Reviews for Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality
Antigone Q chapter 17 . 9/12/2011
I forgot to say: I do love how you play with Campbell's monomyth and with general archetypes. And I think that your Harry may have come up with the most reasonable explanation for the rules of Quidditch that I have ever heard!
Guest chapter 77 . 9/12/2011
This whole thing gets more and more convoluted! I can't wait to see how everything turns out or where this all goes. Through out reading I've had some laugh-out-loud moments... Well, a lot of laugh-out-loud moments. Especially the part with Dumbledore setting fire to a chicken. I can't wait to see who the person in the cloak and top hat who can also be a pretty silvber lady is and I really can't wait to see what's going on with Professor Snape... though I love the fact that you keep pointing out how pathetic he really is throughout the books. And... yeah... Not a fanfic fan... but couldn't stop reading this one. Keep up the good story!
MissTheGround chapter 1 . 9/12/2011
I. Love. This. Fanfiction.

I have learned so much from Harry, and it even introduced me to Less Wrong, which was great.

I miss the earlier chapters that outlined Harry's thought processes, though.

Thanks for writing this, Eliezer!
Antigone Q chapter 23 . 9/12/2011
And Dune's Gom Jabbar - that was great! And a little intentional or unintentional nod to Nietzsche - you're a well-rounded sort, aren't you?
Antigone Q chapter 22 . 9/12/2011
"What do YOU care what other people think" Hey! An in-joke for people who have read "Surely You're Joking, Mr. Feynman"! Well done! Are there in-jokes for people who read "Q.E.D." as well? I'll have to start reading more carefully!
Kelly chapter 77 . 9/12/2011
That was so amazingly moving... Although I've always had a soft spot for Snape. Thank you for your continuing rationality!

Kelly.
Chris Robins chapter 48 . 9/12/2011
I find it rather sad that Harry can show/teach Draco the secret of the patronus and yet can't bring himself to do so with Hermione. Even if it was part of a deal that forced Harry's hand it stands to reason that Draco has more connections and would be more tempted to let it slip then Hermione. Plus there's the glaring fact that Hermione is unprotected without the ability to use it. I'm also a bit surprised Harry didn't use that as justification. It's slow building, but there's more an emotional connection between Harry and Hermione too that should have added a bit of pressure. At any rate, I can see why you did it this way, but Im not sur I agree with Harry's reasoning. Not to mention if Hermione ever finds out that he told Draco and not her... That could be interesting to watch.

Awesome chapter regardless; keep it up!
scorpioneldar chapter 77 . 9/11/2011
odd but interesting
scorpioneldar chapter 76 . 9/11/2011
time travel and memory loss or just plain obliviation? is that what the ellipsis are for
templar627 chapter 24 . 9/11/2011
That was literally the most convoluted chapter I have ever read in my life, also I really like how Draco turned out.
Megan Warner chapter 11 . 9/11/2011
I have never read anything funnier. I am trying desperately not to laugh loud enough to wake everyone up and probably failing. You. Are. Brilliant. I want you to know that I don't give that compliment to lot of people, not even myself, and really, trully mean it. But I am reading this story based on a premise that should completely fail and here you've gone and made it into something beautiful and Absolutely BRILLIANT that will probably mean so much more to me than I can logically justify for the rest of my life. Thank you.
Megan Warner chapter 11 . 9/11/2011
I have never read anything funnier. I am trying desperately not to laugh loud enough to wake everyone up and probably failing. You. Are. Brilliant. I want you to know that I don't give that compliment to slot of people, not even myself, and really trully mean it. But I am reading this story based on a premise that should completely fail and here you've gone and made it into something beautiful and Absolutely BRILLIANT.
Megan Warner chapter 10 . 9/11/2011
I usually don't review until I have read every chapter so far but I just have to say that this chapter is one of the best pieces of writing I have ever seen. I also want to say that I hope the hat was wrong about ceasing to be self aware because he is in my top 15 (atleast) favorite characters in all of fiction. This story is the closest I have seen to combining science fiction and fantasy and I just want to thank you for building a bridge between the two worlds where I spend all my time.
Arufined chapter 1 . 9/11/2011
I have concluded that life is written by an aspiring fan fiction writer disgruntled with poorly written prose. Karma is merely another application of the first law of fan fiction and as we conquer obstacles in our life we instinctively search out more difficult challenges. Your story has somehow helped me reach that conclusion.
Lydia M Argent chapter 64 . 9/11/2011
You are a cruel person. I had just decided to go to bed when I read your AN and was like oh s*** what if that really happens? Cause even though I read this story before I don't remember most of it ( mostly because you have 77 chapters AND YOUR NOT EVEN DONE THE FIRST BOOK!)
34,171 | « Prev Page 1 .. 1,299 1,306 1,307 1,308 1309 1,310 1,311 1,312 1,319 .. Last Next »