Reviews for Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality
Shadowhawke chapter 65 . 1/4/2011
A really interesting, thoughtful chapter. It's sad and exhilarating to see Harry grow up so quickly, and I'm very curious as to how he'll deal with the latest conundrum that Professor Quirrel has proposed.

Thanks once again for sharing the marvellous story with us. :D
Shadowhawke chapter 64 . 1/4/2011
Okay. Utilitarian Twilight and Narnia were full of win. Although if Bella had been that intelligent, goodness knows why she would have fallen head over heels with the most awful Gary Stu that ever walked the fictional world.

Thanks for the hilarity of this chapter, and good luck with fundraising for the Singularity Institute! Hope it all goes well. :D
Arkh Cthuul chapter 64 . 1/4/2011
Damnit, I laughed so loud my coworkers thought I ahd snapped.

What a collection of greatly fun concepts.
Tangshou chapter 19 . 1/4/2011
Some good fun with inexperienced minions.

The writing about martial arts was...correct, but felt contrived. Like it was written by someone who knows about martial arts but has little or know personal experience. Nice that MA was mentioned though. It would give a lot of benefits for wand dueling.
Debate4life chapter 65 . 1/4/2011
Intriguing chapter. I look forward to seeing where this story will go.

Fair winds and following seas,

Debate4life
Tangshou chapter 18 . 1/4/2011
Nice use of finger-snapping. I wouldn't have though of Snape's speech as a time to do that, but it is.

I like the complexity of Harry's dark side: anger, helping people, thinking clearly, not facing the future if not angry,...
Tangshou chapter 17 . 1/4/2011
The meeting with Dumbledore was a little too silly, which is usually a good thing IMHO, but not this time. Some parts were good though. I finally understand why Harry said he was thirsty, because he felt an urge to drink Comed-Tea.

I think what D is revealing here with Lily's potions book is that D helped to make the potion that made Harry's other mom pretty.
Majin Hentai X chapter 65 . 1/4/2011
No Harry all magical people share your issues just to varying levels of intensity. Well the Europeans at least we don't really have any intel on the other magical cultures.

I don't mind slow updates I'm a slow updater myself. Well not by choice that's the price of a beta reader.
badkidoh chapter 65 . 1/4/2011
Another great chapter, I'm looking forward to your next update.
Majin Hentai X chapter 64 . 1/4/2011
I would like to see you try and inject Rationality into a universe where the credo is "Go beyond the impossible and kick reason to curb because that's how I roll no that's the Dai-Gurren dan rolls. Who the hell do you think we are?" Then you add gods born of dark desires, psychic mutants, and boyz?

If you do embark on that endeavor, I ask you will Kamina live?
Meneldur chapter 65 . 1/4/2011
What is there to say?

All I can think of is that faith is often far better than truth (though also often far worse, keeping the balance), and that I'd like to know why Minerva thought Peter Pevensie was too young - and how did she even know him?
Tangshou chapter 16 . 1/4/2011
I just can't help quoting some lines...

'I CAN DO MAGIC! FEAR ME, LAWS OF PHYSICS, I'M COMING TO VIOLATE YOU!'
Tangshou chapter 15 . 1/3/2011
Gypped on his dark side. haha. Great intro to transfiguration too.
Tangshou chapter 14 . 1/3/2011
You created Harry's sleep disorder just to have an excuse to give him a time-turner, didn't you?

'Harry's voice trailed off into the inadequacy of English.' great

There were two 'pile-drivers' of realization. I'm not sure if they refer to the paragraphs before or after: Was the second realization about the Comed-Tea, or about something else that was never mentioned? Both paragraphs have quotes around them, but the first one was said out loud and the second (about the tea) was only said in Harry's head?

I don't see what would be disconcerting about seeing ones future self. If you didn't know about time turners, yes. But once you know about them I don't see why seeing your future self would be different from seeing you past self. I don't think this Harry would follow this rule. Actually it's not even a rule, just a suggestion. Harry could have conversations with himself. The future Harry could play devil's advocate. It would be a great way to discover holes and failure modes in his elaborate plans.
obsidian-fox chapter 64 . 1/3/2011
These are excellent. The One Ring's power certainly seems far more appropriate for ruling others.

Thanks for the reference to Alicorn. I'd really appreciate if you 'Favorited' other authors from the lesswrong weblog, especially since you already have a separate account for your personal preferences.
29,825 | « Prev Page 1 .. 1,297 1,304 1,305 1,306 1307 1,308 1,309 1,310 1,317 .. Last Next »