Reviews for Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality
TardisIsTheOnlyWayToTravel chapter 26 . 6/15/2010
O_O You are a genius at ending chapters.

This chapter was great! I loved the depths to which Weasley Twins can innovate, lie, and let loose their imagination on a unsuspecting public.

The following made me crack up:

"As Harry left the office, he heard Professor Quirrell humming a small tune.

Harry was glad he'd been been able to cheer him up."

As though he'd been a bit depressed or down or grouchy, and not, you know, in the grip of a towering and frightening rage to which most cannot aspire.

I don't know where the Quirrell subplot is going, but hell, I don't care, the ride is worth not knowing where you're going to end up.
Quincy80 chapter 26 . 6/15/2010
Quirrellmort is HARDCORE!

You get 3 bonus points. One for each moment of shock I experienced reading this.
cheekylildevil chapter 26 . 6/15/2010
Rest in peace, little Rita-bug, rest in peace... or peices...

Nice to see your standards raised once again,

Indi
Cremello chapter 26 . 6/15/2010
Go Quirrell! I feel almost sorry for Rita, but only almost. She could have hidden on the ceiling...
Raven3182 chapter 26 . 6/15/2010
Interesting chapter. I knew that ending for Rita was coming after Quirrell's departing comment to her in the last chapter. Although, with that action, the story has definately taken a more serious turn; when characters start dying things don't look as funny anymore. It's still a great story though.

You had my brain working overtime for a few mintues there thinking that the diary was the horcrux from CoS and that Quirrell was planning on possessing Harry at this point. I'm glad that that was not the case; it would have broken the mentor relationship that they have going much too soon. And the reference to one of the older students stumbling across the Sectumsempra spell in the Half Blood Prince's book was priceless. Well done.

I look forward to the next update! Thanks for writing!
Nongarak chapter 26 . 6/15/2010
Well, that's a very well-aimed stumble. Good chapter, lots of story. I like Quirrell. I must confess, I had to look up Roger Bacon. Seems like a cool guy. Pretty funny chapter. Continue!
Kate chapter 26 . 6/15/2010
Fantastic chapter. I love your descriptions of Quirrelmort being the scariest man ever, and the sense of DOOM emanating from him, and the whole 'If a fire started, Harry was just going to stand in the middle of it until Quirrelmort came back'. Buying food for Harry? Stealing him books by ROGER BACON? HE IS UP TO SOMETHING NOT GOOD. LOL at his awe of the Weasley Twins.
DarkRubberNeck chapter 26 . 6/15/2010
This Quirrellmort is weird _
msilverstar chapter 26 . 6/15/2010
I'm so enjoying this, as Harry makes years-worth of both progress and mistakes in a few weeks. And the Weasleys being an excellent value for money!

PS "waittress" should be "waitress"
fontgoddess chapter 26 . 6/15/2010
"Harry hadn't thought about what would happen to Rita Skeeter afterward.

"At all.

"Not in the slightest.

"But she would get fired from her job, of course she would be fired, she might have children going through Hogwarts for all Harry knew, and now it was worse, much worse - "

This thought (or lack of thought), the horrific and chilling characterization of Quirrel/Voldemort, Harry's acceptance of what is most certainly a tempting and even damning horcrux, and the cold, literal crushing of Rita Skeeter has made this chapter incredibly dark and disturbing.

Please follow this chapter with a little something that doesn't require the disclaimer "abandon all hope ye who enter here." I don't want the rest of the fic to be Draco becoming a puppy breeder, but some hope, humor, and lightness to counter the extreme emotional bleakness of this chapter would be much appreciated by this reader. I mean, I'm no fan of Rita Skeeter, but being crushed by Voldy's bare hand is particularly cold. I honestly couldn't be more horrified by this than if he had strangled her. This is partially a compliment to your skill as a writer and partially a small note to say that I will have to spend some time on cuteoverload before I will be able to sleep tonight.
csad21 chapter 26 . 6/15/2010
[ "Is Dumbledore refusing to expel him because the poor boy didn't know?" ]

*grr* *That* is the reason I hate that man so much. Imagine all the fun we could have in real life with such an headmaster. The indignant parents alone would rip him to shreds.

[ Nestled up against the wall, where Professor Quirrell had stumbled, glistened the crushed remains of a beautiful blue beetle. ]

Yay! Well done, Quirrel! One vulture gotten rid of. :)

Oh, and Harry fainting at hearing about the diary belonging to *Roger Bacon*? *laughs* The poor dear. Can anyone blame him?
anon chapter 26 . 6/15/2010
Character death! This is freaking me out gah!
fontgoddess chapter 6 . 6/15/2010
I'm actually up to chapter 26, but I'm re-reading the story now. I have to say that this chapter is one of the very best chapters in the entire story. Harry's interactions with Professor McGonagall in the sum of the story so far have led to some of amazing insights into both characters. After the chilling interaction Harry has with Quirrel in chapter 26, I'd like to humbly request some more McGonagall time to offset the horror of that chapter. McGonagall is the only character in the story that it seems that Harry could trust, respect, and learn from but is not, you know, murderous and evil. She's managed to leaven bits of his cold side with her wisdom, humanity, and empathy towards others, which this Harry lacks all too often. We have spent a large portion of the story with Harry dominant over other characters, especially with his experiments with Draco and his challenge to the Weasley twins. It's time for Harry to learn something new, or have his perspective shifted, and as a reader I desperately want him to learn something of that nature from McGonagall's pool of knowledge. I also think it's a good time in the story to again address that something is *wrong* with Harry, and he does have a dark side along with a disturbing lack of foresight of some of the truly terrible consequences of his more grandiose actions.
farwalker chapter 26 . 6/15/2010
OMG!

she was in the room.

I wasn't expecting roger Bacon. I was expecting the diary from COS. good job!

I love this Harry!
unnamed2 chapter 26 . 6/15/2010
gwern, check Chapter 25, Act 6. Skeeter had received an anonymous tip about business happening in Mary's Room, presumably from Quirrell himself.
23,771 | « Prev Page 1 .. 1,263 1,270 1,271 1,272 1273 1,274 1,275 1,276 1,283 .. Last Next »