Reviews for Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality
Jack Dilindjer chapter 72 . 7/2/2011

please run it to the end,

maybe at chapter 300 :)
Hiekomi chapter 16 . 7/2/2011
Instead of going nuts and reviewing 72 chapters of a wildly fluctuating roller coaster of hilarity and intense brilliance before I even get to chapter 20...

As for why Harry Potter was the most dangerous person in the room, I would say Quirrel was wrong. It was fear. He terrified the entire class, and now they believe him capable of anything. He did use fear tactics against Neville, though with the intent to help. This time it was successful, though unintentional. You've also emphasized Harry's tendency to envision the worse-case scenario, and this was a prime(though somewhat convoluted) example of that. HE can think of awful, terrifying scenarios. As you've already mentioned with the time turner, he fears ignorance and the unknowable. If he's already thought the enemy possible of it, then for him, it takes the sting out of anything they can throw at him, unless it's even worse.

Now I'm going to actually go read the next chapter! But whether I'm right or not, reading this is so, SO very satisfying. All hats off to you, intrepid writer.
Winni3 chapter 19 . 7/1/2011
Hmm wow Harry is very flawed and this is getting more serious than I expected (whereas at the beginning I didn't think it was serious enough for some reason) but I like it :)
Ariali chapter 5 . 7/1/2011
Could someone PLEASE explain to me what just happened in that chapter? I can understand that Harry is OOC, but why does Draco want to be Gryffindoor all the sudden? Is it some sort of conspiracy between the two, or what? I am extremely confused.
zork chapter 1 . 7/1/2011
Nightboy-Ephemeral, it's called "delayed sleep phase syndrome".
Ephemeral-Nightboy chapter 1 . 7/1/2011
You know, it just now occurred to me. Harry's sleep disorder. Is that something you made up or is it based on something real people have?

See, I HAVE THAT SLEEP DISORDER, but I don't know what it's called and I'd never heard anything about anyone affected the same way until I read MoR. I just assumed you gave Harry an obscure real disorder as an excuse to give him his time-turner, but recently someone presented a theory about how Harry's according-to-them-FICTIONAL sleep disorder was caused by something that happened when Voldemort was destroyed etc.

So what is the origin of Harry's sleep disorder?

On a completely unrelated subject, after MoR and Luminosity, IMO someone really ought to do a rational!StarWars, next.
Winni3 chapter 5 . 7/1/2011
Hahaha this chapter was great. I was a bit skeptical starting this because I'm not used to reading Harry Potter comedies-type fics but I'm really looking forwards to reading more.
Frida Degas chapter 64 . 6/30/2011
AHHHHH! What is this witch craft? How do you know what I am thinking, or how many times I have stayed up way too late saying I'm only going to read one more chapter?

Keep up the great work, and I'll keep creeping on your story :P
bellatrix223 chapter 1 . 6/30/2011
This chapter was awesome i love how this chapter had a chapter was great for the first one lovvvvved it i will keep reviewing!
Nick chapter 72 . 6/30/2011
I would love to know what resources you found to help you write this. Is there a book you can suggest?

Can't wait for the update!
Dariuchka chapter 8 . 6/30/2011
I am incredibly hooked to his story. I always thought Harry's background was wholly inconsistent with his character. Now, allow me to auto-seer: I just know that I am going to read this story till I drop off from sheer exhaustion or by reaching the final chapter all the while getting my undying hope stamped down in every chapter (because it seems like it's set out to be a Harry/Hermione story yuck even more boring than Draco/Hermione) but despite that I would read and re-read and re-re-read the story again from the start because I am masochistic like that and then proceed to recommend the story to every fandom friends I have (who are all Drarry-crazed) because I am sadistic like that. All in that order. Congratulations for writing such a story that creates madness and make me leave an incoherent review.

Oh and I also predict "Methods of Rationality" becoming a fandom of itself complete with "fanfictions" and "fanarts" and "fanclubs". Congratulations even more!
Dodo chapter 72 . 6/30/2011
Do your part mates, and review every chapter, as if you had just read it! Our combined effor will push it over the top to 13000!

I bet you have your newest chapter written already you mad dog you!
Geonomis chapter 19 . 6/30/2011
Your writing always seems to covey a timeless, efortless Grace. I Cannot wait to read more and I am rereading your story from beginning to end; I find myself as endlessly entertained as I was at first. This tale is One for the ages.
T chapter 18 . 6/30/2011
This chapter is one of the many flawless, seamless climaxes of the story, and I love it. I wonder how you will use PotterMore as a reference in the story.

I remain, as always, enraptured,

some guy chapter 17 . 6/30/2011
I still don't understand the relationship between time travel and the message that Harry recieved; maybe I'm not supposed to understand...
32,528 | « Prev Page 1 .. 1,296 1,303 1,304 1,305 1306 1,307 1,308 1,309 1,316 .. Last Next »