Reviews for Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality
NicNacs chapter 65 . 1/4/2011
Hurrah! More Rationality!

(Also, what I could have been reading was very funny.)
ShadowedHearts chapter 65 . 1/4/2011
So glad to have an update (even more glad that I started reading shortly before you continued updating. ;D). I have to say, I'm very much enjoying this fic...and the brain teaser that it is.
Akane Arihyoshi chapter 5 . 1/4/2011
Oh. My God.

I thought I was going to fall right out of my chair. Please tell me this Harry is going to be mini-James right up until his final year at Hogwarts. I can't even tell you how completely awesome that would be.

I'm loving the science. Why can't my teachers be like this? I think I've learned more in half an hour of reading your story than a whole week of school.

Thank you. Oh God. Thank you.
Luiz4200 chapter 65 . 1/4/2011
The worst part is that Quirrel might be right about the two people thing.
voider chapter 65 . 1/4/2011
Hm... i wonder if Quirellmort is going to use Harry in the ritual of resurrection. Harry noted that Quirell was looking older. Is his body approaching some limit perhaps?
Multipartite chapter 65 . 1/4/2011
(*great happiness at the chapter to read!*)

'Swallowing of cynicism': two perspectives being in conflict lowers the subjective likelihood of both. Ideally, neither side is taken as given without a strong amount of evidence observed on one side or the other, and apathy (or prejudice) helps people do things more locally important to them than seeking out what evidence is available. Result: decreased subjective likelihood of the first perspective, which is the desired aim of the proponents of the second perspective. In the phoenix case, it's then necessary to show (convincing!) evidence appropriate for a test to distinguish between the two outcomes of the two different proposed perspectives. Then there's the matter of people revising and rerevising their memes to make them strong, as with Creationism/'Intelligent Design' et cetera, which hooks back to the earlier 'arguing with people gives them credibility' question... though not arguing potentially results in two camps who don't speak with each other and may seem equally probable to an outsider who isn't motivated to conduct a thorough investigation... problematic. *ponders*
Luiz4200 chapter 64 . 1/4/2011
THUNDERSMARTS

"I am sick of this!" shouted Liono. "Sick of doing this every single week! Our species was capable of interstellar travel, Panthro, I know the quantities of energy involved! There is no way you can't build a nuke or steer an asteroid or somehow blow up that ever-living idiot's pyramid!"

Interesting concept.

HE-MAN AND THE MASTERS OF RATIONALITY

"Fabulous secret knowledge was revealed to me on the day I held aloft my magic book and said: By the power of Bayes's Theorem!"

This is not serious, is it?
Braindoll chapter 13 . 1/4/2011
Harry Potter is British, and so (presumably) is his quotes quill. Thus, it should be a "pyjamas penalty", not a "pajamas penalty".
ginoeh chapter 65 . 1/4/2011
Soooo... Harry is about to fall into the very same trap he described to Hermione. It's really bothering me that he doesn't seem to even notice it. Due to obvious reasons his mistakes have so much farther reaching consequences than those of others (bar Dumbledore) but he's still only eleven and his mistakes are piling up; most notably among them arrogance and hybris. Well... it'll be interesting to see how this plays out.

cheers,

ginoeh
Animekitty47 chapter 65 . 1/4/2011
Since the repeated use of the AK despite multiple failures is a plot hole just about everyone notices, I think you're perfectly justified pointing that one out. XD An ok chapter, though I have no clue what's up with the portkey. Oh, well, Happy New Year! XD
AiSard chapter 64 . 1/4/2011
Lord of the Rationality should totally have its own spin-off fic D as well as Tengen Toppen Gurren Rationality 40k when you have the time XD I think you subtly miss the point of omakes, which i suppose are like out-takes that, tongue in cheek, don't actually happen. the way you insert these omake chapters are more like those fics that are, in its entirety, composed of one-shots, omakes, and ideas for fics, existing so the author can shoot off some 3-5 ideas at a time without launching a whole new oneshot every time. As it is, i dont think ive seen anyone else insert omakes so bluntly like this, and they are rather jarring as they have absolutely nothing to do with the fic itself so takes a bit or re-orienting entering and exiting the omake chapter. Anyways, awesome omakes and you really should start up a seperate fic to collect them as well as do spinoff fics for them if u have the time D dont be afraid to start a new fic yo, with the way you write and the number of people who read your fics, its not gonna take long for any other fics you write to rise up.
Sunraia chapter 65 . 1/4/2011
I keep accidentally referring to this story as a book rather than a fanfiction in my mind. As far as I'm concerned, you're in the process of writing book 8. Keep up the magnificent work. :)
Entropic Specter chapter 65 . 1/4/2011
Thanks for another delicious update.

Funny thing about that portkey. If it is some kind of deception, why did the sender bother telling a NTL? Peculiar, really.

Anyway, thanks for the great work, keep it up and please update soon.
NougatEvolution chapter 65 . 1/4/2011
Aww, poor corrupted Harry. I definitely enjoyed the title of "The Incident with Rescuing Bellatrix Black from Azkaban."

Also, why must Quirrel change into a snake to speak parseltongue? Is he not a parselmouth? I was wondering how the Chamber got opened then, but on second thought it's not particularly difficult to imagine LV figuring out about it without the rather minimal hint offered by the Hat.

Or perhaps he just doesn't want Harry to know he's a parselmouth. Or I've missed something and am basing this analysis on false assumptions.

I'm sorry you feel pressured writing this story. You've given us more than enough already. Good luck shifting your emotions about updating.
TKrause chapter 65 . 1/4/2011
Sort of a filling chapter, I guess. Not much to be said, even more because I've forgotten a little the last chapters. The Omake were entertaining, though, especially Lord of Rationality.
30,081 | « Prev Page 1 .. 1,311 1,318 1,319 1,320 1321 1,322 1,323 1,324 1,331 .. Last Next »