Reviews for Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality
Kendall chapter 1 . 8/26/2011
I've never been moved to comment on a story after the first chapter, but I've never read a story this good.

Your writing style is unconventional, but it reflects exactly how I think, which makes the funny parts all the funnier. And wow, there are a lot of funny parts. Your Harry isn't anything like canon!Harry, but I think you get the point of fanfiction better than a lot of people who labor to keep their characters in character but forget to actually make them original.

Your status as #1 is well earned, and I'm going to keep reading.
James Q chapter 73 . 8/26/2011
Nice trick with Tonks. The previous sentence is a spoiler.

Oh and if anyone hasn't noticed, this website displays ads, which means it makes money from fanfiction. According to a bunch of butthurt whiners, that means that this site violates copyright, so the WHOLE SITE is going down. Excellent.

(PS. Stating that publishing will take place faster if an aggregated total of donations to a nonprofit not directly related to the fic exceeds a threshold is *not* selling a service or selling the fic. It's just gentle encouragement.

PPS. If you think every dollar goes into the author's pocket, and that the whole thing was planned from the start as a way to make money, you've lost it.

PPPS. If this actually does get taken down due to copyright, then copyright needs to go die in a well, for the simple fact that JKR is *not* selling MoR. If she was, I would have bought numerous copies of it. For this fanfiction to reach this level of popularity, there has *clearly* been a boatload of creativity poured into it, to the point where the "copied" elements are insignificant. If copyright stops people from being creative then something is seriously broken.

PPPPS. Enforcing a law purely because it was written down some decades ago by some lawyer even when the alleged violation is *clearly* not what the law was designed to protect against is as foolish as believing in God simply because your parents told you he was real. Anyone with the ability to think should realise that copyright only exists to protect the revenue of authors, and asking for donations does not compromise JKR's revenue (not that she needs any of it right now) in any way.

PPPPPS. If anyone is offended by any of my comments, sue me. I will laugh.)
AnaRola chapter 73 . 8/26/2011
Thank you for another chapter! This one wasn't my favorite somehow (I loved 72, so maybe my expectations were ridiculously high) but I still felt obligated to review, since you're getting all these haters ranting about how you've destroyed harry potter fanfiction forever.

I don't think they realize it's a compliment to assume you are powerful enough to destroy Harry Potter fanfiction forever with less than three hundred words. If you were really that powerful, I have a feeling the world would be a very different place.

(And, based on what little I've read of that website of yours, a much better one)

So I thought I'd say that I've mailed off my babysitting money, though it's barely a drop in the bucket, and while I would have been bothered if you'd asked for money yourself, even without threatening to withhold chapters, it would have bothered me, encouraging people to donate to charity is not evil.

(And isn't it flattering to know the DLP haters still read every update of your story breathlessly?)
wow chapter 73 . 8/26/2011
24th it was at 39,000.

Today its at 78,000.

The power of fanfic...
y chapter 73 . 8/26/2011
Yay, we're gonna get the next chapter on Sunday, 8/28 at 7pm!
Eli Courtwright chapter 73 . 8/26/2011
Excellent chapter as always. I absolutely loved the "double witch" idea; the concept and dialog surrounding that were priceless.

I wonder whether you expected the backlash you're facing for having dared to suggest that people donate money to a nonprofit. It certainly caught me off guard, but you have much more experience at these sorts of things.
Darren DM chapter 73 . 8/26/2011
Okay chapter, bit slow and and would have failed a bit without Tonks being awesome.

The people who genuinely seem to think that all HP fanfiction could be about to come to an end are just kind of... Well cute I guess. Like a mildly retarded puppy trying to climb out of a box. They try so hard yet fail so badly, D'awww!

The DLP haters impotently raging is just funny as always.
CathMo chapter 73 . 8/26/2011
I liked the twist at the end and I hope it all turns out okay for Hermione and SPHEW. I don't normally review but I wanted to to say that I am absolutely loving this story and don't worry about the negative comments :)
slackerdog chapter 73 . 8/26/2011
lol haters U MAD?
Every Cloud chapter 73 . 8/26/2011
Loved this chapter, Tonks is a total boss and we should see more of her. Seeing how excited the DLP haters have gotten in the reviews was almost as funny as well so it's double comedy in the chapter about double magic haha
OwlofNight chapter 73 . 8/26/2011
Good luck with everything Eliezer i think some in the fanfiction community are scared about the whole donation thing but im sure you can handle it :)

As for the story and everything i like the way your closing out this arc and cant wait to see how it all turns out.

-Matt
Hermione Heterodyne chapter 73 . 8/26/2011
This chapter was disappointingly short.

Y U NO HAVE NO LIFE?
Orielwen chapter 73 . 8/26/2011
OK, after all that long wait, this one was just dull. I hope you're going to reveal soon that the actions of Hermione's gang are actually creating bullies, because otherwise where are they all coming from, bully after bully after bully? (In fact, I assume that the whole point of this chapter is to move things on a month or so with not much happening.) I'll keep reading, though, because some of the previous chapters have been truly inspired. If you pick up the pace a bit and start progressing some of the multitude of plot threads you've set going it'll return to greatness.

Just a quick note: in the UK, 'bitch' isn't particularly nasty (and less so 20 years ago than today, with less US cultural influence). Maybe a small notch worse than 'bastard'.
anonymous chapter 73 . 8/26/2011
You know...

All it would take to have this fanfic deleted would be to tell the managers what's on the top of this chapter.

Think I might do it tomorrow if it's still there.
Rae chapter 73 . 8/26/2011
Thank you so much for taking time to think out the rest of the arc - even though it was hard to go without for so long, it's definitely worth having a story with direction.
33,492 | « Prev Page 1 .. 1,317 1,324 1,325 1,326 1327 1,328 1,329 1,330 1,337 .. Last Next »