Reviews for Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality
Reader123456789 chapter 8 . 8/28/2011
I'm making an exception to my rule. Hermonie is in love with Harry.
Reader123456789 chapter 7 . 8/28/2011
Wow. Ummmm... I... Well this isn't important to the story, but does Ron become the new nemisis. Like it says on your profiel, "The hero can not become more powerful then his nemesis," which would be completely true if he HAD no nemesis... other then voldemort
Taemin.Foreves chapter 1 . 8/28/2011
Genius! I will go read the rest now ;)
Reader123456789 chapter 5 . 8/28/2011
Wow. I think that was about the funniest chapter ever. And I thought the PREVIOUS chapter was funny! I wonder how this will work out?
Reader123456789 chapter 3 . 8/28/2011
I have to say, this is a wonderfully made story, and I hope that someday you become a (If you would like to) great writer. I shall continue reading, and you shall hear from me again in chapter 5
Reader123456789 chapter 1 . 8/28/2011
Seeing as you probably won't have time to read this, I will keep it short and sweet. I have been told by all the people i know that have read this story that it is amazing(not to mention all the reviews you got for it) and so I am now reading it. So far I like it, and as it seems you are reluctant to say that we can review each cahpter, I shall review every toehr cahpter... wow, that wasn't really short, was it?
ironhair chapter 17 . 8/28/2011
"Professor McGonagall the Headmaster set fire to a chicken!"

hahahahaha
Edwin Evans chapter 73 . 8/28/2011
Missing word: Susan's body was surrounded [[by]] a warm red glow
Loki's List chapter 17 . 8/28/2011
I just reread this and now that I have given this some more thought and assume that the headmaster is not just saying crazy things but actually trying to convey a message this takes on a whole different light:

"Do you understand the implications of what I have just told you, Harry?"

Combined with:

"And I swear in turn," said Dumbledore, "that what I am about to tell you is the truth."

Might just be a really way of the professor letting him know that it is possible to lie despite swearing to to tell the truth, which is certainly useful to know. Even if his method apparently relies on being crazy enough to convince yourself of the untruth first or something similar.

Then again it might not mean anything other than that the headmaster has been dangerously insane for decades.
Blue Rhino chapter 73 . 8/28/2011
I have to say, the reaction to your author's note is borderline ridiculous. Certain people (*cough DLP cough*) are completely overreacting to the situation. Personally, I believe that you are within your rights, being that you aren't specifically charging for a service per say.

However, I would caution you against saying in the future that you would not update until you get so many reviews. I highly doubt that this would occur, seeing that you seem to be of good intelligence and character, but I still felt it pertinent to state a warning.

On a story level, I found this chapter to be well written (as usual!) and the plot seems to be getting more and more intriguing. Having read this story from it's conception, it seems to me that your style of writing has really developed over the course of the story, which says something about your ability as a writer, as the story was hardly awful at the beginning!

I find myself looking forward to the next chapter, and I wish you all the best for your efforts to gain finance for the charity.

Black Rhino
monsterzero chapter 73 . 8/28/2011
Been reading MoR since the beginning of '11 and I have to say it is amazing. Amazingly good. The Stanford Prison Experiment is my favorite part so far. Patronus Charm 2.0 was unforgettable. Congratulations on walking that line where Harry's frequently awesome but not quite a Mary Sue. McGonagall and Snape's reaction to discovering that Harry has a "Spimster Wicket" is hilarious.

The slowest bit for me has been the Armies chapters, probably because I have trouble tracking a whole bunch of characters at once. Who is in which army again?

I love the recent chapters told from Hermione POV and am looking forward to many more.
A-Writer-Bro chapter 4 . 8/28/2011
Best FF i've read in ages
eqqplant chapter 73 . 8/28/2011
I think its time for a new plot-line, I have a screwy idea. In 1917 in Brno, the capital city of Moravia, a streetcar kills a 11 year old boy. Harry (or his nanotechnology created double) uses a time turner to go back to 1917 and take the dead boy's place. Harry changes his name and grows up to be a world famous mathematician and the greatest logician since Aristotle, but he's full of very odd eccentricity's and emotional problems. Did you ever notice how much Kurt Godel looks like a grownup Harry Potter?

Perhaps you could even get into the question of where the knowledge came from, as I'm sure Harry already knew all about Godel's work before he went back and became Godel.

John K Clark
ii chapter 73 . 8/28/2011
You...you double wizard!

soon we'll be getting double-wizard-fics and that means double the MoR!
The Monster chapter 73 . 8/28/2011
kiramythos

"Essentially, you do not own the IP, and you (or an associated organization) is receiving money for a service which includes copyright-protected writings."

This is absolutely untrue. Neither J. K. Rowling nor Warner Brothers holds a copyright on the icharacters/i of Harry Potter, Hermione Granger&trade, Draco Malfoy, etc. (She does hold copyrights on the ibooks/i.) Note that I have just debmonstr/bated what WB idoes/i hold w/r/t those characters: A itrademark/i on their names. If Eliezer were iselling/i something bearing one or more of those trademarks, WB might send a cease-and-desist letter to him. But he isn't selling anything. He is publishing this work absolutely free of charge, and no one pays a cent to read it (other than the electrical/internet utility cost of accessing iany/i web site, which is in any event not received by Eliezer, his employer, nor ).

He has promised to release these chapters much faster than he's released recent chapters even if not a dime is raised by the non-profit, and there is no attempt to discern whether the donors are even iaware/i that HPMoR exists. If he had crossed a legal line here, rest assured that he'd be hearing from the WB legal team, not from some random reviewer who can't even distinguish between two of the four categories of "Intellectual Property", which are each governed by very different law.
33,291 | « Prev Page 1 .. 1,300 1,307 1,308 1,309 1310 1,311 1,312 1,313 1,320 .. Last Next »