Reviews for Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality
OA chapter 22 . 6/5/2010
THe one problem I have with this chapter: If you had just banged your head on bricks you can't talk very well... It's not like you talk gibberish, you just don't talk for at least a that counts even more if you keep hitting your head while trying to talk... I know
Mihra-Attar chapter 21 . 6/5/2010
I'm not entirely certain what to say. I've had to put this down at least ten times and walk away just to make sure I didn't accidentally crack a rib from laughing too hard. This is hilarious. I look forward to seeing what happens next. I'm also completely terrified of what your brain can come up with. Keep up the good work!
ultra dragon chapter 22 . 6/5/2010
dude, just wow, magic fading away that's interesting really interesting, i wonder were it to be true could it connect to the fact that you need to pronounce a spell i an specific way for it to work because the lack of power? after all it's possible to cast a spell without words how strong those spells are? that is a bit questionable...

amazing job on this chapter, l could feel the panic from those two radiating to me...
AngelForm chapter 22 . 6/5/2010
You have put an awful lot of thought into both questions.

When is Harry going at ask how spells are discovered?
Loonynamelass chapter 22 . 6/5/2010
Ah! Thank goodness I've only got to wait another day for an update! This is so magnificently done, and I'm full to the brim with anticipation... And Harry really is quite a genius experimentalist.

And the "of course" was hilarious. Actually, anything with Rationalist!Harry and Hermione near each other in this story is hilarious.

Rita Skeeter, involved already? Well, Harry's done enough in this week to attract the beetle a few years earlier...
Raven3182 chapter 22 . 6/5/2010
Excellent! I love Hermione; I think that she's the most entertaining character in this story. I love that she's able to pose such a challenge to Harry in a consistent way. Seeing the two of them interact with each other is just great.

I also enjoyed the frantic energy that the Bayesian Conspiracy acts with. Running out of the room to quickly run their experiments as if the world will end if they don't. Great fun.

I look forward to more! Thanks for writing!
firedraygon chapter 22 . 6/5/2010
Hahaha, oh gosh, I just love these two parallel 'secret societies', though I do like the Bayesian Conspiracy more. The whole pretend to be pretending thing is awesome. I'm also looking forward to how Harry goes about dealing with Rita. Please do write more soon!

fd97
Withering Soul chapter 22 . 6/5/2010
For a new reader coming along, having a small blurb for your current chapter can be annoying.

Harry_Potter That should be a short enough summary for them. If it's too long, well really your story can stand alone without them knowing anything. They can just be suprised etc. when they find out about Voldemort. Just remind those readers that don't know that there's a HP lexicon if they need to look up certain things/creatures that you use that they don't know (like with the time turner)

I think your current summary is pretty good. Maybe change "Petunia married a scientist" to "Harry was raised by a scientist"
Xuenay chapter 22 . 6/5/2010
Good chapter. I do admit that I was a bit disappointed when you said that this would be /the/ most sciency chapter in the whole fic, as I was really enjoying the way they were starting to study magic in a scientific way. But maybe you just meant that there won't be as much explicit exposition about how science works, which is cool.

"For the first time in his life, Draco realized why there were Death Eaters."

This was an unexpected gem. One of my fave things about the last books was that Draco grew from a cardboard cut-out to a real character with a realistic personality. Even in general, I love it when the bad guys are actually given plausible and realistic motives. Here, you've given them to not only Draco, but to all of the Death Eaters, which was never really done in any of the books. The mudblood thing isn't just random racism: they actually believe that they're trying to save the way magic works. That's awesome.
Caznikk chapter 22 . 6/5/2010
This is a great story so far, sort of a mix of funny and adventure and drama and scientific stuff. Keep up the good work, I'll be watching for the next update!
Entropic Specter chapter 22 . 6/5/2010
Aah! Finally, a new chapter. I was starving, here.

Delicious.

Magic is fading? What a nice hypothesis Draco blurted out on his first try there. This will be quite interesting, methinks.

In any case, keep writing and please update soon. (Tomorrow? Great!)
Seriouslydull chapter 22 . 6/5/2010
I have to be brutally honest and say I have no idea what's happening in this fanfiction. Not that I don't like it, but rather, I don't understand it. Having said that, it is amazingly original and that is my favourite part. So keep it up :)
Zyanadryn chapter 6 . 6/5/2010
Ooohh Shiny!...

Lightning flashing with ominous thunder in the background!

LOVE IT!

Should we be scared?
VN chapter 22 . 6/5/2010
a typo: "be prepared do what we can" - "be prepared to do what we can"
PiecesOfSerendipity chapter 22 . 6/5/2010
I like this story but I think it was better at the beginning.

This story is very.. stuffy, if that's the right word. It feels like you've overcomplicated it and just jammed a bit of everything into a much smaller space. This story has humour, drama, adventure, a lot of angst, a bit of mystery, hurt/comfort, tragedy, friendship, horror and even some sci-fi. You've tried to include everything and it's just not working for me. It feels as if this story is always being pulled in several directions and it's ruining the pace. Something is always happening, which messes with the flow. If somehting isn't happening, then something angsty or philosopical is happening.

Also, this story is constantly changing between humour and some sort of dark drama/angst. Sometimes this is really good and adds a whole new element to the story - but sometimes, it's jsut tiring.

Sorry it's pretty harsh and I actually do love this story - I love all the theories Harry comes out with as they are extremely interesting - and those moment where I can relate to Harry. This is just my opinion :)
23,752 | « Prev Page 1 .. 1,300 1,307 1,308 1,309 1310 1,311 1,312 1,313 1,320 .. Last Next »