Reviews for Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality
Silverdragonstar chapter 10 . 8/8/2011
oh no not SLYTHERIN and the new House of doom comment! just so much to enjoy in this chapter. The poor hat will need repairs after this.
Silverdragonstar chapter 9 . 8/8/2011
Your song, your song! I must admit that most times songs in fan fic earn the writer a trip to see Cerberus in my mind, but not here. I laughed so hard at that while visualizing all that you wrote. Bravo only song in a fic I have liked so far... Cheers!

( oh and I rank your humor right up there with Monty Python and I do mean that as a big compliment, Spam and eggs anyone? no hmm silly walks?)
pomme-violette chapter 72 . 8/8/2011
This story is truly amazing ! I love your characters(especially Neville and DADA prof)

I think Harry will sacrifice his best captain, aka Neville, to Hermione. Because he has to believe he's a great soldier even if Harry is not here.

I hope you'll write a new chapter soon

XOXO

Pomme-Violette
Silverdragonstar chapter 6 . 8/8/2011
Oh poor Minni!
Silverdragonstar chapter 3 . 8/8/2011
Oh my a fellow D&D enthusiast, the items for sale were just great. Thank goodness the wizarding world does not have TV, could you imagine the infomercials?
Silverdragonstar chapter 2 . 8/8/2011
crater billowing purple smoke, a depopulated city surrounding it and a plague of flaming zebras terrorizing what remains of England? Just too funny! Love the premise of this fiction and I really want the bookcases described in the first chapter.
Osma77 chapter 5 . 8/7/2011
"Whatever demonic force of chaos inhabits you, it is contagious..."

Damn you, i had SNOT comming out of my nose by the time i got to that. My lungs hurt and i am wheezing. I am SO not getting any sleep tonight.
Osma77 chapter 2 . 8/7/2011
I don't like reviewing every chapter of a story (with only 1 exception so far), especially when i am coming into it so late. However if the rest of the story is this funny, i might have problems holding on to that.

(paraphrased)

"Oh, ok. She waved a stick and my dad floated. Guess things will be changing around here.

Wait, WTF! A CAT!" (faint).

I was rolling on the floor and demanded my dad start reading this as well.
Osma77 chapter 1 . 8/7/2011
I am a nerd, although sadly not an uber nerd. However i love stories with intelligence and wordplay, both play on words and when simple words and phrases are used to express so much meaning. So not only have you started out very well, but i loved the end. A young man, standing in his backyard and starting to realise that his world is about to be turned upside down, and all he can say is "... what?" (misquoted, but it is how i see it in my head).
theInsaneArtist chapter 39 . 8/7/2011
... Harry, may I direct you to a little article called '5 Reasons Immortality Would be Worse than Death.' /article_18708_

Also, when talking about human mortality in general and not specifically yours, death is neccesary for multiple reasons. If there was no death, the Earth would soon become so overpopulated we would be living on each other's heads. As a short video I recently saw said "Immortality ups the chances of getting stuck to 100%." Eventually, you will end up trapped somewhere you can't get out of, like getting buried in an earthquake or trapped in a cave in. It may take awhile, but it will happen.

Sometimes death is needed to stop suffering. Imagine being unable to die from a wound which you cannot recover from, like getting sawed in half or eaten by a shark. Or if people starving never died and just went on starving. Or instead of dying from dehydration you simply dried up and continued living in an immobile husk.

The ability to die is the only way evoution works. Or to put it another way, without death evolution would not be neccesary. There would be no way to tell which genes are more fit for survival because all would survive and the need for a species to change would become nonexistant.

And it would not be only good people being unable to die. But I will stop right here because I am starting to turn this into an essay. ...Maybe I will write an essay on this... Haha! Term Paper, AWAY! :D
XxDarkWitchXx chapter 4 . 8/7/2011
I just started reading this story and wow. Poor Professor McGonagall. XD I feel kind of bad for her.

I am loving the story though. Harry's dialogue is a riot! :)
Gosh Darn It chapter 5 . 8/7/2011
Tip to Eating Healthy: Only read this story between meals.
Jake chapter 72 . 8/7/2011
This story is so great! I've been keeping up with if for a while, and since there have been no updates for a long time I'm reduced to rereading bits of it. Please don't abandon it!
Iluivatar chapter 72 . 8/7/2011
I really love this FanFic!
Raina Darlig chapter 11 . 8/7/2011
That was amazing... just whoah

I think my favorite was the one where draco rapes harry

oh my laws did I just type that

that is so wrong
32,992 | « Prev Page 1 .. 1,299 1,306 1,307 1,308 1309 1,310 1,311 1,312 1,319 .. Last Next »