Reviews for Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality
AngelForm chapter 72 . 5/29/2011
I really am looking forward to Harry deliberately screwing up some prophesies to see what happens.
Howard Russell chapter 72 . 5/29/2011
Great Googlymoogly, this fic is fantastic! And, wow, the fanart cover for this novel is so perfect. I wanna buy this as a book now. So glad you came back to this. I'm going to be so sad when this is complete.
NormalAnomaly chapter 72 . 5/29/2011
I'd forgotten just how much I *love* seeing new chapters, and this one is amazing! Thought-provoking but also just really fun to read. Thanks for coming back. And Go Hermione!
TheAzreal chapter 17 . 5/29/2011
This is truly one of the strangest things I have ever, ever read. Congratulations.
highonpixistixs chapter 42 . 5/29/2011
Let me first get my 'WTF' emotions out of the way before I go on to the next chapter. I hope you read this and take the time to reply.

Sirius and Peter, what interpretation of their appearance are you basing them on, the book's or the movies's? I know this sounds incredibly vain but I would have interpreted the character Sirius as extremely vain as well, considering his 'good looks' and the kind of company he surrounds himself with (i.e. James). I wasn't surprised to hear that Lily or James were shallow and I won't find it at all surprising Sirius is too.

But Peter, really? Maybe the actor that was cast to portray his character is clouding my judgment as to how anyone would find Peter attractive but his description in the books didn't exactly paint a charming picture either. To me he would be as attractive or even less so, as the character Filch is. And I mean that from both Filch's portrayal in the book and in the movies. Peter is neither portrayed as attractive or charming in appearance or in character and it irks me greatly that you suggest that Sirius was his lover.

The only other explanations that I can think of is that Sirius was a closeted homosexual who experimented with someone who was extremly meek and easily overpowerable. He was counting on the fact that Peter Pettigrew couldn't stand up for himself and thought he wouldn't dare reveal this anyone if he knew what was good for him. But Pettigrew loved secrets and knew how to use them, which proved to be Sirius's foil and the reason why a detestable and pathetic person like Pettigrew was even part of the popular gang of Marauders.

That or Peter Pettigrew had put Sirius under the effects of a love potion and had his way with him and used this as blackmail to let Peter join his group of friends. After all, all Peter wanted was to fit in with the popular crowd by any means necessary.

Unless , you are simply trolling us. And this is just another outlandish rumour from this bizarre AU. Or Remus simply nodded at Harry's question in order to steer him away from the real truth behind the matter. Or maybe I'm taking you too seriously and sometimes it is just crack fiction. But the way you have written this story has assured me that there is a rational explanation behind every crazy and unthinkable thing that happens in this story and I hope there is good explanation for this particular instance. I truly do hope so.

I am awaiting your reply to my comment and if your reply is to 'Read on' I will gladly do so.
Higashiyama Sayuri's Devout chapter 64 . 5/29/2011
I skip this one before... ah such mistake must not be committed again by my person.

Love The Lord of the Ring part.
ForeverQuine chapter 72 . 5/29/2011
First, great to see an update!

Now onto the actual thoughts...

I must say, I really enjoy the interaction of Draco and his father. In a story that can get a bit out-there sometimes, it really grounds it in solid problems. It's all well and good for Draco to do that big gesture, to maneuver around the other Slytherins questions, for people to talk about him being disowned and plotting... but to actually see the simple letter, and his fear, and knowing he doesn't have *time* to plot and all that - makes it more real and puts things in perspective. It's kids you're writing. Lucius's voice is great, too. So short, so to the point, so sinister for it. For me, that last scene was the highlight of the chapter. :-)
m chapter 72 . 5/29/2011
Congrats on being #1.

Loved the chapter. I look forward to seeing what Susan cooks up with Tonks.
lody-el chapter 72 . 5/29/2011
a new reader who like your fic
Ulifan chapter 64 . 5/29/2011
okaaaayyy...how did you know i was five hours past exactly? hmmmm coincidence? lol great story keep it up! (and no im not going to go to sleep, if not this story im sure it would be someone elses, my sleep time seems to have switched to the afternoon...)
TheAzreal chapter 5 . 5/28/2011
Draco Malfoy gets credit for being a bright boy with a great sense of humor here. I always wondered if it were so even in the books- Harry's view of Malfoy is kind of like Snape's view of the Marauder's.
TheAzreal chapter 4 . 5/28/2011
I teach in a school for advanced studies. I believe I understand Minerva's exasperation perfectly.
TheAzreal chapter 3 . 5/28/2011
"(And somewhere in the back of his mind was a small, small note of confusion, a sense of something wrong about that story; and it should have been a part of Harry's art to notice that tiny note, but he was distracted. For it is a sad rule that whenever you are most in need of your art as a rationalist, that is when you are most likely to forget it.)"

There's something very fairytale like about this. Like a modern morality story. I like that.
TheAzreal chapter 2 . 5/28/2011
'The March of Reason went on:' that's really uplifting somehow. And I really don't doubt that Harry would get around that pesky wand problem in pursuit of Science!
TheAzreal chapter 1 . 5/28/2011
No respect. Of course you'd get no respect, if your father was a professor: those are the type of people who think they know everything.
32,132 | « Prev Page 1 .. 1,299 1,306 1,307 1,308 1309 1,310 1,311 1,312 1,319 .. Last Next »