Reviews for Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality
MrRobertsIII chapter 77 . 9/6/2011
a bit creepy but fun to read! Hopefully Snape will get a clue.
FanBoySalami chapter 77 . 9/6/2011
Your story keeps surprising me: this chapter lets me clearly see my darkest secrets, weaknesses and hopes like a "lumos" cast at night in a treasure vault. Thank you!

I make excuses why I don't want what I want, because I am afraid: I tell myself I am not successful enough yet, don't need the distractions, and want to be a better person, when in reality I choose to be pathetic. In short, I could easily become Snape, and I am grateful for your story.

No complaints about the writing, plot, etc. either.
Crzyncl chapter 77 . 9/6/2011
Snape, even if it was just your attempt at being nice, that still counts as pedophilia.
Rhydian chapter 77 . 9/6/2011
Frankly, I'm happy to see that arc over. HPMOR used to be wickedly funny and smart, and that arc was just overwrought and over-thought. And the arc didn't even move the story forward to any interesting degree; your version on Angst-y!Hermoine was more painful than canon's Angst-y!Harry. The Angst-y!Snape in this chapter is shorter, better and vastly more interesting than the entirety of that last arc, and it actually ties into the larger plot.

I hope that events pick up again and that the writing becomes easier because we've been stuck in neutral for a while now. For me, the train started going off the tracks about the time we lost touch with JKR's world.

Despite the negativity, I do hope you continue and, please, bring the fun and cleverness back.
Querrynithen chapter 77 . 9/6/2011
Poor Snapeypoo! (this is totally a well rounded critique...)
josh148513 chapter 77 . 9/6/2011
Interesting
Gilliweed chapter 77 . 9/6/2011
I really like your story, and you're obviously a very smart person and it shows in your writing, which is also an enjoyable treat as extras go. But, we're already closing in on the HALF A MILLION WORDS mark... and we can't even glance at a hint of the end of the FIRST year! In the words of Microsoft's publicists for the Windows Phone 7 campaign... Really? I mean, seriously, is this an effort at attempting the longest fanfiction story ever? Extrapolation of the story length so far would indicate that we're looking at over 4.2 million words total for the seven years, and that's only assuming you manage to limit year one to "just" 700 thousand words or thereabouts.

Please don't get me wrong, I will read EVERY SINGLE ONE of however many words you manage to end up gifting us with, my respect for the time you've already invested in this just for our enjoyment would allow nothing less, but... at the same time, if it's not too style crippling for you in the end, would you think it possible to maybe move the story timeframe just a tiny bit faster?

Finally, I'd like to end this with a sincere THANK YOU SO MUCH, for your gift of words to us all so far as well as your dedication to the provision of our collective entertainment. It has been tremendously enjoyable to date, and I have no doubt that it will continue to be so for quite some more time yet :)
w chapter 77 . 9/6/2011
Nice that Snape is getting real about Dumbledore. Nice part also about considering what Oblivation means; I'd think you get a bit more into it (why different from falling asleep/dying etc.). And I do hope you'll redeem Snape better than the canon, which should not be difficult given how JKR botched him.
Eli Courtwright chapter 77 . 9/6/2011
This is a fascinating view of Snape. Chapter 27 has Harry calling Lily shallow, perhaps causing Snape to see her in that light, possibly for the first time. And now he hears his lifelong love for Lily called out as being creepy, which he might even come to feel is true. But he doesn't just decide to sabotage Dumbledore or anything so drastic (at least not yet), it's currently just making him reflective. Which is fascinating.

Great chapter, as always. I look forward to seeing what comes next, and what comes of Snape's self-reflection.
EeriexVerra chapter 77 . 9/6/2011
It's pretty cool to finally start getting to the bottom of all these mysteries! And it was awfully nice of Severus to give Rianne the kiss she had hoped for, even if she did forget about it a moment later. Awesome!
Peregrinate chapter 77 . 9/6/2011
Aww. Life is tragic, isn't it?
anon chapter 77 . 9/6/2011
Sad and yet it made me smile. :)
deitarionSSokolow chapter 77 . 9/6/2011
The conversation on the true meaning of the prophecy is so beautifully long-overdue and reminds me that, for a story like this, any kind of vanquishing of Quirrelmort would be a disappointment, so one must look to subvert the meaning of another word in the prophecy... like having the power to do so, but not using it.

It finally clicks. I now await Quirrelmort's development as a character just as much as Harry's and Draco's and Snape begins to truly gain my interest.

For Harry, I've been awaiting and loving new developments since the veiled meaning of Harry's Patronus compounded what was already being said about his character and view on things but, on some level, I think I've been hoping for something like this to happen to Quirrelmort, since, even with Harry and Draco being fascinating, Harry feels like he's on a completely different level as a character... a level which Quirrelmort has been foreshadowed to be on since the protections on his Horcruxes were hinted at and space showed that his thoughts weren't as small and blind as canon Voldemort's.
JoshuaZ chapter 77 . 9/6/2011
Oh wow. Just wow.

So Snape really was struck by Harry's observation and does seem to be acting for himself now and no one else. But what he intends to accomplish is absolutely unclear.

And the possibility that Voldemort and Harry being in the same world will result in its destruction is really disturbing.

We already have reason to think that this fic may end badly. The primary point of departure was how Lilly treated Petunia. But according to Petunia, one of the reasons Lilly didn't want to give Petunia the potion was that a centaur told her something bad might happen. Later we find out from Hermione that some people say that centaurs are afraid of Harry. In canon the centaurs are some of the most trustworthy of prophets.

This seems to all point towards the centaurs being worried that Harry v. Voldemort could destroy the world. This is bad.

On the edge of my seat waiting for the next update.
Pentecost chapter 77 . 9/6/2011
That girl is kinda creepy.
33,435 | « Prev Page 1 .. 1,260 1,267 1,268 1,269 1270 1,271 1,272 1,273 1,280 .. Last Next »