Reviews for Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality
Vorkosigan chapter 70 . 2/23/2011
Miles Naismith! It always makes me happy to catch those sci-fi references...
outlawpoet chapter 70 . 2/23/2011
Enter a story I'd much rather be reading, although it obviously will have to remain a sideline to your deconstruction of canon.

Really excellent chapter, on multiple levels. Super bonus points for unsupported (but possibly correct) assertions from Dumbledore, and Hermoine floundering to counter.
ARMH chapter 29 . 2/23/2011
I'm so embarrassed for Draco and Harry about how badly they lose.
Niqi chapter 70 . 2/23/2011
"And then they refused to give up, no matter how sensible it would have been, because that would've been too embarrassing"

This actually makes a lot of sense.

"That's not true!" said Tracey indignantly. "And what's it mean?"

"I do too have an ambition!" said Tracey, who seemed to be almost on the verge of tears. "I'm - I'm - I'll figure out what it is by tomorrow, but I have one, I'm sure!"

I friggin love Tracey. Please keep us updated on whatever she decides. XD

Wait, that WASN'T Fawkes?

"No!" spat Tracey. The Slytherin girl was stalking through the hallway looking ready to kill someone, like a miniature female Snape.

Tracey. She fills me with glee.

The girl went on stalking through the corridor, like she had dramatic music accompanying her that only she could hear.

Auuuugh love. XD

And I just thought you should know you made my day by updating. You, sir, are amazing, and one of the only sane people I know. I wish I lived in New York.
timunderwood9 chapter 70 . 2/23/2011
This is sooooo not going to end well.

That and the Matrix bit was brilliant "The universe doesn't run on math". Lol.

Or is that a foreshadowing about what will happen in this story?
Kaouthakis chapter 70 . 2/23/2011
I must say, I quite enjoy it when the characters in this fanfiction take reason, stomp on it, and then chuck it at a plexiglass window. Not out the window, of course, seeing as plexiglass doesn't break that easily. But they still try...

Not-A-Spy chapter 70 . 2/23/2011
This isn't going to end well.
Hulkishpower chapter 5 . 2/23/2011
You nearly killed me dude. I was eating a Turkey sandwich when I started choking with laughter. Nice.
braindoll chapter 70 . 2/23/2011
1. Quirrel starts out the scene "watching with unreadable eyes". Have we just given up on his catatonia now?

2. I bet he has his SPHEW button bugged. Just on the principle of the thing. Maybe a remote-control portkey, too.

3. Dumbledore seems suspiciously clear-headed about his insanity. I mean, suspicious in-story; from out here, it's been an obvious front for a while. Is he really that easy to put on the defensive? "Call me crazy, but don't EVER call me prejudiced."

4. Dumbledore was awfully insistent about that corridor with Harry. It would serve him perfectly right if Hermione gets whatever quest rewards that Dumbledore had planned for Harry. But that can't possibly include the philosopher's stone... because that is a win condition for either Quirrelmort (if he is) or Harry.

5. Now that Fluffy may be coming into the story, I wonder if Harry's assholish rejection of meeting Hagrid was more than the author's prejudice against a character who almost never stops showing off his idiot ball.

6. What did SPHEW plan to say to Dumbledore? I can't believe that they didn't have some demands. There has to be some living heroine, maybe outside Britain... asking Dumbledore to invite her would have been a perfect Protest Demand.
B-A-HPlova22 chapter 70 . 2/23/2011
This is the first review I've submitted in probably 2 or 3 years. I feel that your fic warrants it.

First, let me say this: that your story is one of the few that I can respect. I normally am somewhat ashamed at reading fanfiction as often as I do, but finding your story, I think, justifies it.

Second, and the real reason for my review: the most captivating aspect of your writing is how you somehow *insist* on everything. I don't know how else to explain it, but it makes your writing that much more genuine, and it is a signature in your writing style that I haven't seen anywhere else.

Lastly, I would like to thank you. This story has been instrumental in helping me rediscover my rationality.
NoNeedForIdentityHere chapter 70 . 2/23/2011
One of the improvements over the original in

HPMOR is the lack of having to cringe at

the stupid things Harry does all the time.

At the end of this chapter I had to cringe at the stupidity of the

girls. Though, them being little girls wanting to be heroes,

this sort of stupidity is in character, I guess.

I just hope the consequences won't be annoying.

Bad consequences are good for drama, annoying ones are annoying.

What makes the difference?

Wish I knew.

Good luck with that.
Not-A-Spy chapter 64 . 2/23/2011
I like the Matrix one.
Lu chapter 70 . 2/23/2011
Darn it! I live too far to go to the HPMOR Meeting! WAAAAHHHHH!
ray chapter 70 . 2/23/2011
Great chapter
Little Lion chapter 70 . 2/23/2011
So when should we be expecting a children's book?

Seriously. You've got a knack for embedding lessons into the words and actions of children that reminds me of C.S. Lewis himself. The character development is simple, but strong- giving each definitive, calculable personalities. Your writing style is easy to read while broaching more complex topics; the plotline flows at a steady, engaging pace; you already have a huge fanbase. . . .

Besides that, I'm waiting for the moment that this fanfiction starts getting talked about in the media- maybe even for J.K. Rowling to make a comment. Lucky for us you've got a rational mind betwixt your ears. Thank you for the time and effort, and good luck.
30,993 | « Prev Page 1 .. 1,297 1,304 1,305 1,306 1307 1,308 1,309 1,310 1,317 .. Last Next »