Reviews for Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality
Sayan Kotor chapter 46 . 9/5/2010
/clap

/bow
HearthBorn42 chapter 1 . 9/5/2010
Hey, great story, and very thought provoking! I'm seriously enjoying the concepts shown here, while giggling, laughing, smirking, and even chuckling over the interaction of the characters.

Quick request, though - could you create a second story under your account - 'Methods of Rational Author Notes'? I'd love to see these survive chapter(s) to chapter(s).

Thanks!
Majin Hentai X chapter 45 . 9/5/2010
For that moment Harry became one with the Dai-Gurren dan and all 11 Doctors.

You made me cry and I thank you.
Roman Davis chapter 46 . 9/5/2010
Looking forward to the sequel to this set of chapters that we can all see coming:

blog/2007/06/16/transhumanism-as-simplified-humanism/
William H. Stoddard chapter 46 . 9/5/2010
On rereading the latest four chapters, I believe you've shown us an important fact that's different in the timeline of your story and the timeline of Rowling's story: the emotion that Lily Potter felt as she died was not love, for Harry, but hate, for Voldemort. This might explain some important facts about this Harry.
SomeGuyFawkes chapter 43 . 9/5/2010
Man do I have a love/hate relationship with this story.

Sure, it's deeply flawed in parts of it's physics, metaphysics, and epistemology - from someone who sounds like he should know better - and suffers from "Clever Author Syndrome".

It twists canon, often brilliantly but sometimes in ways that create gaping plot holes for no reason - for example the butchered memory of Oct. 31, 1981.

Yet the narrative is excellent and gripping. Neat ideas, like a wand doubling as a feeding conduit for dementors, are like nuggets in the mud.

The humor, attitude and intelligence of the characters is a refreshing cut above the usual fanfic fare.

But agree or disagree with: plot points, McGuffins, and Chrome; this story makes one *think*.

Well done.
Jaxtopher chapter 46 . 9/5/2010
FUCK YOU, DEATH! Transhumanism in the house!

Fantastic chapter! The writing, the events, the plot development. And of course, a strong affirmation of lifeism. About the strongest I've seen yet in a work.
UncleFesterius chapter 46 . 9/5/2010
Excellent. I like where this story is going! Bravo, good sir, and keep up the good work!
jhonc chapter 46 . 9/5/2010
I have read this story from the begining; I just wanted to express my gratitude for writing this story and inform you that the beliefs you expouse in this story, rationality, belief in humanity, while all well documented and 'old' now, it is nice to hear them echoing even here on . I highly appreciate your efforts in writing, and wish you to know that you have gained a true fan of your writing works. Thank you for your hard work, and I, along with many others hope you will continue to update with rapidity.
wisecurledqueen chapter 46 . 9/5/2010
Thank you. So much. There was so much awesome in these past chapters that my brain has exploded. I have to say though... I cannot find a single flaw in this. None.

I also cannot wait for an update of this. Seriously. I love this.

-curledruler
Judah chapter 45 . 9/5/2010
Now this one was a totally awesome chapter. Great job.
Bojangles the 3rd chapter 45 . 9/5/2010
whoops new accounts can't send messages. NEVERTHELESS, FANART art/Harry-s-Human-Patronus-178241922

Harry's happy thought gave me tingles
Roman Davis chapter 45 . 9/5/2010
I smiled. I teared up. I still haven't quite caught my breath yet.

That was amazing.
Carumati chapter 46 . 9/5/2010
Wow... you just incorporated everything into this story, somehow, I get the feeling that you have a checklist close by as your writing this. It's amazing, truly. I'm guessing that Harry didn't describe what he saw because he saw it as a sign of weakness? His 'Dark side' wasn't that impressive, much, I would've expected him to draw a crowd and be so logically depressing that he made them all commit mass suicide. Great job!
Anonymous chapter 46 . 9/5/2010
I love you.

I love the benevolent intellect pervading your writing and your measured responses. I love your absolute conviction in human potential and the use of rationality, and I love your empathetic portrayal of all your characters; the way you colour your descriptions with emotional undertones-Dumbledore's compassion in seeing the Dementor as a thin, naked man, the childish innocence of a chocolate kiss.

I don't think you could possibly feel as confident as Harry in the future of humanity-personally, I think we're screwed. Way too many wackjobs holding the button to nuclear bombs, our facility in focusing on trivialities to the exclusion of serious issues, our inate selfishness. And rationality? Heck, I'm just an undergrad, but I read MacIntyre's 'After Virtue' and despaired. Besides, aren't we all too overemotional to overcome our petty issues with one another for a greater cause?

I hope whereever you are though, you're very happy with your own Hermione and a set of colleagues who thoroughly appreciate you. I hope you have a wonderful life.

I hope the inevitable fangirls on this site don't embarass you too badly with Mary Sue meets Eliezer fics, though I wouldn't hold my breath.
26,184 | « Prev Page 1 .. 1,287 1,294 1,295 1,296 1297 1,298 1,299 1,300 1,307 .. Last Next »