Reviews for Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality
surlyjo chapter 5 . 6/15/2011
"I am going there," she said, pointing at a building across the street which showed the sign of a wooden keg, "and buying a drink, which I desperately need. You are to get fitted for your robes, nothing else. I will come back to check up on you shortly, and I expect to find Madam Malkin's shop still standing and not in any way on fire."

Ahahahahahah! Hilarious!

The exchange between Draco and Harry was AWESOME and Harry's first salvo-"THE Draco Malfoy"-was inspired.
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWQYZ1234 chapter 8 . 6/15/2011
Just a fact I remembered about the last chapter.

Scabbers is dead? Sirius wont escape? I love Sirius please tell me that in the future chapters harry discovers that Sirius was charged without a trial! Harry needs Sirius because hes too grown up for his own damn good!

Anyway I am going to read now.

the 2-4-6 task was really good! I enjoyed that but I have to admit I am already finding Hermione annoying... hopefully if the relationship grows between them, she ill become more of a friend but I will just have to wait and see.

The ending was great! I hope Harry helps Neville with his timidness and I will love to see what Harry will say to the prefects! I can just imagine him shouting something about 'not wanting to join Griffindor because he isn't worthy' that would be hilarious!
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWQYZ1234 chapter 7 . 6/15/2011
The section with the drink (forgot the name) was really amusing and I liked how you changed the topic into the bid discussion about muggle and magic between Harry and Draco. Draco's obliviousness to the achievements of muggle's was quite amusing. I like the fact you made Harry's Manipulative side shine through and it was very clever of you to skip the sorting and talk in Draco's POV!

I have to read the next chapter to find out what house harry was put in!

As always fantastic work!

P.S I also liked your description of muggle science and how it can be used to save wizards and even if magic did die out it wouldn't be the end of humanity like the wizarding world seems to think. Its is probably one of the best descriptions I have found that describe this because is shows the strengths of both the muggle and wizarding world, most fan fictions I read with this sort of genre (excluding the super smart Harry twist) are biased to one side of the world, they are either completely against the wizarding world or the muggle one.

Kudos to you! (I have always wanted to say that and its probably not even in the right context :L)
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWQYZ1234 chapter 6 . 6/15/2011
I have to admit the comment about Hermione at the end made me worry a bit. Is she going to be like a super genius too? I dont know if I could handle Hermione a super smart (more that she already is) :L

I like the points you have already highlighted about the wizarding worlds... failures? or whatever there called.

Although I don't fully understand the currency problem that Harry was talking about in the previous chapter I think it will be interesting to see how his plans for world optimization come into play :)

That an amazing quote by the way :L

good work!
X-elemental chapter 17 . 6/15/2011
I love how "DO NOT MESS WITH TIME" is the only stable time loop where the time stops looping for the poor piece of paper. Yes, it is newly ripped every time, but...One might tread if in one time loop something happened that was inevitable to happen sooner or later, and thus locked Harry out without answer.

Also, excellent story(not the best emotionally intense, but I really had to think about parts of it). Might as well fav it.
Guest chapter 72 . 6/15/2011
Congratulations on being the number one most reviewed HP fanfic, before I say anything else. I expect you'll hit number one most reviewed fanfic period before Harry has finished his first year!

This story is extremely engaging in a "I-should-be-studying-but-I'm-going-to-read-another-chapter-instead" kind of way. Shame on you for sabotaging my education, honestly. I have to say I think the common criticisms of this story are very legitimate - the characters are OOC and Harry resembles, well, you more than an AU Harry Potter - but it's entertaining and my favourite part of Harry Potter was always the world itself and not the characters in it so it's extremely easy to not care and love this story anyway. And I do.

Harry is fantastic, Hermione is double fantastic and Quirrelmort (judging from this story's track record, he'll probably end up being Harry/Dumbledore/Sirius Black/Santa Claus/Jesus or all of the above but a part of me still really hopes he's Voldemort in some way at least) is also fantastic. Also Daphne! I definitely love Daphne. And Draco. And that girl with a crush on Snape. I'm just going to stop now before I list every character in the story.

The idea of the armies is amazing and really fun to read about. And the whole story is just good. And I'm sort of babbling incoherently at this point so I'll just stop. I half-plan to try reading the Sequences you suggested over summer, though a lot of it seems pretty much common sense to me and they are awfully, awfully long. But we'll see. So yeah. Well done! (Can I just say that I really love that someone so respected as a rationalist writes fanfiction? Next time someone tells me that fanfiction is for moronic sixteen year-old-girls, I'll point them in your direction.)

One minor issue, I vaguely recall that in one of your chapters, Professor Sinistra describes herself as "coloured". You might want to change that, despite the possible argument that wizards would use less PC language, because it can be quite jarring and a little offensive to see someone describe themselves as "coloured". I don't know, I respect that there's probably a reason for it but... it's still quite discomforting.

But thank you for writing such an entertaining story. It's a great read.
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWQYZ1234 chapter 5 . 6/15/2011
I cant stop laughing over the Draco Malfoy scene! Pure Genius!
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWQYZ1234 chapter 4 . 6/15/2011
The quote at the beginning is amazing! Is it your own? - in fact stupid question you would have written the name of the person who said it if it wasn't.
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWQYZ1234 chapter 3 . 6/15/2011
I like the rule of 'If you see a bookshop you have never been in before you have to take a look around' :L

I also like the fact that Harry was told in greater detail of the crimes of Lord Voldemort rather than it being sugar coated like then Hagrid told him.
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWQYZ1234 chapter 2 . 6/15/2011
This is a really good fic, even though I have no idea what Harry is talking about most of the time... I think I am going to read those 'sequences' you have a link to on your author page... so I can understand what Harry is talking about.
walkinonwater chapter 72 . 6/14/2011
Amazing fic. I went camping and couldn't stop reading so I printed out some chapters.
Zaru chapter 8 . 6/14/2011
Mpreg? That's a joke right? Is the pairing HarryxHermoine? Please let it be so!

Report to me back on this stat! Please! I don't want a fic as good as this mired in that!
Guest chapter 64 . 6/14/2011
LOL I LOVE THE HAMLEAT 1!

THE REST WERE OK

TWILIGHT WAS RATHER STUPID
KAHNDetective27 chapter 5 . 6/14/2011
OMG I was laughing so hard as I read this chapter. Rational!Harry is probably my new favorite character of all time and I love how you got the kiss-ass progression going on near the end. This is so funny and I like Rational!Harry as much as I can like a manufactured genius. lol. I can't wait to get caught up.
cubie chapter 22 . 6/14/2011
Merci pour cette merveilleuse fic :)

I love it (even if I don't understand everything, I learn lot of English word thanks to you haha )

Thanks to you
32,256 | « Prev Page 1 .. 1,288 1,295 1,296 1,297 1298 1,299 1,300 1,301 1,308 .. Last Next »