Reviews for Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality
Pentecost chapter 65 . 1/3/2011
I like it. Good chapter.
Psilontech chapter 64 . 1/3/2011
Glorious.

I - I really want to see more of LORD OF RATIONALITY. The idea is stuck in my mind now, and I love it.
OctopusByStarlight chapter 2 . 1/3/2011
HAhA the cat part is awesome.

Heck, I love this entire chapter. (Haha, big surprise there.)

Awesome awesome awesome. I especially love all of the little details you put in (for example, how the parents have to leave in order to laugh).
Jasper chapter 65 . 1/3/2011
Ahh! A long awaited chapter, and very enjoyable. The tone is still pretty heavy, which is completely appropriate for the story at the moment, but I do miss the humor of the earlier chapters.
Jalen Strix chapter 64 . 1/3/2011
:: falls over laughing at the Erdos in Chains ::

Oh yes, the waves of science radiating off him... :: wipes tear from eye :: Just... yes. I enjoy all of your FF stuff immensely, but this was really quite priceless.
ilikebluepineapples chapter 64 . 1/3/2011
Most badass Bella ever.

I must admit the LotR one didn't hold my attention enough for me to finish it, but the others were awesome.
MMMMMMMA chapter 65 . 1/3/2011
Awesome that you're back. I won't pressure you into a hard to keep writing schedule by saying this: after two weeks of detox without a regular hpmor fix i stopped being dependent. When the new chapter came out I was all 'nice, going to read this right now' and I enjoyed it immensely, but I'm no longer obsessively checking the page every few hours.

Your anti-procrastination submission to was awesome too btw.

I'm going to donate to the Singularity Insttitute, just so I'll make sure that sooner or later you'll start writing an equally awesome Culture fanfic. And I'll be around to read it. On Mars.
Violet Shadows chapter 64 . 1/3/2011
TENGEN TOPPEN GURREN RATIONALITY 40K: please.
Raemon777 chapter 65 . 1/3/2011
I hope Harry does not pursue this avenue with Quirrel for long, or manages to subvert it into something that zigs sideways. I was fine with Harry going to Azkaban because it wasn't any stupider than the things he does in the original story and the whole plot had built up to it and I didn't expect it to go on for that long.

I'm still willing to buy that it's plausible for Harry to continue to work with Quirrel, because he clearly knows its dangerous and is evaluating it as such, and there are enough surrounding factors that, even though doing so IS pretty obviously the wrong thing to do, Harry has emotional reasons to do it anyway.

But although I can buy it making sense for Harry to decide to go with it, I'm not sure I can actually continue to root for him much longer if that's the case. It's just too big a disconnect between me and the character.

Also, while I understand the necessity of Harry becoming hardened and pulling away, I hope the story focuses some more on Hermione and her other friends in the mean time, to try and maintain some of the warmth we're losing.
OctopusByStarlight chapter 1 . 1/3/2011
Oh wow, I love this! Your writing is phenomenal, and I absolutely love the way you ended it. "Then a boy's voice said, calmly and quietly, 'What.' "

My good friend suggested it to me, and I put off on starting to read it for a really long time because I was busy (and still am), but now I'm afraid I won't be able to stop reading. It'll take a lot of effort to pull myself away. Just sayingg.
Stygian Styx chapter 65 . 1/3/2011
Great chapter!
gwern chapter 64 . 1/3/2011
"Have withstood fear to admit many errors

But this brain cannot find everything

My whole life has been...

Unlimited Bayes Works!"

Oh Eliezer, why, why? Why couldn't you just have used your original version ( /lw/ya/normal_ending_last_tears_68/qvc)?

'But this brain cannot find everything' is just terrible compared to 'This is the one uncertain path' and 'withstood pain' is both more general and more faithful than 'withstood fear'.
Kitty chapter 65 . 1/3/2011
As sad as it is to admit, I was one of those people who obsessively checked for updates. So, thank you very much for saying you will only update on 7PM pacific time.
Eclipse1234 chapter 65 . 1/3/2011
Welcome back
ejhawman chapter 64 . 1/3/2011
A new omake! Seeing how different works would have been affected by the presence of more intelligent/cleverer characters on all sides...

LOTR - you have Tolkein's style down. The direction the discussion goes can be seen well before the end - maybe I'm getting good at this sort of thinking. Yes, SOMEONE must use the Ring to find out what to do, and then it comes down to how well they can execute the plan - at some point someone will be weak or make a mistake, and there will be drama.

Narnia - points out how Aslan's behavior looks like he's just playing games. And, by extension, how God seems to play games with mortals, designing us to live in the wilderness and then making us jump through hoops to live as civilized beings when He could have just crafted us as a civilized species from the start.

Haven't read the whatever in Chains thing, but it looks like tis omake should be hilarious.

Thundercats may have an interstellar ship, but it's wrecked. I forget - were they hoping to return home? If they weren't going to use their drive again, they could probably rig it into a nuke.

If He-Man is smart, does he look more like some edition of the Leader, from the Hulk comics, with super-big brains instead of muscles? And Skeletor would have to be smarter to match. Kiddies wouldn't be able to follow the battles.

Cop-out on Gurren Lagann! And 40K! ARGH! Make that your second FFnet story!

The major drawback of vampires is, they're DEAD. Bella's child is a special case - a whole book about figuring out its status. I suppose if the whole human race were to go vamp, there would be no more children, and after a few million years at most the vamps would be down to a few dozen - they can be destroyed, certainly there would be losses. There would still have to be a few breeding humans under the Vampire Lords - other authors have explored that, though I find it hard to find a story in that vein that goes on very long. Feh.

Reading the main chapter tomorrow.
29,689 | « Prev Page 1 .. 1,290 1,297 1,298 1,299 1300 1,301 1,302 1,303 1,310 .. Last Next »