Reviews for Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality
Mar17swgirl chapter 68 . 3/22/2011
Ummm, this is a minor thing, but the symbol of Ravenclaw is NOT a raven, but an eagle. ;)
Mute chapter 70 . 3/22/2011
Read the whole shebang - awesome!
admiralskippy chapter 14 . 3/22/2011
What do we want? UPDATE! When do we want it? 7PM Pacific time as soon as you can mangage without UFAI destroying the world!

Multipartite chapter 63 . 3/21/2011
Rereading this chapter, I wonder if Lestrange will at some point be gifted with (/a title reference to) a book on Occlumency explaining what non-painful reason there might be for being unable to admit to something in the presence of a non-Occlumens... ('I didn't do it, but even if had here's why you'd be making a grievous misunderstanding, and since I didn't do it you're making two grievous misunderstandings instead of one'...) *happiness; as with others, looks forward to future updates (though worries about possible negative effects of pressure or otherwise)*
The Karlminion chapter 45 . 3/21/2011
That was awesome. That sort of feeling Harry had when he killed Death is what makes man awesome, is what makes us the undisputed badasses of the universe. That we're even capable of it, even vicariously... Awesome.

The Karlminion chapter 36 . 3/21/2011
"Hey! No kissing!"

That made my day. Thank you sir.

Grollo chapter 43 . 3/21/2011
"And the Dementor smashed into his mind like the fist of God."

Best line ever.
Paganimagus chapter 70 . 3/21/2011
Just re-read it all, as I'm still waiting for the update ;)

I also had to disagree with some fool who disliked the armies.

I LOVE the armies. They're awesome. Especially as they impact on the school background and the minor characters.

I love the Chaotics! Minor quibble: the impact of Chaos should not be the only thing mentioned, even if they stand out more than disciplined Dragons or studious Sunshines.

I'm looking forward to seeing how Harry and Chaos survive with 8 less Chaotics. Which lieutenant did he drop? Which army got whom? And how successfully will they integrate? :D

Thinking ahead, as Frodo's Jedi powers strengthen- what will Sauron get?

Is the final battle to be the generals vs the world?

WE NEED UPDATES :D

I mean, I also want to see Quirrel's plot to grant the Christmas wishes. I expect it to be evil.. :D

On a more mundane level, I just want to see Quidditch without the snitch.

Also- wassup with the Bayesian conspiracy? Just chillin out, reading physics books? Boooring :(

I feel like you're waiting till other members can join (Padma, Hermione). Please do more stuff first!

Immature male plotting is funner.

(Next on my whine agenda)

Will Harry get to take up ground-breaking research again?

I understand that you probably don't want to make Harry OP (already a huge danger)- so its a challenge to make it not too useful- BUT STILL: SCIENCE! The heroism needs to be something adding variety, not a majority dominating it all.

Besides, Harry wants to become a god, not some pesky Hero.

On that note- the quest for Atlantis seems a suitably awesome challenge for an increasingly awesome Jedi-Hobbit. Actually doing that quest seems too incomprehensibly epic to write about, but probing the problem of researching something *erased from time* (!) seems pretty cool. And impossible. Which is what Harry lives for, ain't it?
Raemon chapter 12 . 3/21/2011
befuddled: what grade science class? I've been thinking teachers should assign this since I first read it (although I'm not sure its optimized for high school)
A Befuddled Fan chapter 1 . 3/21/2011
Our science teacher is a fan of this and made us all read it. You explain things really well.
The Karlminion chapter 34 . 3/20/2011
I wasn't expecting any of this. I honestly wasn't. Well played, sir, well played.

thesilverseal chapter 6 . 3/20/2011
Your story is delightfully hilarious! Also, I enjoy the random bits of science :). Great work, I'm looking forward to reading more!
mika772010 chapter 67 . 3/20/2011
Utterly sick of the armies and everything about them.
mika772010 chapter 65 . 3/20/2011
I am getting the impression that if this story goes past firt year harry will be dropping out.. I've always been cool with that idea.
The Karlminion chapter 14 . 3/20/2011
You know, for a story that claims to be written from rationality... an awful lot of IRrational things seem to be happening.

Or maybe it's just these early chapters, I dunno yet.

Still pretty good, though!

-Karl
31,539 | « Prev Page 1 .. 1,310 1,317 1,318 1,319 1320 1,321 1,322 1,323 1,330 .. Last Next »