Reviews for Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality
Argency chapter 74 . 8/29/2011
It's the goosebumps that make this fic so incredible for me. There's something about Yudkowsky's description of the epic scenes that just makes my skin crawl in awe. When Tracey started intoning I had trouble sitting still. Ripper!
ironhair chapter 38 . 8/28/2011
well written lucius, though his declaration that his son is the world to him, was strongly done. Not used to that view of L.M.

Didn't quite get why D.M. reacted like that btw...
Daleu chapter 74 . 8/28/2011
Also, what's Hermione's reaction? I can see her being pretty angry at Harry and worried about him, since she should surely have deduced Quirrell's involvement and we know she is mistrustful of him.

Also, even though Harry was ostensibly only protecting Tracey, he really did arrange for all of them to be protected and she may worry that it could look again like he's doing things to anyone who threatens Hermione, which she earlier said she didn't want him to do after he scared Padma.

This chapter was fantastic. Apparently unlike some other reviewers, I've really enjoyed Self Actualisation, Plausible Deniability was a highlight, but this climactic chapter was the perhaps the best yet of the series.
ironhair chapter 36 . 8/28/2011
"You used up all the open space on my bookcases?"

lol, i know what that's like...

Liked the aftermaths of the kiss :p
Daleu chapter 74 . 8/28/2011
-"A message from your informant?" said Hermione, when Daphne told her. "That's odd - I

Ah, so Hermione has been getting further mysterious parchments under her pillow from Severus Snape since the first?

So I guess she's just assumed that Daphne has the same informant, when really Hermione has been (unknowingly) "letting" the time loops collapse into stability only when Millicent travels back to inform Daphne. Wait...

Anyway, I love how the end degenerates into a schoolyard playground argument: "TEACHER, TRACEY SAYS SHE STOLE MY SOUL, MAKE HER GIVE IT BACK."

Snape is angry because students (the "head bully") managed to locate and stun him? I was actually a little surprised that he didn't manage to block the spell, since he is supposed to be extremely powerful. Unless there's more to that bit than meets the eye.
irdgad chapter 74 . 8/28/2011
This chapter is much better than the previous ones. Its great to see Quirrell and Harry back in action. I got bored reading the last few chapters. Keep updating soon.
BobH-199 chapter 74 . 8/28/2011
Okay...he's back.

After a (very) long dry spell it's worth it again. Both the interaction with Professor Quirrell, which was excellent, and laughing to pee myself, "Tracey ate my sooouuul!", it's nice to see this again.

Welcome back!

Thanks!
liobi chapter 74 . 8/28/2011
Oh gosh.

"Professor Snaaaaaape! Tracey ate my sooouuul!"

Oh gosh ahahahahaha. Never stop writing. Please xD
Srangled Steps chapter 13 . 8/28/2011
was that just an elaborate way to make me lose the game? if so, it worked.
Siathryn chapter 5 . 8/28/2011
I don't think I've ever laughed as much reading a story as I did just now. Harry and Draco's interaction was golden and the reactions of Lucius and McGonagall to them was hillarious. Each chapter has been getting better from the last and I really hope that trend continues.

Thank you for giving me a very entertaining way to end my evening.

~Siathryn
ironhair chapter 35 . 8/28/2011
harry's alleged 1st wish reminded me of Q's final purpose as per canon (Your engaging story just made me plain forget certain basic things)...

If the weasley twins could get to the mirror that easily, why can't Q who's an experienced battle wizard AND an accomplished Occlumency expert who can easily fool the mirror?

I mean even if he can't fool the mirror, what's he waiting for? An opportunity to learn all he can about potter?
Solstice of Life chapter 74 . 8/28/2011
I love you. That is all I can say about the sheer awesomeness of this story.
Ephemeral-Nightboy chapter 74 . 8/28/2011
I love the irony here.

["He wants a girl willing to channel his dread powers, that's what he wants."]

Tracy may be more correct here than she realizes, since Harry's "dread power" is actually Rational Thought, which Hermione does indeed "channel" better and more willingly than any other girl he knows. And that would obviously be something that Harry looks for in a partner.

Funny. Was that intentional?
sizuka2 chapter 74 . 8/28/2011
Dumbledore thinks Daphne needed hidden help to pull off her comeback against Jaime. Theory: Snape has always been there,helping out deniably (but not mentioning it to Dumbledore - he only denied helping in the HP summons)... probably legilimizing and using that memory-charmed Slytherin Prefect to tap the message system to know when to intervene. Tonks was there after, and now finally Quirrell. Sphew has BACKUP.
narutonejii chapter 19 . 8/28/2011
Delayed gratification indeed...

for that chapter. I think you taught me a lesson as well. About losing and not always having to win. I appreciate that.
33,213 | « Prev Page 1 .. 1,288 1,295 1,296 1,297 1298 1,299 1,300 1,301 1,308 .. Last Next »