Reviews for Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality
admiralskippy chapter 76 . 9/4/2011
WINNING
Iluivatar chapter 74 . 9/4/2011
I liked the Slayers reference.
farwalker chapter 76 . 9/4/2011
I loved the conversation with Harry and dumbledore. And draco's reflections.

And im really puzzled by the ghostly figure talking to Hermoine.
Reader123456789 chapter 21 . 9/4/2011
Funny Ending.
German chapter 76 . 9/4/2011
Nice chapter. I regret not seeing all versions because I had no time earlier in the day, they sound funny in the author's notes.

And just to show how little actual information we have I want to post an somewhat unrealistic but still possible theory:

Mr Incredibly Suspicious Person is Bellatrix Lestrange. She may have quickly recovered but that's not necessary, because we already know, that she can memory charm and illusion shouldn't be too difficult. She found Mr Hat and Cloak tormented him and now uses his disguise for a reason I don't know. But I also don't know why Quirrel should do this.

So I wait for the next chapters to reveal who this person is.
Darjeelings chapter 76 . 9/4/2011
My gosh, things are getting complicated.

Understanding everything reasonably enough: chapters 1 - 59

Point of slight Confusion: chapter 60

Shaking my head: chapter 61 (still don't understand how Harry bypassed the Time Turner limit)

Absolutely lost: whole Self Actualization arc

At least my brain carried me this far. You said this was a fic for adults, so I guess I can understand why I don't understand...

Looks like I need to reread.
Reader123456789 chapter 19 . 9/4/2011
Nice chapter! I liked it a lot.
ev11 chapter 76 . 9/4/2011
not sure if magical trolling or technomancy from the future... hmm anyway liked the chapter made a load of really good points that i wish the rest of the world would take notice of and understand but oh well another century maybe..
Randomsample chapter 76 . 9/4/2011
Good chapter, but I was a bit confused about the last sequence of events. It says:

"her body jerked around so fast it was like she had Apparated, she found that without any thought or any conscious decision her wand had leaped into her hand and was already pointed at..."

, but I thought she was already facing and pointing her wand at the mysterious figure? Did another mysterious figure appear behind her?
Larry Huss chapter 76 . 9/4/2011
Wonderful chapter. You don't like keeping things simple, do you?

A very nice way to explain why Dumbledore is both a good person, and a disastrous leader of the Light. In the course of events the quote "Violence is the last resort of the incompetent" often really means that if the people in charge had used violence in the proper form and in the proper time in the first (or perhaps second place) things would have been resolved before before things got so desperate.

Keep writing, please. I'm not a clever person, or a very logical one, so all the clues you've no doubt placed around with the answers to your enigmas still completely elude me, and I eagerly await the Reveal!

Yrs Larry Huss
iamnuff chapter 76 . 9/4/2011
was that last part of the last scene a memory charm?

shadowguy says: oh shit, shes on to me, better get another costume and try again.

i think shadow doesnt know nearly as much as he thinks he knows,

your phenix talk about albus is quite scary, in the old days he was a big powerful phenix, casting his light over the whole nation, protecting them, guarding them. then the dark came, but the dark cant hurt something so bright, so powerful, so it aimed for those around him, killing him by inches. till he was too old, too scared, too HURT, to fight back.

then voldemort died, BUT THE WAR DIDNT STOP. peope arnt dying in the streets anymore, but the death eater own the minister, the own the goverment. even albus admits hes on shaky ground. sitting there in his nest, casting what megear light he still dares on hogswarts. a old phenix ready to burn out

what happeneds when he's gone? when the death eater kick him out, or when he dies?

everyones smarter in your story, i doubt they would replace him with someone as incompetant as umbridge, like in canon.

get someone more subersive, bring the children around, give it 2-3 generations and they will be the ones running everything, teaching their kids what you taught them.

the dark wins.

its time for albus to decide is he REALLY a phenix, will he burn out, then come back, brighter than before, ready to protect?

or is he just a chicken?
James Firecat chapter 76 . 9/4/2011
Well this chapter more or less wraps up this particular segment pretty nicely or at least lays the groundwork for what is to come (whatever that may be) still not completely sure what Snape is up to, but then there's no fun if you always know what is going to come next.

Poor Miss Granger seems like she's about to learn a harsh lesson on the subject of magical "queens" and how they can be just as terrifying as they are beautiful if not now than at least some point down the line.

My only real fear at the moment though is that with this chapter posted you're done and it'll be a long time til we get another update or will there be another chapter in only three days?
Rispah chapter 76 . 9/4/2011
Just wanted to say I'm so happy you started updating again! I was worried that you'd just... stopped.

Can't wait to read the next installment!
LordThyGod chapter 21 . 9/4/2011
Kami, this is an absolutely mind bending story. I consider myself to be of above average intelegence (apart from my dreadful spelling abilities) but I find myself vexed at least once a chapter, often having to reread sections to decipher them. This is not due to poor writing but the shear amount of thinking that it provokes me into doing and my need to understand the pricipals being discussed. I thank you for reigniting the deep thinking part of my brain that I've let lie dormant for far too long.
Felix chapter 76 . 9/4/2011
OH MY GOD I'M SO EXCITED WHAT'S NEXT AHHHRGGGH
33,435 | « Prev Page 1 .. 1,267 1,274 1,275 1,276 1277 1,278 1,279 1,280 1,287 .. Last Next »