Reviews for Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality
AwsmAdm chapter 74 . 8/28/2011
This chapter was fantastic, and the ending may have been one of the funniest things I've ever read.
w chapter 74 . 8/28/2011
Excellent update. Nice to see you back in form, after somewhat more average previous episodes of the arc.

Nice things:

Q becoming spooky. Uranus/Newton. "Citing experimental results about keeping a gratitude journal as a strategy for improving life happiness didn't seem like it would be taken well." Tracey. Draco. KKK. Tonks. Dumbledore conversation. Q growing fond of H. The Potions class. It's quite impressive you can do also the funny parts so well.

"Even so, the most terrible ritual known to me demands"... this is interesting, is he lying deliberately now?
Khadon chapter 74 . 8/28/2011
Okay, I feel like there's a chance this plot arc has finally become just a tad to unrealistic to believe. I'll be damned if it isn't the funniest thing I've read in a while though. Tracy is getting dangerously close to being my favorite female character in this fic.

The way she just blindly trust and believes in the power of Harry had me laughing my ass off. Pansy's fear of losing her soul was just icing on the cake.
Dinner chapter 74 . 8/28/2011
This chapter, was made if win!
Fluphy Ninja chapter 74 . 8/28/2011
i am struggling to contain my laughter as i type this. i just love how you have the eleven year olds actually act like eleven year olds, for the most part being stupid.
Sin of the Fallen chapter 74 . 8/28/2011
Oh this is too funny for words! If only we oils take your first year and replace it with Rowlings life would be good... Till then I'll settle with awesome fanfiction!
JoshuaZ chapter 74 . 8/28/2011
Ok. So that ritual references Dr. Seuss (explicitly), Slayers, Hellraiser, Warhammer, and HP Lovecraft.

I'm a little worried. We know that a lot of fictional stuff in non-HP fiction turns out to be real in this universe. I hope Harry hasn't accidentally triggered something.

Also, this does raise a serious question: Since Harry has read Lord of the Rings and Lovecraft and a fair bit of other stuff, how much of what he is making up is made by him from fiction he knows and how much is stuff that he happens to write that sounds good that happens to (at a meta level) reference fiction in our universe? For example, it is extremely unlikely although just potentially possible for Harry to have seen some version of Slayers. But this seems unlikely.

Overall, this was a great mix of seriousness, hilarity, zany madcap fun, and with a bit of useful psychology thrown in there. This is HPMR at its best.
Reader123456789 chapter 17 . 8/28/2011
Nice JOB! Extremely funny!
ironhair chapter 28 . 8/28/2011
I didn't understand the danger of the experiment that caused Herminone to run like that to save harry...

Was the weight about to drop and hurt harry?

Why did she ask if harry was ok and why did harry say he had no symptoms?

I don't get it :(
Overlooked Supporting Cast chapter 74 . 8/28/2011
I think I will have a smile permanently affixed to my face for several years. I could fail all my classes, lose my apartment and all my worldly possessions, suffer the impact of a javelin that sliced through the portions of my brain containing my knowledge of calculus -and- Feynman -and- joy, abandon all sense and *become a theist*, and still stay smiling.
Matthew Fallshaw chapter 74 . 8/28/2011
Thank you, EY. Thank you for bringing unstopping the flow.
OwlofNight chapter 74 . 8/28/2011
Amazing. Amazing. Amazing. DOFBGHGJHIFJEFIGGJIG

Thank you for writing this story, i hope it doesn't get canceled and i totally love LW and the whole rationalist community that was revealed to me because of this story.

Epic Chapter indeed my dear Eliezer.
Hanzo of the Salamander 2.0 chapter 74 . 8/28/2011
!muffins!
Loonynamelass chapter 74 . 8/28/2011
There are many things about this chapter that please me more than this arc has been pleasing me lately.

I'm so happy to know I can expect regular-ish updates from this story for a while. I suppose my next review will be in the weekend... :)
AlwaysInADream chapter 74 . 8/28/2011
Permanently sacrifice Yog-Sothoth... to briefly summon Harry Potter.

... Now I've gotten this wild idea in my head that the ritual completely did work that way and somehow retroactively caused the entire fic.
32,697 | « Prev Page 1 .. 1,258 1,265 1,266 1,267 1268 1,269 1,270 1,271 1,278 .. Last Next »