Reviews for Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality
AngelForm chapter 67 . 1/15/2011
Grey Knight: the Jedi of 40K.

Given all spells are beam weapons that need LOS armour should probably work against powerful spells aswell, assuming it is of a sufficiently dense material.
Darkly Dreaming chapter 10 . 1/15/2011
You're not goint to believe this. I get to the part where the sorting hat doesn't like being self-aware and...

My Immortal shuffles onto my WMP.

*facepalm*

I just had to tell you that.

So far, this is THE funniest story I've ever read period end of story. (there is no pause, so no commas) Congratulations. Also, I love science, so by combining the two, you have made this the most BRILLIANT thing I've ever read. So double congratulations are in order.

I shall review again when I read something I just can't keep to myself. :)

~*SRC*~
Josh chapter 1 . 1/14/2011
Thank you! Made my week - and helped my thinking for the better :) Rock on.
ev chapter 67 . 1/14/2011
I really hope Draco's Dragon Army wins this battle. Draco should be rewarded for his rational, quick hypothesis-testing, and figuring out the shenanigans Chaos was up to.
Andrius chapter 47 . 1/14/2011
Haha, I love how Harry gets so surprised about snakes being sentient, rather than him being (supposedly) the Heir of Slytherin. Come to think of it, that IS a pretty big deal...
Ligare chapter 12 . 1/14/2011
I absolutely love your sense of humor! Thank you for writing a fanfiction where misspelling dwells not and the reader needs not fear repetitive use of mundane and worst, popular plots without at least have some variation. You revive my faith in fanfiction.

While I'm not going to recommend you for Pulitzer, I really have to applaud your brainchild for being unique and memorable. Please write some more.
scorpioneldar chapter 67 . 1/14/2011
wooo! go chaos armor and advanced training for the win

poor super hermione

smart one this draco is
Ligare chapter 4 . 1/14/2011
Well, it's not exactly a critique. I only wonder if you have any idea why seigniorage can't simply be called "profit".
ShadowedHearts chapter 67 . 1/14/2011
Hmm. While I have been enjoying your work up til now, it is getting rather dry. I'm a bit concerned, as things have slowed down again and you're sixty-seven chapters in. Admittedly, there have been high points, but they're rather few and far between.

I understand that this is more of a medium for you to display your ideas, but even that has become dull, as in order to find each new bit of information you give, it involves digging through all of the old layers.

While this was a unique idea, your work is beginning to grow stagnant...and that's making the unique disappear fast.

Also: Lightsabers? Really?
ShinobiGama chapter 67 . 1/14/2011
...Kick...ASSSS!
Selquist chapter 67 . 1/14/2011
I'll cast my vote for: Harry is too powerful its downright annoying.

I keep thinking about your rule of fanfiction, and I have to try and justify that you probably have it in mind, but just aren't showing your readers very well.

His enemy is getting more powerful-getting Bellatrix out, successfully manipulating Harry...but I feel like I have to imagine the enemy. Very little story time is actually devoted to setbacks for Harry. Or maybe it is that he has setbacks, but when he overcomes them, he gains more knowledge and power. He hasn't had much lost or taken from him. Harry being an asshole hasn't actually caused him any troubles, and none of the nasty rumors going around have actually made life difficult. I hope that by being trapped, you are setting something up for Harry.

nvm. Of course your setting things up.

Since I love your analogy, I'll continue it. It's like Frodo the Jedi is running around destroying all the Orcs on Middle Earth, while Sauron and his death star are steadily approaching from the other side of the galaxy. Sauron has a death star! But... not really threatening anything.

I did really like the plate armor. It was fitting. I don't care if it involved 11 year olds weight training. (Rule of Cool)
James Firecat chapter 67 . 1/14/2011
Wow two more chapters in a row this is great, its also amazing to get to see another major battle scene take place. That said wouldn't Grey Knights be the absolute greatest enemy of the chaos legion rather than its most elite troops? On the other hand since I bet most wizards have never heard of Warhammer 40K and it is chaos after all part of me wonders why I keep expecting the naming conventions to "make sense"...
Toraffles chapter 67 . 1/14/2011
XD
Loonynamelass chapter 67 . 1/14/2011
Hm... I want Hermione to win. That sounds silly, but I really do, because I know that if she wins in this story, it means that there is a rational reason for her to have won.

After the twelve chapters of the Stanford Prison Experiment, it feels odd that their lives are basically progressing as standard even after.
chuckie chapter 3 . 1/14/2011
aw but Hagrid!
30,103 | « Prev Page 1 .. 1,292 1,299 1,300 1,301 1302 1,303 1,304 1,305 1,312 .. Last Next »