19 . 9/11/2011
Yay, Harry isn't going to turn evil any more!
Lydia M Argent chapter 11 . 9/11/2011
LOL someone should totally write a story where Harry becomes headmaster because of the sorting hat
Nadejsda chapter 76 . 9/11/2011
hello there,

i have other things to say to you.

First of all, it's a difficult story to read. Maybe because of the bunch of theories you explain inside. But I did learn a lot about theories in that story, and about psychologics in general, and good/bad sides and childrens and adults in general and complex ways. So in the end it's worth it.

Then I wanted to say that the whole story looks like coming from a book, and you have real talent for writing, even complicated things. It's, even a bit difficult to read and follow, a really interesting, funny fanfiction, from which anyone can learn a lot of things and enjoy reading it. I did.
Nadejsda chapter 74 . 9/11/2011
This is the MOST FUNNY CHAPTER I've ever read.

"Tracey ate my soul !"

Anyways, it's a bit difficult fanfiction to read, but I like it. You worked hard for it and it can be seen in the style, the events, the whole story.
Meneldur chapter 76 . 9/11/2011
"One answer is that you shouldn't ever use violence except to stop violence," Harry said. "You shouldn't risk anyone's life except to save even more lives. It sounds good when you say it like that. Only the problem is that if a police officer sees a burglar robbing a house, the police officer should try to stop the burglar, even though the burglar might fight back and someone might get hurt or even killed. Even if the burglar is only trying to steal jewelry, which is just a thing. Because if nobody so much as inconveniences burglars, there will be more burglars, and more burglars. And even if they only ever stole things each time, it would - the fabric of society -" Harry stopped. His thoughts weren't as ordered as they usually pretended to be, in this room. He should have been able to give some perfectly logical exposition in terms of game theory, should have at least been able to see it that way, but it was eluding him. Hawks and doves - "Don't you see, if evil people are willing to risk violence to get what they want, and good people always back down because violence is too terrible to risk, it's - it's not a good society to live in, Headmaster! Don't you realize what all this bullying is doing to Hogwarts, to Slytherin House most of all?"

Yes! Yes! Look, I know you're Jewish. Do you read Hebrew? There is an Halacha stating that their is permission (and indeed, a duty) to kill the thief who comes at night to steal should you catch him. Indeed, if he is buried under a rockfall on the Sabbath and you can save them, you are not allowed to do so, because he is ALREADY A DEAD MAN. I delved into this issue, trying to ascertain why this was. Finally, the Rambam (Maimonides) pointed me in the right direction in his amazing More Nevuchim. I made a little project out of it, in Hebrew. If you would wish to read it, drop me a line, I'll e-mail you the pertinent parts. As I wrote, they're in Hebrew, so you'd need to be able to read it, or have a translator. I could try doing it if such was your desire, but despite being the author, I cannot promise things will not get lost in translation. I will do my utmost, of course, if it was so asked.
CrazyLemon chapter 77 . 9/11/2011
You keep surprising me all the time!

The last time i felt a story was so well written was when i was reading harry potter for the first time. The reactions and thoughts of the characters are really well thought out and realistic. Keep up the awesomeness!
Seerka chapter 64 . 9/10/2011
HOW DID YOU KNOW

It is five hours past my bedtime. Exactly.

I should have left a review before the 64th chapter-I was in love by the time I'd got past Harry's first scientist speech-but it seemed more dire to keep reading.

I deem this fanfic to be beyond words awesome. Defining exactly the difference between subjectivities (shut up, spellcheck) like "good" and "evil," and law vs chaos, as well as the role of logic...It's nice to pick up a book that isn't so clear cut in perspective.

I need to keep reading.
templar627 chapter 16 . 9/10/2011
Best quarrel ever! I really like himnow that he isn't an incompetent idiot and I really liked his speech.
33,511 | « Prev Page 1 .. 1,256 1,263 1,264 1,265 1266 1,267 1,268 1,269 1,276 .. Last Next »