Reviews for Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality
12763457 chapter 65 . 1/4/2011
I like the observations of harry becoming more mature. I was glad harry decided to wait and think on Quirrel's plan this time. Very excited that your back from your break!
Guile chapter 65 . 1/4/2011
Ha! Peter Pevensie was a Gryffindor.

It's a little sad Harry's losing what little childishness remains, but what the hell - completely in-character for the lad.
foudebassan chapter 65 . 1/4/2011
Thank you for writing!
wisecurledqueen chapter 65 . 1/4/2011
You have returned! And I love the fanfics you recommended, definetly checking those out. And what a great chapter. I think I see what Quirrel is trying to do... awesome. So awesome. Thank you so much!

-curledruler
Morbious20 chapter 64 . 1/4/2011
Good work
NicNacs chapter 65 . 1/4/2011
Hurrah! More Rationality!

(Also, what I could have been reading was very funny.)
ShadowedHearts chapter 65 . 1/4/2011
So glad to have an update (even more glad that I started reading shortly before you continued updating. ;D). I have to say, I'm very much enjoying this fic...and the brain teaser that it is.
Akane Arihyoshi chapter 5 . 1/4/2011
Oh. My God.

I thought I was going to fall right out of my chair. Please tell me this Harry is going to be mini-James right up until his final year at Hogwarts. I can't even tell you how completely awesome that would be.

I'm loving the science. Why can't my teachers be like this? I think I've learned more in half an hour of reading your story than a whole week of school.

Thank you. Oh God. Thank you.
Luiz4200 chapter 65 . 1/4/2011
The worst part is that Quirrel might be right about the two people thing.
voider chapter 65 . 1/4/2011
Hm... i wonder if Quirellmort is going to use Harry in the ritual of resurrection. Harry noted that Quirell was looking older. Is his body approaching some limit perhaps?
Multipartite chapter 65 . 1/4/2011
(*great happiness at the chapter to read!*)

'Swallowing of cynicism': two perspectives being in conflict lowers the subjective likelihood of both. Ideally, neither side is taken as given without a strong amount of evidence observed on one side or the other, and apathy (or prejudice) helps people do things more locally important to them than seeking out what evidence is available. Result: decreased subjective likelihood of the first perspective, which is the desired aim of the proponents of the second perspective. In the phoenix case, it's then necessary to show (convincing!) evidence appropriate for a test to distinguish between the two outcomes of the two different proposed perspectives. Then there's the matter of people revising and rerevising their memes to make them strong, as with Creationism/'Intelligent Design' et cetera, which hooks back to the earlier 'arguing with people gives them credibility' question... though not arguing potentially results in two camps who don't speak with each other and may seem equally probable to an outsider who isn't motivated to conduct a thorough investigation... problematic. *ponders*
Luiz4200 chapter 64 . 1/4/2011
THUNDERSMARTS

"I am sick of this!" shouted Liono. "Sick of doing this every single week! Our species was capable of interstellar travel, Panthro, I know the quantities of energy involved! There is no way you can't build a nuke or steer an asteroid or somehow blow up that ever-living idiot's pyramid!"

Interesting concept.

HE-MAN AND THE MASTERS OF RATIONALITY

"Fabulous secret knowledge was revealed to me on the day I held aloft my magic book and said: By the power of Bayes's Theorem!"

This is not serious, is it?
Braindoll chapter 13 . 1/4/2011
Harry Potter is British, and so (presumably) is his quotes quill. Thus, it should be a "pyjamas penalty", not a "pajamas penalty".
ginoeh chapter 65 . 1/4/2011
Soooo... Harry is about to fall into the very same trap he described to Hermione. It's really bothering me that he doesn't seem to even notice it. Due to obvious reasons his mistakes have so much farther reaching consequences than those of others (bar Dumbledore) but he's still only eleven and his mistakes are piling up; most notably among them arrogance and hybris. Well... it'll be interesting to see how this plays out.

cheers,

ginoeh
Animekitty47 chapter 65 . 1/4/2011
Since the repeated use of the AK despite multiple failures is a plot hole just about everyone notices, I think you're perfectly justified pointing that one out. XD An ok chapter, though I have no clue what's up with the portkey. Oh, well, Happy New Year! XD
29,831 | « Prev Page 1 .. 1,294 1,301 1,302 1,303 1304 1,305 1,306 1,307 1,314 .. Last Next »