Reviews for Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality
Multipartite chapter 75 . 8/31/2011
Many pleasant parts. I should likely note that I smiled at the "Ow, my sanity" reference.

The chapter ending has left me mentally in a state of quiet contemplation. (As always, significant curiosity regarding the future; extreme happiness regarding the update schedule.)
Dinner chapter 75 . 8/31/2011
Somehow this chapter felt really sweet, good quality writing!

Cant believe though that sbape did that in front if the entire school students and teachers yet no one but quirrel did anything... Even for this au that a bit ooc for many.
youxcan'txstop chapter 13 . 8/31/2011
._.

I..cannot put...into proper words..just...how...awesome the notion of playing this game is

So original, and I'm thinking maybe house elves are involved...? Perhaps..?
w chapter 75 . 8/31/2011
Come on, it's a pretty nice chapter. Nice tangle. I think that the problem with most of the sphew arc is how much Q, Draco and Harry steal more or less the entire scene anytime they are there. The boyfriend/girlfriend parts were nice too. So was the discussion about names. That Snape had chosen to break H's faith in authorities was a bit too convenient to coincide wit h Harry's lecture. And speaking of Q, he really is getting bored, one wonders why. One also wonders if Harry will realize that Snape is doing it for Hermione. He really has it bad, both in the original and here, you could have at least powered him up a bit.
Pentecost chapter 75 . 8/31/2011
Wonderful finale to the arc.
R. Donald James Gauvreau chapter 75 . 8/31/2011
The dry voice of Professor Quirrell cut through everything, and that voice said, "One hundred points to Miss Granger for doing what is right."

That's something that I had to reread a few times. Not because it was utterly shocking, because it wasn't -utterly- shocking (surprising, coming from Quirrel, but then some thought on the matter shows how it does fit him) but because, after everything that's gone on, that little bit there seems like the most appropriate note for this episode of MoR to end on. Which I think that it did, in a way. If chapters had epilogues, that would have marked the point where Chappie 75 ended and then entered its epilogue.

Hell, I do love Quirrelmort.
Nancy Lebovitz chapter 75 . 8/31/2011
'"I don't even know a name for this kind of fallacious reasoning," said Harry Potter. '

Pattern-matching, I think. Or possibly pattern-matching based on fictional evidence.

Other than that, lots of good stuff, though I wonder if there's going to be somewhat about whether it's possible to know whether some rules are worth keeping.

What was the name of that essay at Less Wrong about refusing to shade the truth keeping Eliezer out of bad trouble about FAI?
Eli Courtwright chapter 75 . 8/31/2011
You've mentioned several times that chapters like this, which are mostly just two characters talking to each other, are the hardest for you to write. I remember you specifically mentioning Chapter 47 as an example.

For what it's worth, I love these kinds of chapters. Obviously I wouldn't want every chapter to be like that, but I feel like these sorts of chapters are the glue that holds MoR together. The story just wouldn't work without them, or at least it wouldn't work as well.

Thanks for another great read.
madeyemarauder chapter 26 . 8/31/2011
Remains never to rise again? At last!
Starburstia chapter 75 . 8/31/2011
It might be since I was just skipping through your chapters, but this one struck me as the best somehow. I was in conniptions, and then more conniptions (of /laughter/) and then I added you to my favs.

Cheers!
threecankeepasecret chapter 75 . 8/31/2011
I absolutely loved that chapter. It's my favorite kind of chapter.
youxcan'txstop chapter 11 . 8/31/2011
XD

I aughed so hard at this, particularly the 'Harry is a father' one and the last one, could you tell me if anyone did continue with these as their own continuation fic?
youxcan'txstop chapter 10 . 8/31/2011
Oh my god, I read the SLYTHERIN part and my heart skipped a beat

and then I read the last sentence, and I just thought (God could you imagine if this version of Harry had to deal with himself all the time? I think after a few hours he'd try and kill himself :P)
youxcan'txstop chapter 1 . 8/31/2011
A wonderful story, truly funny, and it's...well to put it simply this is probably one of the most educational and honestly interesting fic on this site, thank you for putting the links to the Less Wrong website (can't believe I've lived, trolling the internet for years, in ignorance of this wonderful tool)

Thank you for letting this particular spawn of your head cannon form into such a fic
Izzyaro chapter 20 . 8/31/2011
Absolutely mind-blowing in so many ways. I can see why it's got so many reviews.
32,983 | « Prev Page 1 .. 1,259 1,266 1,267 1,268 1269 1,270 1,271 1,272 1,279 .. Last Next »