Reviews for Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality
Felix chapter 76 . 9/4/2011
OH MY GOD I'M SO EXCITED WHAT'S NEXT AHHHRGGGH
WarDaft chapter 76 . 9/4/2011
I have never before felt compelled to review a chapter. I was lucky enough to have read the original version of this chapter, and I have to say, it was much more dire. The final change at the end is fine, but now there are *too many* hints before it. A good twist is a *subtle* twist... so that it might creep up behind you slowly, so that you can feel something coming but not be sure what. Then it hits you with horrid realization all at once. It's just a little to obvious now what's going on before the next iteration, particularly with people talking about memory charms just a little further up the page. By all means, give more indication that *something* is terribly wrong, but you can't be THAT obvious about it!
w chapter 76 . 9/4/2011
Oooh, I can now review an edit to a chapter, how exciting. Merlin on one hand was funny on a metalevel, but unlikely for a Hermione to believe. Really, if HaC has any clue, he'd know it's not in her character to harbor fantasies of being a princess.

That Grindelwald is not guarded by Dementors is unbelievable without extra information. Even if this comes from the canon - you've already made this world more realistic and Dumbledore does accept usage of Dementors, so any time this came up in politics, he would have just given up.

Also, the entire memory charming should make the world much much different. If any teacher at school had the capacity to do whatever to the child and make them forget it, there would need to be methods of verifying it happened or Malfoy would not be sending Draco to any public school. If there are methods, all families would be using them, so Snape's blatant meddling would necessarily be detected.

Draco is being clumsy here. He could have done the same by just making sneering remarks and demonstrating how stupid bullying Millicent is.
harrypotterspirit chapter 76 . 9/4/2011
Would Dumbledore try to intimidate Hermione in hopes of altering Harry's future plans? I'm grasping here. Great chapter.
LAHH chapter 76 . 9/4/2011
Excellent chapter. Thanks for updating
Silver1226 chapter 76 . 9/4/2011
Oh dear. Memory charm, take two. But Hermione's heart is already pounding, and she already has her wand in her hand. You can make the mind for get, but the body remembers, she is still afraid. Fantastic new chapter, I can't wait for the new update _
Fishnet Tights chapter 76 . 9/4/2011
These latest few have been long awaited and sweeter for it. Again, though, I find myself at the end of this marvellous series and crave more. Thankyou Less Wrong.
jammer chapter 36 . 9/4/2011
This story is... strange. I will admit that I was about to give up reading it many times. But I always come back.

The characters in your story are acting completely unnatural. I feel like no one would ever talk or act like this. Especially Malfoy, Harry and Hermione - they are just too smart, too unhuman.

It sounds like I am bashing, but I am really not - in fact I like it somehow! I enjoy reading this and I am entertained. Although I feel its not realistic at all. Strange.

I don't really know what the point of my little rant is, except to tell you that I enjoy your story despite having mixed feelings about it. Keep writing it and I shall be eager to see where this is going.
Alyxe chapter 76 . 9/4/2011
Heyla, LW

Oh, SNEAKY, sneaky. However, I managed to read the original version when you first uploaded, the much more explicit denouement of Hermoine and her 'friend'.

Now, of course, I will be wondering if that was your intent, a true spoiler, a false spoiler to encourage preconceptions and incorrect assumptions or what.

...well done. -mutter, mutter-

On other notes, this was a VERY good episode, even given the overall quality of the story thus far. The tension between Dumbledore and Harry was well done, enough that I have read it three times now and still get the shivers.

-r
Howard Russell chapter 76 . 9/4/2011
So beautiful and terrifying. You've truly captured the mystery and horror of JK's wizarding world. This story is brilliant.
hpmorgeek chapter 76 . 9/4/2011
Wondering why Harry has forgotten his lesson on how to lose.

If he remembers that, then he certainly should think of tactical losses necessary to achieve strategic victories, right? Or is Harry too dumb to apply the lesson of losing to his causes and not just himself?
C chapter 43 . 9/4/2011
Wait, why is Quirrel teaching one of the frickin' unforgivable curses to first years? Why on earth is dumbledore accepting it too! I mean sure, its Quirrel's style, and Dumbledore just lost a bet but still! Use of the unforgivable curses warrants a life sentence in Azkaban! Sure, I'm assuming that only really extends to if you cast that on humans (which is in itself a slippery slope, so if you imperius a bear and have it maul someone to death... you probably would get away with it unless someone knows bear legilimency...)

BUT ITS THE BLOODY KILLING CURSE! My goodness that is just crazy. That's like teaching school kids how to shank someone and telling them to pinkie swear promise to never use it on other people.
782782 chapter 76 . 9/4/2011
I don'th ave much to say, really. Just FANTASTIC.
Itachi's apprentice chapter 76 . 9/4/2011
Great work.
Play4ever chapter 76 . 9/4/2011
Huh? Now who the heck is THAT?

Btw - very nice aftermath. And I think that Harry is saying about Albus what we all think. I wonder ... does it mean we are all immature or that Albus is really wrong? :D
34,171 | « Prev Page 1 .. 1,317 1,324 1,325 1,326 1327 1,328 1,329 1,330 1,337 .. Last Next »