Reviews for Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality
James Firecat chapter 67 . 1/14/2011
Wow two more chapters in a row this is great, its also amazing to get to see another major battle scene take place. That said wouldn't Grey Knights be the absolute greatest enemy of the chaos legion rather than its most elite troops? On the other hand since I bet most wizards have never heard of Warhammer 40K and it is chaos after all part of me wonders why I keep expecting the naming conventions to "make sense"...
Toraffles chapter 67 . 1/14/2011
XD
Loonynamelass chapter 67 . 1/14/2011
Hm... I want Hermione to win. That sounds silly, but I really do, because I know that if she wins in this story, it means that there is a rational reason for her to have won.

After the twelve chapters of the Stanford Prison Experiment, it feels odd that their lives are basically progressing as standard even after.
chuckie chapter 3 . 1/14/2011
aw but Hagrid!
Alexandros chapter 67 . 1/14/2011
I've been feeling terrible for not reviewing the story after having enjoyed it thoroughly, and told everyone I know (and some people I don't) to read it. What with my grand plans to review every chapter, nothing worked. Yet somehow, the lightsabers did it. Bloody lightsabers man! Now I know how all the people who pick up some obscure reference from a work they love feel, and I'm not even a huge Star Wars fan.

Just to mention the already well-known, this is an awesome fic that's keeping me well entertained and is getting my girlfriend introduced to rationality (she's now done with Map and Territory also).

As for Oxford, I, for one, have already booked my place for the 16th, looking forward to an awesome day.
Sarshi chapter 66 . 1/14/2011
Yay Harry for making the right decision!

*cheers for Harry*
Reader chapter 67 . 1/14/2011
So separating Harry and Neville from Chaos Legion was to game the compass? I haven't guessed...

Anyway, all students in Hogwarts will start learning duelling after that, the armour might be forbidden, and the next battles will again be difficult to win - and there will be too much duelling around.

At least, it will give an excuse for Harry and his friends to learn battle magic. After this battle, nobody will be surprised to see the first-years (or second-years?) learning duelling. Excellent cover for somebody who prepares to fight Voldemort.

Light-sabres are so hackneyed in all these computer games...

The Charm of the Most Ancient Blade is only legal for Noble and Most Ancient Houses to use... Why? Can anybody explain it? Is it just for showing off? At least, you didn't claim that it's impossible for Hermione to cast it; it would be completely illogical. You just said it's illegal. And it's completely in character of the Noble and Most Ancient Houses to leave this spell to themselves for such duels.

If Quirrell is inattentive enough not to guess that Harry is going to find and fight the Dark Lord, then Quirrell's planning will be completely inadequate. How will Harry explain it to him?

Well, I understand, that the "fact" of the Dark Lord being alive was very important secret, and in order not to give it away Harry said to Quirrell: Bellatrix's escape caused Dumbledore to think that the Dark Lord is alive.
burtikus chapter 67 . 1/14/2011
Love it. Lightsaber duels, armor, Harry exploiting the rules once again-test of awesomeness once again crushed.
Tormuse chapter 23 . 1/14/2011
Personally, I wouldn't rule out the blood theory just yet. The fact that, according to Draco's research, inter-marrying squibs create wizard children 25% of the time suggests that there's a recessive "magic gene" that is in fact being diluted by magical people marrying muggles. My first thought, when I read that, was, "Holy crap! Did Harry just prove the blood purists right?"

Of course, this kind of goes hand in hand with the conclusion they came to anyway, since fewer wizards means fewer people to pass information on to, which means more stuff gets forgotten.

Still, great chapter! The high emotions and sense of urgency of Draco and Harry as they scramble to do their research is infectious and it kept me wanting to read on.
N chapter 67 . 1/14/2011
Ownage.
wisecurledqueen chapter 67 . 1/14/2011
I love this. Lightsabers? LIGHTSABERS? Yes. God yes. Thank you for this so much. Hilarity, action, and rationality, what more could I need?

-curledruler
LauralHilll chapter 67 . 1/14/2011
"He did the evil laughter almost as well as Harry Potter by now..."
Blazen chapter 57 . 1/14/2011
I recently had some doubts about use of the Invisibility Cloak to hide from Dementors. You see, to be able to walk your feet need to touch the floor. That means you are not fully covered by the Cloak. It's alright if you want to hide from a man, but surely Dementors can see through floors?
read chapter 66 . 1/14/2011
things are looking good harry for once,he has taken a step in the right direction in not forgetting every action has consequence in terms of his friends and his for his imprisonment at Hogwarts,what better place to be imprisoned for a soul yearning to unlock secrets of magic then in the most premier magic institution in the accepting responsibility for his part in Bellatrixs escape also shows maturity.
Animekitty47 chapter 67 . 1/14/2011
*collapses in a puddle of laughter* Lightsabers! I mean, really! So very, very awesome! XD Harry got some good lines in his conversation with Hermione too, but that bit with Neville and Daphne. *shakes head* Aw, looks like Harry won this time. Shame, but then everyone's always complaining he fails too much on the tropes page, so... ;)

Have fun at the conference in Oxford!
30,347 | « Prev Page 1 .. 1,309 1,316 1,317 1,318 1319 1,320 1,321 1,322 1,329 .. Last Next »