Reviews for Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality
AR chapter 11 . 9/20/2011
You read manga!

The naruto reference had me in fits. You're awesome..it's like finding an old friend

Keep writing!
AR chapter 10 . 9/20/2011
. .

I have a look of utter disbelief on my right about now closely entwined with a sense of giddiness. NEVER has ANY writer made me so engrossed in a story that when I read "Slytherin" I literally went in shock for a good 3 minutes saying "oh my god" over and over.

It was only after the 3 minutes that I dared scroll down and see "Ravenclaw". And I am still laughing...

Awed. That is how you've left me. Utterly and completely awed.

On a side note: His fear of failure makes me wonder if Minerva wasn't right in her theories. Dissociation, self control, over rationalization, thirst for knowledge...it does make me wonder about his childhood. Then again that might be just the psychologist in me.

Ah well...
Captain LeBubbles chapter 5 . 9/20/2011
I think it was about the point that McGonagall walked in I lost all ability to function. I can see why everyone thinks chapter five is where it hits it's stride (and I'm so glad you decided not to inflict Harry on poor Hagrid just yet; he'd have never made it through the day, you know).
AR chapter 8 . 9/20/2011
I get what you mean about consequences...but I think that motives play a role in it as well. A poorly executed evil act does not necessarily negate the meanness of the action simply because it did not produce the desired effect..

Also...this boy is strange. I find it intriguing how he can dissociate his feelings from his thoughts. I know that people consider that a sign of psychopathy (especially his conversation with Draco in the previous chapter) but I dont think there is enough evidence to make that conclusion.
chaosglory626 chapter 77 . 9/20/2011
I cried a little. It had absolutely nothing to do with Snape, I was just weeping at the fact that I had caught up. Now I have to wait for more of this amazing story.

I have found that I really like fics that take the main character and turn them into a mad scientist. Much hilarity and awesomeness ensues.

Keep up the good work. This is probably one of the best fics on this site.
chaosglory626 chapter 74 . 9/20/2011
That was without a doubt the single most epic mind-bendingly awesome ritual I have ever ever seen, read, or heard about. I don't think I will run into a ritual that could even approach that level for a very long time if ever.
AR chapter 6 . 9/20/2011
There is a very fine line between being paranoid and being effectively prepared. I've skirted the line enough times to know that adults rarely get where the child is coming from.

On a side note its remarkable how much youve been able to make me empathize with a fictional 11 year old.

Also..he reminds me a little of calvin from calvin and hobbes? the part where the bag eats the kit...is it just me?
AR chapter 5 . 9/20/2011
Im trying to remember the last time a fanfic made me smile like this...I doubt I'll figure that out.

Great writing!
AR chapter 3 . 9/20/2011
As a psychology student, I can certainly understand the reasoning behind the bystander effect and to an extent even sympathize. But I wonder, if one is aware of this phenomenon..can he still be called innocent if he succumbs to it? The alternative question: does ignorance excuse his responsibility?

But i suppose selfishness is part of human nature...perhaps the most elemental part.

Still reading...still enjoying
Mike chapter 77 . 9/20/2011
Anxiously waiting for the next chapter...its been two weeks! Im going into Rationality Withdrawal...
AR chapter 2 . 9/20/2011
You said itll hit the stride after chapter 5. I'm at the 2nd chapter and already highly intrigued. Love physics and love what appears to be effortless writing.

Great job...still have a way to but I'll review as I go. Hope you'll continue to write.
Guest chapter 12 . 9/20/2011
This fanfiction is... amazing! Oh, if only Harry had been a person like that! I would have loved a main character like that! And instead we have a stupid mean boy who doesn't care about rules... oh well...

I really liked what Harry thought about the Quidditch: I always thought the same!

But will Harry become evil? He doesn't seem to really be trying to fight against destiny (heh! "Screw Destiny", eh? It reminds me of something... _-)

I loved that part with Quirrel... that was Voldemort, right? So here Voldemort has decided that hey, he will be the teacher and he will be the most amazing teacher, too! Take that, Dumbledore!
jjones987 chapter 76 . 9/20/2011
Great
James Hiwatari chapter 3 . 9/20/2011
That was really good - and considerably more touching than I thought it would be.

And I have to leave in 5 min, so I won't write more.

James
James Hiwatari chapter 2 . 9/20/2011
That was the most awesome introduction-to-Hogwarts chapter ever! D

And I like your reasons for Petunia having ended up with Vernon. They sound sadly plausible...

James
33,624 | « Prev Page 1 .. 1,258 1,265 1,266 1,267 1268 1,269 1,270 1,271 1,278 .. Last Next »