Reviews for Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality
Jozern chapter 15 . 1/5/2011
I love this. I also love and worship my friend whom linked this to me. I really hope Harry and Hermione will end up togeather in your story. ARRRGG MUST READ!
ev chapter 65 . 1/5/2011
Great chapter. I feel like Hermione will do something ridiculously Gryffindor soon, after her interaction with Fawkes!
Gastogh chapter 5 . 1/5/2011
Oh god. Pure genius. "Why don't you go back and have another drink?" I think I could use one, right about now. I wanna toast where this story is going.

Faved. Hard.
skeptic7 chapter 65 . 1/5/2011
Great. I love the ways that lies multiply and I love the ways that Harry refers to alternate medicine. I wish Harry could be kinder to Hagrid. How did the headmaster get Peter Pevensie and Cameron Edward killed? Is this Peter from "The Lion and the Witch and the Warddrobe?"
K chapter 64 . 1/5/2011
... just another werewolf with...

I love you forever.

(Disclaimer: This is merely Internet forever, which at current conversion rates comes to ... 13 days 3 hours 25 minutes 49.6274(33) seconds.)
braindoll chapter 65 . 1/5/2011
I understand that Harry has had a very tough experience, and that it's reasonable for him to become more driven and less warm. Asking for 30 hour days is a good idea - though I'd suspect that keeping it to 28 hours, with 2 hours available for an emergency, would be wiser; and though I wonder why, if potions can change his sleep schedule, he was given a time-turner instead in the first place.

But his rejection of Hagrid is a mistake, and one which makes him less sympathetic. With Dumbledore, McGonagall, Draco, and Quirrel all aware of his parseltongue, he should at best be making no plans which rely on keeping that secret from Voldemort. To reject a potential ally, with unknown powers and knowledge, in order to preserve an uncertain but limited secrecy and potential for plotting... that's hardly defensible, even for a Quirrel-style plotter. To do so despite the separate good of being nice to someone who was nice to you as a baby, and to do so in a way which weakens your mutual sympathy with an important, trusted, and reasonably-powerful ally (McGonagall)... that's a dark-style mistake, not one I'd expect from warm!Harry.
Pathatlon chapter 65 . 1/5/2011
The plot thickens. Love it!
Dreamer In Silico chapter 47 . 1/5/2011
Going to poke my head up for air now, again at 4 AM, and let you know that your story continues to rock my socks off.

All the business with the battles was absolutely brilliant, and the Dementor/Patronus segment was also excellent and very fitting.

And I must also tell you that the final segment in chapter 47, where Draco explains to Harry that he is the Heir of Slytherin, and Harry's first response is "SNAKES ARE SENTIENT?" just about made me choke on my Comed-Tea-I-mean-water. (For that to be the first thing Harry freaked out about regarding Draco's statement was absolutely priceless, and of course completely appropriate for your Harry.)
Oscar the Grouch chapter 65 . 1/5/2011
Love this
Boticelli Puzzle chapter 65 . 1/5/2011
I've just finished reading the entire story over the course of about three days. This fic is all I have talked about to anyone. Teachers, fellow students, anyone who has expressed a mild interest in Harry Potter ever is getting an earful about Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality.

You manage to convince the reader that this is still Harry, regardless of his heightened intellect and/or interest in learning. His interaction with the world around him is radically different yet still believable, and I adore the sly digs at canon that crop up now and again.

The thinking is incredibly engaging - the unraveling of the mysteries that face him through logic. The fact that he thinks his way through issues (in the latest chapter, for instance, the issue with phoenixes). It's insightfully enthralling, and really does encourage rationality and deeper thinking. It goes very well with one of my courses at the moment - as part of the International Baccalaureate program, I take a class called Theory of Knowledge. It's sort of exactly as advertised - the class is an exercise in learning to think differently and question the theories behind learning/knowledge. I showed some of your blog posts to my TOK teacher and he thinks they're brilliant.

The dilemma that Harry faces now is one greater than canon Harry ever faced, frankly. It's great, because in the face of all his academic knowledge, he's still terribly lost. I'm not even sure what the right decision is! Really can't wait for it. Thanks so much for devoting time and energy to this fic. Happy New Year!
Oruma Yar chapter 64 . 1/4/2011
I have enjoyed this story greatly, but since one of the main point of this story is that everyone is MUCH smarter than in canon, I can't help but wonder about the MoR version of Luna Lovegood *shudder*

Back to Ch-64:

Gandalf's delaying leading to the crisis in LotR is so similar to the way Dumbledore delayed admitting the truth to Harry in Canon HP, don't you think?
DukeAtreides22 chapter 5 . 1/4/2011
I've never laughed so hard reading fanfic
Zargon chapter 64 . 1/4/2011
Hope you enjoyed your break.

I really enjoyed your observation on Narnia.

I look forward to seeing more of how Harry and Quirrell have changed.
DukeAtreides22 chapter 3 . 1/4/2011
Crack of Doom? yes please!
Kadmos chapter 5 . 1/4/2011
This chapter had me literally laughing out loud! I cant wait to continue reading it, but I just had to review to let you know what an excellent chapter this was :)

and now i must return to my attempt to finish this fic in one night

Kadmos-
29,823 | « Prev Page 1 .. 1,291 1,298 1,299 1,300 1301 1,302 1,303 1,304 1,311 .. Last Next »