Reviews for Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality
The Monster chapter 75 . 9/1/2011
I think I mentioned this when Dumbledore first uttered the nonsense about Harry having "evil stepparents". Harry doesn't have stepparents. He has ADOPTED parents, one of whom happens to be his maternal aunt. A stepparent is someone who isn't really your parent, but they're married to your actual parent. Note that means that the only way someone can have plural stepparents at the same time is to have parents that divorced and both remarried. The Headmaster of a school ought not to be abusing the language so badly.

You've really capped off a wonderful portrait of how Authority responds when people fight back against bullies. Authority considers it an infringement upon its job, and furthermore embarrassing.
Eponymuse chapter 75 . 9/1/2011
Great chapter! Your Snape is a fascinating character.

You might want to correct this: "the question of whether it's actually is a good idea"

Gardengirl6: It's not clear whether Gryffindor would use "CE," but he almost certainly wouldn't use "AD." Very few wizards seem to have been Christian (see e.g. Chapter 61), and it seems unlikely to me that this particular Muggle phrase would be adopted by wizards. Most likely, Gryffindor didn't date using the Christian calendar at all, and the date is simply the author's addition for our convenience.
Peregrinate chapter 75 . 9/1/2011
Poor Hermione. Disillusionment is never fun.
scorpioneldar chapter 75 . 9/1/2011
damm... this is so incredible ... not sure how to respond kinda stunned by awesome
Sidelines chapter 75 . 9/1/2011
excellent chapter!
Gardengirl6 chapter 75 . 9/1/2011
It is lovely to see these frequent updates to this bewildering and mind-boggling story! And I'm glad your fund-raiser is going so well.

That said...

I know that "CE" is the current, mod, politically correct means of separating the years as counted before Christ and after his death, but seriously? Godric Gryffindor, in 1202, would NOT have used CE. He was an educated man, writing in Latin, for Pete's sake. He'd have used Anno Domini.

/End rant. That is all. It just really annoys me. But most PC things do. (especially this one, since it's not actually a different measure of time, it's just PC-ing up the nomenclature)
Lady Hamlet chapter 75 . 9/1/2011
Ooh, I didn't expect that.
ev chapter 75 . 9/1/2011
Hurray for Snape's plotting! (Snapeteering? like Dumbledoring?)

I'm convinced he's Hermione's Wise Old Wizard in an indirect but nonetheless character-building fashion.
Unsigned chapter 75 . 9/1/2011
Harry's the next Yog-Sogoth? And whose blood, exactly, was it?
Other chapter 74 . 9/1/2011
On another note...

Was that a reference to Star Wars &/or Robot Chicken at the beginning?

"I take ten Quirrell points from you, and be glad it is not more."
The-lazy-bum chapter 5 . 9/1/2011
I LOVE the robe fitting scene. made. my. day. I could barely breathe after-wards.
EeriexVerra chapter 75 . 9/1/2011
This is just amazing. Love it to death.
Megan McAlistair chapter 28 . 9/1/2011
"I was hoping we could end on an up note"

isn't it ending on a high note?

"there wasn't really anyone who'd made the history books at eleven."

kinda all the more reason to try it

"before the terrible cold darkness looked away and said it wasn't angry with her, because it hadn't wanted to scare her."

as if Harry was a completely different person, something so menacing, pure evil

kind of cool

like Runcorn was described in Deathly Hallows

"or van der Waals forces."

I always thought it was van der Vaal...

then again, I rarely wrote it, only ever spoke it and the pronounciation is the absolute same in German

"The Transfiguration still wasn't going through."

and that after all the atmospheric build-up

I was so engulfed; magic, why do you let us down?

"Did you understand any of that?"

it's easier to understand when it's written down

or said slowly, but I guess Harry just rattled it all down in one breath

"You must swear Miss Granger to secrecy,"

magically knowing it was Hermione

"AND EITHER MUST DESTROY ALL BUT A REMNANT OF THE OTHER,

FOR THOSE TWO DIFFERENT SPIRITS CANNOT EXIST IN THE SAME WORLD."

and either must die at the hand of the other for neither can live while the other survives.

so it wasn't just the translation, your version really is different

"There was probably something really wrong with her but she just couldn't seem to stop doing it -"

it's called fangirleritis, what else would explain all the Snape slash fics... especially those with Sirius

"with her cheeks flaming like molten lava."

student crushes are without prejudice

be it Snape in your story or Firenze in the fifth book
Prof. H.J Potter chapter 74 . 9/1/2011
I keep on checking if you've updated chapter 76 :

I'm really looking forward to it. And yet there wasn't even a real cliff hanger. No one's died, but Hermione's will to be good. I want to see where this ends up.

Usually, I can't get into Harry/Hermione, but it truly shows how you have taken this fandom and made it yours, because now it seems nothing but evident that they're meant to be together.
AvengingSyndrome chapter 75 . 9/1/2011
This was my favorite chapter so far, the ending was superb.
33,728 | « Prev Page 1 .. 1,299 1,306 1,307 1,308 1309 1,310 1,311 1,312 1,319 .. Last Next »