Reviews for Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality
Pentecost chapter 74 . 8/29/2011
I'm a fan of your work, both here and on Less Wrong, but, the DLP forum... they aren't the ass hole's you're making them out to be. I lurk on that site, much as I lurk on Less Wrong, and the reviews on MoR, were pretty 50/50, yes, they are pretty snobby about their works, but you are exaggerating and it just seems petty.
The Sarcastic Waffle chapter 74 . 8/29/2011
Oh my god this is epic. You are so awesome for writing this that words literally fail me. I honestly lost count of the number of times I burst out laughing just this chapter. You, sir, win the internets.
SherpaRage chapter 74 . 8/29/2011
Eliezer? I love you. I want your brain. I want your wit. I want your ability to make people literally ROFLMAOing.

The Sherpa.
Sawyer chapter 74 . 8/29/2011
I am so very happy to see you updating again. I've picked up several new vocabulary words from reading this fic, now I just need to work them into my everyday language. Keep up the terrific work!

The ritual Professor Quirrell spoke of, does it summon a dementor? Since they are shades of death, no one really knows how they came about, and the counter charm was "lost".
urfan chapter 74 . 8/29/2011
Wow, I this chapter was both utterly hilarious and a genuine treat. I never would have imagined an intellect of your sort would be as familiar with the gods of chaos ala Gameworkshop's warhammer and warhammer 40k franchises but I was delightfully surprised nonetheless.

Harry as the fifth god of chaos no less? The god of chaos unidvided? I find myself left with but one comment- L O L

Truly, I shouldn't be surprised I myself play the games alongside lawyers, physicians, professors (at times), and all the ilk of the common man, but still I was surprised to find one of your stature familiar with the mythos ... and the incredibly appropriate use thereof.

Also, Voldemort's ...envy... of Harry's place as a dread power is equally utterly hilarious. What a treat indeed after these long months in wait. Alas, I can see the end is near for Quirrel, but even then His growing fondness for Harry as an equal-to-be is also intertesting- afterall whom else indeed was ever able to draw him out of a 'funk'? Such an intersting story on all fronts...

Is it any wonder at all why this is the most reviewed HP fanfic of all time? I find myself totally enthralled with thoughts of where things will continue to delve from hereon.

Amuse me. Humor me. Amaze me.

Please.
Rufus Shinra SFFS chapter 74 . 8/29/2011
I'm feeling sad for all those poor students and teachers. A ritual calling forth the Chaos Gods of WH40k, some Old Ones, a BtVS high demon, just to summon a few seconds of Potterish Chaos... And they don't even know that such a ritual must obviously be underpowered. Yeah, no wonder even Albus is speechless at that.

I've been laughing way too hard for my own good at that (especially at the last line, oh God, the last line!), and yep, it's official, MOR is back in business, and crazier than ever!
Ivar Hugo chapter 74 . 8/29/2011
Now, I did enjoy this chapter, but something is puzzling to me… forty-four bullies banded together to face eight first years? Presumably the bullies were mostly upper years, and I do seem to remember that you expanded the class-sizes at Hogwarts, but damn, that has got to be a non-trivial percentage of students right there! I would be interested to know how many students there are at Hogwarts at any given time. I’m not sure you’ve provided such information in the past, but I don’t think so.

I do find myself wanting to see more of your Snape. He’s definitely up to something, and your portrayal of him is fascinating. I hope he features in the eagerly anticipated updates.

The last scene was funny, and I also think it’s good to be reminded from time to time that these are eleven year old children. They can be foolish and childish; they SHOULD be foolish and childish.

Oh, by the way, I hope to see an update regarding the armies, how they are doing after the split. I can imagine that the morale of Chaos is soaring; if it makes up for the lost personnel I wouldn’t know.
smusma chapter 74 . 8/29/2011
This makes my brain smile through the pain. That is all.
Argency chapter 74 . 8/29/2011
It's the goosebumps that make this fic so incredible for me. There's something about Yudkowsky's description of the epic scenes that just makes my skin crawl in awe. When Tracey started intoning I had trouble sitting still. Ripper!
ironhair chapter 38 . 8/28/2011
well written lucius, though his declaration that his son is the world to him, was strongly done. Not used to that view of L.M.

Didn't quite get why D.M. reacted like that btw...
Daleu chapter 74 . 8/28/2011
Also, what's Hermione's reaction? I can see her being pretty angry at Harry and worried about him, since she should surely have deduced Quirrell's involvement and we know she is mistrustful of him.

Also, even though Harry was ostensibly only protecting Tracey, he really did arrange for all of them to be protected and she may worry that it could look again like he's doing things to anyone who threatens Hermione, which she earlier said she didn't want him to do after he scared Padma.

This chapter was fantastic. Apparently unlike some other reviewers, I've really enjoyed Self Actualisation, Plausible Deniability was a highlight, but this climactic chapter was the perhaps the best yet of the series.
ironhair chapter 36 . 8/28/2011
"You used up all the open space on my bookcases?"

lol, i know what that's like...

Liked the aftermaths of the kiss :p
Daleu chapter 74 . 8/28/2011
-"A message from your informant?" said Hermione, when Daphne told her. "That's odd - I

Ah, so Hermione has been getting further mysterious parchments under her pillow from Severus Snape since the first?

So I guess she's just assumed that Daphne has the same informant, when really Hermione has been (unknowingly) "letting" the time loops collapse into stability only when Millicent travels back to inform Daphne. Wait...

Anyway, I love how the end degenerates into a schoolyard playground argument: "TEACHER, TRACEY SAYS SHE STOLE MY SOUL, MAKE HER GIVE IT BACK."

Snape is angry because students (the "head bully") managed to locate and stun him? I was actually a little surprised that he didn't manage to block the spell, since he is supposed to be extremely powerful. Unless there's more to that bit than meets the eye.
irdgad chapter 74 . 8/28/2011
This chapter is much better than the previous ones. Its great to see Quirrell and Harry back in action. I got bored reading the last few chapters. Keep updating soon.
BobH-199 chapter 74 . 8/28/2011
Okay...he's back.

After a (very) long dry spell it's worth it again. Both the interaction with Professor Quirrell, which was excellent, and laughing to pee myself, "Tracey ate my sooouuul!", it's nice to see this again.

Welcome back!

Thanks!
33,341 | « Prev Page 1 .. 1,296 1,303 1,304 1,305 1306 1,307 1,308 1,309 1,316 .. Last Next »