Reviews for Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality
Pokethat chapter 65 . 1/6/2011
another brilliant chapter. Well done.
A new fan chapter 33 . 1/6/2011
So I realize this was posted quite awhile ago, but I've only just read it (and am loving every word of it). Presumably it's possible that someone's already pointed this out, but if Parvati's personal goal (as it seems to be) is to ensure Sunshine's victory then all she has to do once she's paired off against a single player (assuming the points spread stands as it does in the fic) is declare for Chaos and shoot herself. Sunshine wins.

A Ravenclaw would have thought of that. Hmph.

End of line.
Tripitaka chapter 64 . 1/6/2011
Damn, I spent some time on a review, then realized I made a mistake vanishing it all into nothingness, but here is it anyway:

-Hillariously, all of them, but I wonder:

Rational! Frodo cannot possibly know enough Middle-Earth lore to pull this of, knows not enough about Saurons deeds- When there are ancient, true prophecies and powerfull artifacts and even forgotten species in or behind every single corner, forest, mountain or loose pile of huts that call themselves Towns. That is, if The One Ring only grants rationality and not knowledge.

And then I realized that rational! Bilbo could...
Tara chapter 5 . 1/5/2011
I'm no writer, so I apologize that this isn't constructive. I just needed to tell you that this story so far is wonderful, and I am especially in love with this chapter. You are incredibly clever, whoever you are, and you've made me very happy.
Mr. Thumbsup chapter 65 . 1/5/2011
This story gets better every time I read it.

Somehow, I get the feeling that when you get around to introducing Lockhart, he's either going to actually be the Badass he claims to be, or even more of a coward than the original version.
LaughingLast chapter 5 . 1/5/2011
Right. Note to self. DO NOT EAT WHILE READING. Sheesh. If I'd taken a drink, I'd have killed the computer. Poor Draco - the boy shows a brief sign of humanity and now his father is going to kill him. Hope he thinks fast!
LaughingLast chapter 4 . 1/5/2011
Oh, my aching sides... I really, really like your wicked, clever mind!

4 spoon. Choke.
LaughingLast chapter 2 . 1/5/2011
Bwaaaahaahaa! Flaming -snicker- zebras... gasp! Ow. I think I strained something there.

This is *hysterical*. I can't wait to see how it goes! Back to reading, now!
Karnen chapter 64 . 1/5/2011
Oh my word. I almost died with the twilight Omake.
topazaurelius chapter 5 . 1/5/2011
Just finished reading chapter five and it was hilarious. By the time I'd reached the end, I had tears running down my cheeks! Your writing is wonderful and I love Harry's interactions with... the world! Well done! Bravissimo!
Dreamer In Silico chapter 62 . 1/5/2011
iFire on the mountain shall find the harp of gold,

Played to wake the Sleepers, oldest of the old.

Power from the Greenwitch, lost beneath the sea -

All shall find the Light at last, silver on the tree./i

I learned that poem in its entirety when I was... actually, 11 or 12, because I loved those books and I liked to memorize things. Made me smile to see the reference in Ch 62. )
Reader chapter 65 . 1/5/2011
Note to author: don't reveal the plot, no matter what questions are asked and however silly assumptions are made in this review.

To do so despite the separate good of being nice to someone who was nice to you as a baby, and to do so in a way which weakens your mutual sympathy with an important, trusted, and reasonably-powerful ally (McGonagall)... that's a dark-style mistake, not one I'd expect from warm!Harry.

I wish Harry could be kinder to Hagrid.

Agree. But Harry is correct in wanting to hide the thing with the Sorting Hat. Professor Quirrell is only one of many Slytherins who would attack Harry when they found out he knowingly "betrayed" Slytherin's secret.

I hope Harry will be warm to Hagrid, just without telling about the Sorting Hat. And becoming friends with Hagrid could reveal something about the Chamber of Secrets.

Is Quirrell or isn't he?

Quirrell isn't the Dark Lord. Quirrell is stronger and wiser than that. Except that Quirrell thinks that political power is worth something. If Quirrell continues to push Harry Potter to rule Britain, Harry should point out that Lucius knows that Harry took Bellatrix from prison, and if Harry tried to rule Britain, real power would be in hands of Lucius, who controls everybody, not only Harry, while Harry would be only a pawn in the fight among Dumbledore/Lucius/Quirrell.

Is Quirrell related to Lucius in any way? They haven't interacted at all, or I have forgotten about it.

I wouldn't be surprised if Quirrell was teaching Dark Lord somewhen. I would be interested in why Dark Lord killed Quirrell's friends without killing Quirrell, and why Quirrell shows no wish to find and kill the Dark Lord. It seems that Quirrell is too suspiciously sure that the Dark Lord is dead. He doesn't question it; he just refuses to look at the question; he doesn't ask himself why Dumbledore believes the Dark Lord to be alive.

Or maybe, Quirrell himself planted something to make Dumbledore think the Dark Lord is alive. It would explain why Quirrell wanted to take Bellatrix out of the prison: he wanted to maintain the visible threat of Dark Lord over Britain, hoping to get Harry Potter to play a part in the spectacle. But what's the final goal? To rule the world by manipulating Harry-Potter-the-only-wizard-fighting-the-Dark-Lord? Harry Potter will not play along. And ruling the world is most likely not a goal, but a way to do something. So, what's Quirrell's ultimate goal?

I really hope Harry starts looking for the Dark Lord. Though getting friends with Auroras and giving them hints that it the rescuer of Bellatrix wasn't the Dark Lord would also be a good thing to do, just too dangerous: Auroras are clever, too.

The plot thickens. Love it!

The plot is already too thick, but I agree, I like it.

I'm not even sure what the right decision is!

Find the real Dark Lord to fight instead of impostor. And manage to preserve Quirrell as an ally at the same time.
DukeAtreides22 chapter 11 . 1/5/2011
Laughing the whole way through! ATREIDES! Thats my pick
DukeAtreides22 chapter 10 . 1/5/2011
That last bit had me guttin my self laughing!
DukeAtreides22 chapter 7 . 1/5/2011
I loved the insertion of the Medieval mind set. Its an interesting take on the subject, as a Medievalist, it made me smile to see it.

Also, Fold Space? yes please.

Can I expect more references to great sci-fi?
30,226 | « Prev Page 1 .. 1,316 1,323 1,324 1,325 1326 1,327 1,328 1,329 1,336 .. Last Next »