Reviews for Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality
xHawke chapter 122 . 3/16
Thanks for the great ride/read. From the day you started, this has been my favorite fanfic.
s-david-m chapter 122 . 3/16
Very nice ending. I didn't find it entirely clear why Harry had such trouble declaring his next steps in previous chapters, but this chapter cleared that up.

It seems Harry has a history of undervaluing unknown unknowns, despite numerous examples to the contrary as he reviews here. Voldemort shared the same flaw. Good to see he's learned a bit of humility and caution.

I'd love to read an epilogue one day, where Hermione learns the truth, or perhaps when the statute of secrecy is finally repealed.
I cried. This was the most beautiful, thank you so much for this.
klhes chapter 122 . 3/16
Death of Sir Terry and the end of hpmor so short after...
Will there be anything new worth reading?
Helgi of Lipetsk chapter 122 . 3/16
Actually, Hermione's taking an Unbreakable Vow not to do anything that might destroy the world jeopardizes Harry's ability to consult with her on matters where his Vow seems to lead to the destruction of the world so that he must consult her on putting his Vow aside. Thus, his original Vow seems to *prohibit* him binding her that way.
anonymous chapter 122 . 3/16
Eh, the making sirius evil and that dick pettigrew good kinda soured the ending for me a bit
and Dumbledores not dead but harry gives no thoughts about rescuing him srsly

other than thta it was good
carowren chapter 5 . 3/16
This chapter was so god damn funny and completely unexpected. Best meeting between Harry and Draco ever.
carowren chapter 2 . 3/16
"Fine, I won't bite anyone who doesn't bite me first." So cute. He's going to end up biting a ton of DADA teachers.
SUCH A GOOD BEGINNING. I love that Harry has a far far better family now. He deserves a better childhood than the one he got stuck with. And yet, he still feels the need to prove himself to his Professor father. Adults so often treat children and teens this way, with little respect. I'm so intrigued already. And yeah! Dumbles should have sent someone to Harry. I'd like to hear JK's rationale behind that one. (ummm plot not logic) Also, if Harry was supposed to have been told about the wizarding world by Petunia, why did Ms Figg keep her squid status secret until book 5? She could have been helping him learn about the wizarding world for years!
Greg chapter 122 . 3/16
WTFs:
1: You started messing with canon WRT Sirius Black and Peter Pettigrew back in chapter 7. It's been a point brought up multiple times since then, as late as chapter 119. And no resolution? No "Something to Protect, Sirius Black"? No paragraph of thought by Harry on the things he got wrong on that one, and the fact that "makes sense" ! "true"?

2: What was the destruction of the pet rock about? Why in the world did you make that up, only to have it not mean anything?

3: Having Hermione swear an Unbreakable Oath is a really bad idea, and nothing Harry swore requires him to have her do that (no obligation for positive action). He is bound. Having her not bound leaves her as a free actor, available when necessary.

Egoboo
1: Other than your decision to not fire a bunch of the guns you placed on the wall, and your hideously bad decision to post that "final exam threat", this was a good story. I enjoyed reading it, and now that it's over, and Hermione is back, I will recommend it to other people.

Lord Tangerine chapter 122 . 3/15
That was awesome! Thanks for your hard work and bringing enjoyment to so many readers.

You should totally write another story with a Rationalist! main character - it's be hugely successful. Maybe try a different fandom this time... maybe Buffyverse, Fate/Stay Night, or Bleach perhaps?
Spidey-phd chapter 122 . 3/15
Death is not an event in life. We do not live to experience death. If we take eternity to mean not infinite temporal duration but timelessness, then eternal life belongs to those who live in the present.

Ludwig Wittgenstein
75th chapter 108 . 3/15
So, I think my guess is that the "You're welcome" I owe you is not for anything that appears in the story itself. But if it *is*, Chapter 108 is my best candidate. And if you still won't say, that's fine, too.
KOTORgeek13 chapter 8 . 3/15
This story... There are no adjectives to describe it. That's a good thing tho. Harry x Hermione!
LauraDragon chapter 38 . 3/15
And, how many times have you heard Draco shriek in horror, exactly?
29,649 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 23 .. Last Next »