Reviews for Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality
Arkh Cthuul chapter 70 . 2/23/2011

Had me laughing the whole time...
addicted2text chapter 70 . 2/23/2011

Here's to professor Quirrel, doing a bit of MGTOW in this chapter.

Also I loved the interplay of insane Dumbledore and these silly girls who are now about to have their arses handed to them via attempting to chase down and subdue evil...
Drix chapter 70 . 2/23/2011
I fell out of my seat laughing within the first five paragraphs, I seriously love your Hermione! And your McGonagall!
john chapter 64 . 2/23/2011
oh man, the alternate matrix fic was amazing! so good

also, chapter 70 was great
Howard Russell chapter 64 . 2/23/2011
OH MY GOD! That actually made the Matrix terrifying. Seriously, if that scene had been in the Matrix, I would have panicked. It eliminates so many plot holes. Wonderful. Many thanks to dsummerstay for making you post this.
Animekitty47 chapter 70 . 2/23/2011
The confrontation with the Quirrel was awesome, the one with Dumbledore was interesting too. Though you cetriannly seem to gone with the insanity-pretending-sanity(pretending-insanity) plot for Dumbledore. In the books it was reckless endangerment. Here he just seems crazy. XP

And speaking of the books, you snuck in a Merope reference! Yay! XP

And that line about history and braveryavoiding embarassment was hilarious. XD

Somehow, I doubt the stuff guarding the stone is the same here as it was in the book. I think they will end up in the third floor, if only so Hermione can protect everyone else. XP
s-david-m chapter 70 . 2/23/2011
Another great chapter!
Raineh Daze chapter 70 . 2/23/2011
Quirrel, we don't need your family history. XD

The inches thing always bothered me. Some people have small handwriting, some big, some cramped... such an inaccurate measure of homework.

Beware mysterious practitioners of magic.

Purple IS a colour associated with royalty.

Maybe it's the tendency towards aggression? Heroism is a violent profession. XD

Walking around like there's dramatic music is always fun. Especially if it's stuck in your head.

They're learning to be dramatic, Hermoine. Dramatic and slightly mad.

If there's a giant three-headed dog there, they're fools. If there isn't, they're just walking around an empty corridor and are GULLIBLE fools.
XP chapter 64 . 2/23/2011
I seriously wasn't expecting that ending in the "The Matrix" version. I found it really good. I still haven't read chapter 70, though.
Mooni444 chapter 16 . 2/23/2011
I really, really, really like your story.

The only problem that I have, and it is my problem, is the fact that, at the moment, I am unable to read more than fifteen chapters in a sitting. It is, rather, a lot to take in and actually comprehend, in one sitting.

Especially since I tend to be a speed reader, and usually end up skimming, so I have to read the same chapter three or four times to make sure that I didn't miss anything.

Anyway, keep up the good work, and I love how you update so quickly.

storybookknight chapter 70 . 2/23/2011
Bonus points for Cimorene of Linderwall! I loved those books when I was a kid :) Actually, you get bonus points for Miles Naismith too, even though I only discovered the Vorkosigan books a couple months ago.

But who is professor Barney? Somehow I'm imagining a giant purple dinosaur.
Lara chapter 70 . 2/23/2011
I've got to say, this had better be building up to something EPIC. We've got something on the order of nine million plot threads hanging around by now without much payoff in sight. I don't doubt that you'll pull it off stunningly, but you sure do know how to frustrate a reader in the meantime.
badkidoh chapter 70 . 2/23/2011
another great chapter.
Pentecost chapter 70 . 2/23/2011
I'm afraid Hermione is the only one with half an idea.
Leona chapter 70 . 2/23/2011
31,002 | « Prev Page 1 .. 1,300 1,307 1,308 1,309 1310 1,311 1,312 1,313 1,320 .. Last Next »