Reviews for Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality
Toraffles chapter 70 . 2/24/2011
Um. Is it just me or do these girls sound incredibly foolish and silly?
ThatKyubiBrat chapter 70 . 2/24/2011
Really like Quirrel in this chapter, great job!
Aubri chapter 64 . 2/24/2011
Regarding the Matrix:

Cue me screaming.
Female heros chapter 70 . 2/24/2011
On Chapter 70: It feels more like an interlude than a real HPMOR chapter. I felt the same way about Hermione in the original Harry Potter trying to get the house elves to stand up for themselves; it felt preachy and/or like a parody of an actual protest.

In neither case was I very amused by the distraction, though in the HPMOR case, I'm hoping that HPMOR goes around a couple of turns that I'm not expecting to get back on an interesting trajectory. It wouldn't be the first time it surprised me.
Turtle Kid the Woolgatherer chapter 70 . 2/24/2011
I keep forgetting how funny the not-supposed-to-be-funny stuff actually is. Well, I mean, you probably wrote it purposefully funny, but in real life it would be considerably less funny until hindsight came into play.
DarkDreamer1982 chapter 70 . 2/24/2011
OMG! This is the BEST fan fic i have ever read. The way you mix the science and the magic, and huge points to you for using actual science and not just making it up to fit the story. I LOVE how you are combining all the hogwart years into one and just your overall story! Are you planning on ending this with his 1st year, or continuing through all years? Holy cow that would be a huge story, would probably have to start a new story for every year. Also, it seems to me that Quirrel is almost like how Tom Riddle would have been before he became Voldy and went crazy. He is like a rational sane Voldimort. If he is vodimort, that would definately give Harry someone to defeat to get let out of hogwarts, but it would make poor harry question so many more things about himself and everyone. Butm he is already questioning alot about Quirrel, so i guess it wouldn't too bad. And it would defiantely explain why he wanted to get Belitrix out, since the weasley's pet rat isnt wormtail. I cant wait to read the next chapter and everyone after it!
Neil chapter 70 . 2/24/2011
I feel like we're somehow moving away from the methods of rationality. Nobody seems to have solved a problem using research or reason in several chapters.
Sarshi chapter 70 . 2/24/2011
Timing! I was just feeling lonely and forlorn and I'd just had a fight in which I debated quite strongly for intelligence and reason as important aspects of life and found myself overwhelmed by arguments that couldn't be beaten. Mind you, when I say that, I don't mean that they were good arguments, or solid arguments, but 'because I'm telling you so' arguments. You can never beat those. Anyway, I was feeling all alone and melancholy in a world that went against brains when I saw that you posted. And reading it made my day after a lot of unmade days.

Minerva was brilliant with beating Albus at his own game there. Hermione - my heart feels for her. She's such a GOOD character that I really want to protect her and make sure that she doesn't get hurt and cynical before she can become strong.

Dumbledore... Dear gods. Isn't it amazing how when you're on a pedestal you can do virtually anything and people will interpret it as wise and correct? I've known a person who had those attributes, but a lot less of Dumbledore's good intentions and Cloud Cuckoolander tendencies. And it was *frightening* to see how everything he did/said was interpreted as being godly and awesome. Even when he sent women off to be prostitutes.

So I'd say I'm siding with Quirrell as far as mysterious old wizards go. Dangerous place to side oneself, but while you can be led on very dangerous grounds, indeed, at least you don't go there with your mind clogged by dreams and imaginary explanations as to how the world works. But I suppose cynicism and negativism have their bad sides and that they can also be quite-

Oh. Had a thought. May I please borrow Quirrell and throw him at the people who've been bothering me? Please? Pretty please?
Chelsea chapter 70 . 2/24/2011
this chapter was a little hard to understand at some points though, like i dont know what anyone was thinking really, or why they were thinking it. hermoine seems uncharictoristically silly here.
Chelsea chapter 47 . 2/24/2011
I think this is my favorite chapter
Chelsea chapter 69 . 2/24/2011
I hope you bring in tonks soon XD
Chelsea chapter 70 . 2/24/2011
oh no! silly girls being silly...
The French Dark Lord chapter 70 . 2/24/2011
Too bad I can't make it to NYC!

Keep up the good work!
josh148513 chapter 70 . 2/24/2011
Good chapter
josh148513 chapter 70 . 2/24/2011
Good chapter
30,549 | « Prev Page 1 .. 1,263 1,270 1,271 1,272 1273 1,274 1,275 1,276 1,283 .. Last Next »