Reviews for Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality
cross-over-lover232 chapter 47 . 1/16/2011
get told your salazairs heir and the frist thing you think is snakes are seniet?oy vay
Tripoli chapter 67 . 1/16/2011
Just wanted to say, love this fic. "Even after eight centuries, Hogwarts was still a little shy about changing in front of people" is (in context) one of the funniest lines I have ever read.
Reader chapter 66 . 1/15/2011
Have good time in Oxford!

I eventually liked chapters 66 and 67, after reading them several times. Not much humour, Hermione loses too quickly, Harry wins too easily, but he has to learn to win these battles if he is going to face the You-Know-Who.

Glad that Neville isn't bitter with Harry over Harry's refusal to fight Bellatrix. Maybe, Neville will be one of those who will help Harry to fight the Dark Lord.

Thankful that Harry didn't go along with Quirrell. Though, it's quite difficult to understand why the spectacle is risky and insane in the case the Dark Lord is dead. Let me see...

If the Dark Lord is dead and somebody proves it, he will show easily the falseness of spectacle?

If somebody (like Lucius) knows/proves that Bellatrix escaped with help of Harry and not the Dark Lord, then Bellatrix together with the Dark Lord is the weak point of the spectacle?

If the spectacle is shown to be false in any way, Harry will not be trusted by the Light Side again?

If Harry doesn't want to be evil, he needs to tune down the false alarm, to prove that the Dark Lord is dead, and the spectacle doesn't help at all because it will not stand any thorough examination?

Any future meeting of Harry Potter and Bellatrix will upset Bellatrix because Bellatrix (unlike all the people around) will (most likely) think Harry to be the true Dark Lord? Maybe, this "revelation" was the whole point of spectacle? To put Harry into position of becoming the Dark Lord, no matter what he thinks he wants?

And I'm not sure still that the battle will be won by Harry. He will need more confusion for Dragons and Sunshine to win them. The trick with changing voice (Neville used it in one of previous battles) was a good one, by the way. Are any other soldiers of Chaos able to cast powerful spells, by the way?

Well, what about Neville and Harry disillusioning, getting in the middle of Dragons, and starting to hit them quickly (unexpected, unseen, and protected against sleep hexes) while Chaos soldiers cast the spells they can and create whatever chaos they prefer?

What about Chaos pretending to be attacked by Sunshine from behind (as Dragons would be glad to think), running away, causing Dragons to follow them without protective shields, and then, the Dragons are between turning back Chaos soldiers and the Sunshine soldiers which turn out to be Chaos, too?

Or, if the Dragons are too tired to put themselves between Chaos and Sunshine, let Chaos soldiers run out of sight and then start gaming the compasses. What direction will compass point when there are two equal contingents?

I'm not imaginative enough, I know.

The Super Hufflepuff is a general of an army? What army?

"A strange old shop... in Oxford... and I'm never... shopping there... again."

Why will Harry never be shopping in it again?

I hope that after the battle:

1. all students in Hogwarts will be actively practising duelling;

2. Chaos Legion will be the winner (though I think it would be good to reduce the Harry's arrogance by making somebody else in Chaos the last standing soldier);

3. something interesting happens about Zabini (and I think the black hat was the Head of Slytherin), he shouldn't be a use-once character;

4. Harry gets around to asking Dumbledore why he thinks that the Dark Lord is alive;

5. Harry doesn't forget that he promised to Draco to find and kill the person responsible for his mother's death (burned alive...);

6. Harry should have visited the third floor corridor by now at least once; in any case, the corridor was forgotten for too long time, you should mention it again soon;

7. the Chamber of Secrets and Bacon's diary and Lily's Potions' textbook should also be investigated; though I cannot guess how can Bacon's diary be related to anything important at all; but you have thought it through already.

There are so many sub-plots, that they cannot even be listed here; your chapters are quite unpredictable, and the unpredictability is welcome as real life isn't one black-and-white plot.

The title Self-Actualisation explains "arrogance-coolness-invincibleness" of Harry well, but you need to show the problems confronting him.

And don't forget about the Bayesian Conspiracy.

Harry should be confronted with something he doesn't expect soon, because the way he controls everything is dull for everybody including him. And there should be more news about the Order of Phoenix and its progress. And Bellatrix. And Sirius Black. And Severus Snape.

And Harry's parents are coming to Hogwarts for Easter. Hogwarts will confuse them a lot, especially Harry's father!

Hope some more science discoveries are coming, besides the Partial Transfiguration.
all the happy memories chapter 66 . 1/15/2011
me again. another possible reason for the reloads: im drunkenly copy pasta-ing the last chapter into a file for festival to read to me while i collapse- that would take 2 reloads if i _werent_ drunk :P
cross-over-lover232 chapter 10 . 1/15/2011
oh that hat sure knows how to put a scare on some body dosent he?::snickers::
sensoray chapter 67 . 1/15/2011
yay! i think its so cool that you thought of making those three armies and i love reading their fights...cant wait till the next chapter!
KelliniPenguini chapter 29 . 1/15/2011
um, im not quite sure how to review this without sounding incredibly dumb in comparison.
Unfortunately Lacking chapter 5 . 1/15/2011
The character is the perfect mix of intellectual charm, general irritability and many different scientific and economic terms. With around 10000 reviews, I doubt you'll ever get up to mine, but good work all around here. I'll keep reading, and feeling bad that my only review failed to even break 1000 characters. Still, every sentence tackily added on just gets me closer.

(Slightly ambiguous with the name, it's my name that's lacking, not your story. Good work, and whatever characters)
uo-chou chapter 67 . 1/15/2011
Awesome.
cross-over-lover232 chapter 5 . 1/15/2011
::blinks::ohh my goodness i hope theres a chapter detailing what went down with drakie and his dads!
aoeroihbfinhaefpguaeopritqt chapter 30 . 1/15/2011
this story was really good- until now

ew. This chapter totally ruined all my respect with the wtf moment Hermione winning?

She will NEVER be that power-hungry and backstabbing her best friend, in this story she seems to lose all her humanitry (as in canon) and now it's pissing me off. come on, and Hermione seems too perfect and overconfident that sometimes just gets on my nerves- it takes away from the story.

as well, everything after chap say 16, have just gone bazaar and wayyy too OOC- even for your Harry. I mean they're only first years, and going on adventures EVERYDAY?

I really hope the rest of this story will tone down a bit and with more logic put on the PLOT as to Harry's scientific knowledge. I'll give it one more try and pray i didn't waste the last day (and night) for nothing
cross-over-lover232 chapter 2 . 1/15/2011
oh gosh...purple smoke, plage of flameing sebras?::blink and snickers::man i will review any chapter that makes me laugh like that again!
MaxManuka chapter 18 . 1/15/2011
I. Dont. Even.

...

I'm gonna stop for now as I'm told chapter 19 is quite high on the WTF-Scale.

But boy is it hard to put this story down.

If anything, I like how unpredictable it is.

I don't know if I can make it through to the end, but for now I'm glad to have read to here. It's been a fascinating ride :). And I hope I'll enjoy future chapters as well, we'll see :D.
draconlord chapter 67 . 1/15/2011
I would like to say, once again, that this is quite possibly the most brilliant piece of fiction I've read in years. Especially adding the Uncertainty principle to Hogwarts (though, if I remember correctly, it was hinted at much earlier)

"Charm of the Most Ancient Blade, it's only legal for Noble and Most Ancient Houses to use"

Hah! Love that hypocrisy nod there...

ie, it's so obviously illogical and intangible to the plot that it's actually quite funny.

Thanks for making my day great!
gg2 chapter 67 . 1/15/2011
i've been reading it for a while probably since the first chapter can't be sure

All i can say is please listen to your instincts this story is going against the first lovely chapters i think its winding down and your not letting it.

I mean to me the last few chapters didn't confuse me cuz science does that to me and well i hope that am wrong Why do i think these few chapters are written by a different person or perspective I hope things pick up for you

GG2
30,066 | « Prev Page 1 .. 1,288 1,295 1,296 1,297 1298 1,299 1,300 1,301 1,308 .. Last Next »