Reviews for Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality
theInsaneArtist chapter 22 . 8/5/2011
I have a few to add to the list:

7. Magic among purebloods is losing strength due to prolonged inbreeding among pureblood families. (Just look at their family trees, for crying out loud! D: )

8. Strong wizards are not sharing or passing on their secrets. (i.e. The magic is not being lost, it's the powerful spells and techniques that are being lost.)((Simmilar to 3, but focuses on the fact that techniques are not being shared. Muggle technology has advanced only because the inventors were willing to share their discoveries, with each generation building on the next. The secretive nature of wizards could be preventing or stunting the advancement of stronger magic.))

9. Belief in magic is fading, thus magic is losing power. (i.e. If the belief in magic is what fuels magic, then the lack of muggles believing in magic is what is causing the fading of magic, leaving only the wizards and certain cultures fueling the magic with their belief.)
SnowFox345 chapter 72 . 8/5/2011
This story... Is just so amazing... I can't even.. *Mind explosion*

THANK YOU.
vampireweekday chapter 4 . 8/5/2011
Not sure if this was your intention but I find your Harry absolutely adorable! I want one!
vampireweekday chapter 1 . 8/5/2011
Well I had heard of this story before and when I saw it on TV Tropes I decided to take a look and so far this is pretty good! I was afraid Harry would be this creepy egghead genius child that didn't act like a kid at all but so far he's come across as a very smart but normal 10 year old. So yea I'm eager to read more. ]
Tom chapter 72 . 8/4/2011
Having now read all available chapters over the course of the last three weeks, I cannot put into words how thrilled I've been to find this. To say that I'm enjoying this much more than the original works by J.K. Rowling would be a drastic understatement, and I quite enjoyed those as well. I've lost count of how much time I've spent reading these, but I'm pretty sure that it's been more than 100 hours. Time well spent, truly!

I've greatly enjoyed the story itself, and the weaving in of the rationality concepts has been wonderful as well! It's been an intensely thought-provoking and emotional experience. This is the best reading material I've met in years! From the bottom of my heart: Thank you so very much!
theInsaneArtist chapter 20 . 8/4/2011
... What would happpen if you put a werewolf on the moon?
J.R chapter 1 . 8/4/2011
I never thought clicking around on would lead me to something like this. I highly enjoyed the first chapter,and cannot wait to read more.

I sense a lessening of sleep in my future...
phoebuscat chapter 72 . 8/4/2011
It's "enervate" and not "innervate".

And... BESTER? That is pushing credibility, don't you think?

Other than that, favorited and I can't wait for more!
RebeccaRoy chapter 3 . 8/4/2011
Wow, what a way to learn about his birth parents!
RebeccaRoy chapter 1 . 8/4/2011
Nice start, oh I can just see a really smart Harry at Hogwarts, let the fun begin!
Guest chapter 5 . 8/4/2011
I'm not a fan of the Harry Potter books or movies, although I am a fan of J. K. Rowling. I love this rational version of Harry Potter, though.

stevo
theInsaneArtist chapter 16 . 8/4/2011
And that's why I am often scared of being alone with my thoughts. Don't worry, Harry. It gets easier to ignore those horrible impulse thoughts with practice. -
theInsaneArtist chapter 11 . 8/4/2011
Hilarious omakes. But now I am becoming worried; I just realized that I occasionally think frighteningly simmilar to what was revealed in the mental conversations last chapter. Perhaps I, too, am relying too much on my laziness and sense of morality?

I mean, just because I wonder what would happen if I performed human experiments doesn't mean I would actually act upon my curiosity. I understand that just becuse I can do something doesn't mean I should do it.

... I think this calls for another round of serious soul searching. I haven't done that in about a month, I'm past due. It's time for me to, once again, ponder my possible response and actions should I find myself in certain moral dillemas or circumstances. :/

Often, the best stories are ones that make you think, even better if they make you look at and analyze yourself and your world. I'm not sure where I heard that before (I think it was in a theatre class and was pertaining to art and plays) but that certainly applies to this story. :D
theInsaneArtist chapter 10 . 8/4/2011
This is briliant. You're organizing all the random thoughts that passed through my head as I read the books, and weaving them into an intelligent and wonderful story that is keeping me on the edge of my proverbial seat (as I am actually laying down in bed, and thus am not actually sitting in a chair.)

In short, you are amazing.
appleP chapter 1 . 8/4/2011
Mildly amusing, seems to have lost track of its plot and is just too preachy for me. Harry character is completely unrecognisable, I'm beginning to suspect a self-insert. It's okay too kill off a couple of hours but isn't exactly a masterpiece.
33,214 | « Prev Page 1 .. 1,316 1,323 1,324 1,325 1326 1,327 1,328 1,329 1,336 .. Last Next »