Reviews for Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality
Sandy Popstar Pickeltry chapter 23 . 6/6/2010
I knew you could do it, my sweet lover of 40 days! I knew you could provide me with such gracious a chapter! Your unhealthy obsession with Dune, (two references throughout the story) is quite worrying, but as long as we make sweet hot and spicey love tonite, it'll be aaaaaaaaaall riiiiiiiiiite
qtar1984 chapter 22 . 6/6/2010
Also there is another thing you should consider. There is in fact a gene that is associated with being great at anything in general. and this could be a factor magical strength and skill.
Arkh Cthuul chapter 2 . 6/6/2010
This was a VERY funny chapter.

Promising indeed.
Baughn chapter 23 . 6/6/2010
That worked. I suppose he doesn't know any stunning or binding spells?
qtar1984 chapter 23 . 6/6/2010
Problem with you're theory, it should be impossible for wizards to have squib children. if being magical is a recessive trait relying on only one gene like blue eyes is then if both parents are magical then all children are also magical because two MM gene parents would always have MM gene kids. in cannon there are squibs born from two wizarding parents.
Arkh Cthuul chapter 1 . 6/6/2010
Stumbled over this fic by accident and have to say, this chapter was a promising start.

I am intrigued.
Sarah chapter 23 . 6/6/2010
haha, for new readers, you might want to add 'professor of.." or they might assume she married Flitwick or Snape...

...3 I love your Draco. I mean to say, he's kind of how you wanted cannon-Draco to be.

When Harry dropped the hacksaw, I thought he'd cut off his hand. e.e I'm sure it could be regrown, but it made me wince for that second.

Oh Flitwick! Yay!

And like I've said before - I like that Harry's knowledge is believably that of an 11 year old. It's annoying when Harry is a prodigy, but doing stuff that adult prodigy's would be doing.

Thanks for the two updates! They were interesting.
phoebe turner chapter 23 . 6/6/2010
i loved it!
Larry Huss chapter 23 . 6/6/2010
You do a mean (well writen) Draco.

You have also brought up a good point for future plot developement, how will draco handle his father.

Nice way to show the differnce between the D&D character stats of IQ (intellegence) and Wisdom. Harry's got IQ to spare, but only an 11 yr old's wisdom.

yrs. L. Huss
Animekitty47 chapter 23 . 6/6/2010
Woah. Just...wow. Well...the make up scene between those two is gonna be interesting, huh? I wonder if you'll have a teacher/Madam Pomfrey examining Harry's hand...and how he's going to get out of that with Draco being expelled. Draco calling science a ritual was surprisingly amusing. Hmmm, how did Flitwick know where Harry was? Gah. Also, since you're going by the one gene theory (for now?) would squibs just be muggles?
Bel e Muir chapter 23 . 6/6/2010
I liked the part of this chapter from the moment Draco left Harry alone while he was being tortured. The Dune reference made it truly special :)

Gom jabbar - a test to check one's humanity, because only human can withstand pain without taking his/hers hand off, anything just to make the pain go away. And Harry thought about that, too, but because his hand was numb for a part of time, he didn't have to make a choice, not really. He was rescued just before pain returned. So, is he a human, or an animal? :)

I also liked Draco behavior. His decisions, his actions just fit - he wouldn't rescue Harry from the pain; from death maybe, but certainly not the pain. Not after 11 years of listening to his Death Eater father and only after a few months of Harry's trying to undo that influence. That's why I think Draco was so believable in this chapter.

Thanks for this story and a new chapter as well. Hope to hear (read) from you soon! :)
OjM chapter 1 . 6/6/2010
Tell me if I'm wrong, but isn't this all wrong? Now they actually PROVED, that wizards marrying muggles and squibs harm magic, by not making wizards weaker, but getting more and more non-wizard kids. So if every wizard would just marry muggles with no magic at all, their kids would not be wizards, and that's exactly what they are trying to make not happen!

So Draco is wrong by thinking that DeathEaters are doing that in vain. Only pureblood families would flourish, as they would all be wizards.
Apocalypse chapter 23 . 6/6/2010
Umm end of the universe, anyone?
Adam Shea chapter 23 . 6/6/2010
"Gom Jabbar"? Really? The Gob Jabbar was the poisoned needle (ref: when Alia kills Baron Harkkonnen). The pain box wasn't given a fancy name.
Loonynamelass chapter 23 . 6/6/2010
Your characterization of Draco is fantastic. I can't wait for the next chapter.

I'm also very relieved that mudbloods are no worse than purebloods... Yeah, I know, it's a given, I suppose, but I couldn't help simply getting caught up in Harry's "all you beliefs could be denied, and you have to accept the evidence."

Finally, your definitions of squibs, muggles, and wizards really confuse me.

As far as I've gathered from the seven books:

Muggle-nonmagical human

Squib-nonmagical human born to two wizards which may have residual magical properties that are stimulated by Kwikspell.

Wizard- magical being.

By this, it really doesn't make sense to me for anything but a squib or muggle to be born to two magical people.

Just for imagery, I'd like to ponder the genomes in this below...

MM MM MM (but pureblood wizards can have squibs)

MO MO MM, MO, MO, OO

OO MM MO (but muggles who marry wizards do sometimes have wizard children that aren't squibs)

OO OO OO (but what about muggleborns?)

Although I'm relieved that they arrived at their definitive conclusion, I simply can't grasp how yet. Perhaps I'll reread that part of the chapter or something when I've more time.
23,757 | « Prev Page 1 .. 1,291 1,298 1,299 1,300 1301 1,302 1,303 1,304 1,311 .. Last Next »