Reviews for Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality
Jasper Valentine Bluesummers chapter 36 . 4/8/2011
I'm not usually particularly fond of Harry/Hermione as a couple, but the way you handled it here was very sweet and appropriate. Really good going.
Kitty O chapter 19 . 4/8/2011
ThOugh that is the craziest methodology I've ever read, I do agree that knowing when to lose is good. Some things Quirrel says makes my eyebrows rise. But that, I liked. But then there's losing against a teacher, and there's losing against a student. When someone hits me, I hit back. But if someone beat me up, I wouldn't beat them once I was strong... Maybe I have a lesson to learn? Maybe not.
Kitty O chapter 18 . 4/8/2011
I love this running (I'm trying to think of the word; it's not gag) of Harry snapping his fingers.
R. B. Evans chapter 71 . 4/8/2011
I find your fiction quite interesting ,

showing and analizating the wizard world,

by other point of view , a critical and serius.

Until next chapter.
Furcas chapter 71 . 4/8/2011
Eliezer, I'm not sure it's correct to say that the last 6 chapters have been uninteresting, but they've certainly felt _irrelevant_. Like filler in an anime. Decent filler, sure, but still filler. Please get back to the main story, and finish this fan-fiction.
Kitty O chapter 16 . 4/8/2011
I can honestly say my intent to kill is turned off. Wand to eye? Yuck!

Also Harry was in love. It would be a three-way wedding: him, the Time-Turner, and Professor Quirrell.

I love that line though.
Afina Kedavra chapter 71 . 4/8/2011
simply brilliant!
The French Dark Lord chapter 71 . 4/8/2011
Keep writing!
William H. Stoddard chapter 71 . 4/8/2011
Glad to see the Muse coming back to visit you again. I was starting to feel concerned that you might have exhausted your narrative impetus and be about to plunge to the ground under the cliff, like Wile E. Coyote. The handling of the character interactions is good in this latest episode, though the whole thing still seems like a huge digression from the several major storylines already in process.

I wanted to mention that I just lately found a statement strikingly close to your theory of fanfic, dating back nearly half a century:

"Far from suggesting an easy or 'unrealistic' view of life, a thriller suggests the necessity of a difficult struggle; if the hero is 'larger-than-life,' so are the villains and the dangers."

(I expect you'll find some irony in the source: "Bootleg Romanticism," by Ayn Rand, reprinted in The Romantic Manifesto.)
Markus Ramikin chapter 32 . 4/8/2011
"And the two of them walked on, in their tiny sphere of silence and isolation, through the brilliant and bustling crowds; and if you looked carefully, you would see that where they went, leafy boughs faded, and flowers withered, and children's toys that played cheerful bells changed to lower and more ominous notes."

- I love this fragment, I've returned to it many times. Their attitude towards Christmas is my own as well.

So, the idea of borrowing from Draco was actually a ridiculously bad mistake of Harry's, or what are you implying?
alibabaandrobbers chapter 71 . 4/8/2011
Another hilarious chapter. I've been laughing nonstop. Thanks so much...
BackgroundRobot-11 chapter 1 . 4/8/2011
Ha, stumbled across this while on TV tropes and thought it sounded funny, glad to see that it was.

Ha, sucks to be Vernon!

Love the ending, Harry's little "What." was so funny!
insanelyproudpervert chapter 71 . 4/7/2011
well u would be a great writer who writes great story and get many review. But i think after writing this many chap u have loss the main idea why people like ur story. Now u started to get over ur head and overconfident u started to write crap which is longer and meaning less in long run. When u start the bitching of hermione it quite funny but as time goes u make it to much it started to get on nerve. Still its first year there r many u started writing which is undigestable as the story goes.

This is hp fic main char is hp people started reading it beuz this harry is exiting they want to know how he handle situation in his new way of thinking but when u start the herm main char in chap man it goes over board .

P.s_There r many char who get u know many girls dreaming and wainting to b frnd with them but the way u make the only one who is in harry is bitching herm. My frnds and i who adored ur story r geting bored from it becuz it stoped moving forward. And it getting on nerve. We r here for a great hp story not for barking herm. Its time for u to start moving frwd story and developed harry char . Dont b full of ur self.
Kitty O chapter 13 . 4/7/2011
The randomness felt good. To my soul.

I just lost THE GAME so many times!
Kitty O chapter 11 . 4/7/2011

I laughed aloud
31,000 | « Prev Page 1 .. 1,258 1,265 1,266 1,267 1268 1,269 1,270 1,271 1,278 .. Last Next »