Reviews for Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality
josh148513 chapter 76 . 9/3/2011
Trick or real is the ?

Love story

Is this the person named Santa claus with the porkey
Zicou chapter 76 . 9/3/2011
What the **** :)

I must say i'm confused by this ending, maybe i ought to re-read it, because i'm sure i didn't understood what happend :)

Great chapter,

bakapervert chapter 76 . 9/3/2011
Thanks for the update.
YellowDart chapter 16 . 9/3/2011
At first, I was disappointed at the seemingly cliche Aftermath with Hermione in Chapter 76. Then I reread it and was horrified at what Mr. Hat-and-Cloak was doing. Seriously, that guy is a monster!

Hermione is a true heroine for resisting interrogation for so long (how long nobody knows). And as a bonus, I like how even the Hat guy is showing signs of fatigue and irritation at her stubbornness.
goobidoo chapter 76 . 9/3/2011
Unfortunately i think that draco malfoy is my favorite character. :/
Beazore chapter 75 . 9/3/2011
[For chapter 76, not 75] WHAT. That's the only word I can think right now. Three days is too long to wait to figure out what the hell just happened (in a good way of course).
aldeka chapter 76 . 9/3/2011

Here's hoping someone else walks by that corridor soon, before Hermione get's Groundhog Day'd into oblivion. :(

The question is: is Mr. Hat and Cloak trying again and again until he gets a particular piece of information out Hermione, or until he convinces her to do some plot-furthering thing? And will she remember the last iteration (where Mr. H&C gets what he wants, whatever that is) or not?

Nice to get some affirmation of my conjecture regarding Snape.
badkidoh chapter 76 . 9/3/2011
yet another great chapter.

hmmm... a descendant of Merlin, well that's different.
A fan chapter 76 . 9/3/2011
Fantastic chapter, the ending is really suspenseful. Damn you for keeping us on edge there though, glad its only a three day wait. But yeah, I hope she doesn't fall for the white lady approach because that's just messed up... I wonder how many different figures were tried between the cloaked shadow guy and the lady?

Also, she had her memory wiped you bunch of complainers. Read before you complain.
dhasenan chapter 76 . 9/3/2011
This is probably the best chapter yet, the most moving since Quirrell's star ocean speech, with the exception of Hermione's section, which is Yudkowsky being a royal bastard to all of us. I think. If not, then I am quite disappointed that he is falling into such a tired trope (and Hermione should be smart enough not to fall for it, either). Even in the more likely circumstance that it's a feint, it's unpleasant to read it, since it's such a terrible and tired cliche.

This is the first time I have disliked anything nontrivial in this story.
faulty limit chapter 76 . 9/3/2011
I literally shouted "NO! AAAAAAAUGH!" after the memory wipe.
ANON chapter 76 . 9/3/2011
Took me the second read-through to realize whatever that is is resetting Hermione every time it fails to get whatever result it wants.
Loonynamelass chapter 76 . 9/3/2011
Interesting. I wonder how this final twist will turn out. You have very

From the beginning:

-The phoenix's price. I still found it very sad that Harry always refuses to listen to Dumbledore... There is wisdom there, and Dumbledore is actually offering it to him as directly as he can. He opened up, but with the mention of a dementor-less prison, Harry loses it. It being that chance...

-Quirrel and Snape. Loved the parallel to that PS passage!

-And the last part... I hope you play that part well. Generally you've been pretty good about just changing/extending what exists, or satirizing fanfiction. This is something that appears, to me at least, unprecedented in that respect. I expect that because it's from you, it won't be disappointing.
w chapter 76 . 9/3/2011
The ending is very nice. I missed the "there was a sense of fatigue in her fingers like she'd been holding the wand for hours instead of minutes" hint too, but it's clear what's going on. Quite scary too. But how is this more interesting than Legilimency for Mr. Hat and Cloak?
K chapter 76 . 9/3/2011
I confess that until I read Lynette Starkiller's comment I had no idea what was going on here. (It's obvious on a reread, of course.)

So I guess the question is: which character is most likely to come up with the name 'Myrlirrien'? It does look kind of like someone smashed 'Quirrell' and 'Merlin' together, which is why I don't think Quirrell is likely to have come up with it. (I mean, yes, that's what he wants you to think etc., but ... no.)

Snape, though... Snape, I could see. Snape is known to be able to cast Memory Charms repeatedly and precisely. The figure reached for a tidbit about Snape in an attempt to interest Hermione. (That this last fact favors Snape at all seems intuitively obvious to me, but I do know what 'intuitively obvious' really means.)

It's actually Bellatrix Black, isn't it?
34,020 | « Prev Page 1 .. 1,310 1,317 1,318 1,319 1320 1,321 1,322 1,323 1,330 .. Last Next »