Reviews for Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality
Ainscough chapter 69 . 2/6/2011
It took me about

a month to catch up; now I

have homework to do.

I'm hoping I'm the first person to write a review in Haiku form, but I'm not about to go through an archive of 11,000 reviews to confirm. In any event, I have decided that all my reviews will be like this from now on.

I'm really terrible at writing Haikus.

I just thought you should know in advance.
Mystamir chapter 69 . 2/5/2011
Wheee hurray yay-OOF! Who left this brick wall out here? *scrabbles around* Dammit, it's the end of the updates. KHAN!
2wingo chapter 1 . 2/5/2011
"If he was going to descend into this madness, he was going to do it with style."

That was one of the best lines I've ever read.

I've never read a fic like this one, before. I'm looking forward to continuing it.
Reader chapter 69 . 2/5/2011
I don't know whether this should be in a review.

I have read many stories recently, some of them are:

Backward With Purpose (all parts);

Battle of Souls;

The Boy Who Died;

all three stories of AndrewsQuill;

Lord of Caer Azkaban (too powerful Harry);

Children of Prophecies.

Looking forward to your writing. My head is spinning from too many too different plots.

I have also read about Atlantis and Chronos, don't remember the name of the story.

And I have strong dislike for stories where Snape is turned into scapegoat, even if he "deserves" it; the same goes for stories where Dumbledore is pictured as weak and/or incompetent. That's one point where Backward with Purpose portrayed Blackhart very well.
mourning fan chapter 69 . 2/5/2011
*%&! it, Yudkowsky! Do you think you have a life or something? Will you please, please, please, get back to work on MOR and post something! Trivial projects like creating a friendly AI can wait.

I want more!
xelxebar chapter 69 . 2/5/2011
This fic is legendary. And leading me to Less Wrong and the sequences... I can't thank you enough. My brain hasn't been the same since.
assyla silver chapter 2 . 2/5/2011
this is an insane story haha, in a good way, though. i can't wait to read more.
Silver Ame Tsukino chapter 69 . 2/5/2011
lmao wow
one one comma one one one chapter 1 . 2/5/2011
11,111 reviews. Congratulations, Mr. Wong on the milestone

Professor McGonagall isn't going to be Hermione's Old Wizard[tm] is she?
Mystamir chapter 45 . 2/4/2011
Powerfully written; my compliments. The words seem inadequate when punctuated by a mere period, however exclamation points somehow lessen their gravity.
Avi chapter 69 . 2/4/2011
Oh, I misunderstood. I read the Published date as referring to individual chapters, such that I assumed chapter 69 had been written almost a year ago and Updated last week with a typo correction or the like. I therefore assumed that the lack of a Next button meant that this was the end of the story, and thought you were going to cap your mockery of the magical hero story conventions by killing everyone unexpectedly in the magical equivalent of a gas leak.

I'm glad I didn't come across the story while you were in the middle of writing the Azerba-whatsit sequence or the suspense might have harmed me. I guess I'll check in next week to see if you've updated.

Sorry if "reviews" are not intended for this purpose.
Keith chapter 69 . 2/4/2011
All quite amazing.

I don't think I've laughed this hard for a long time.

I also find it quite nice to have intelligent characters in a story. I do appreciate it.
Avi chapter 57 . 2/4/2011
I'm having too much fun reading to stop and review. This has gone from the expected parody to a very suspenseful story that stands on its own. It's like playing D&D with a good dungeonmaster.

I hope there are many puzzles where everything that Harry knows and can do is known to the reader and the solution is completed without deus ex machina or Harry revealing a new power.

Love all the references, they're subtle enough that they don't disrupt the story, and of course they make me realize I'm missing lots more.
M de Mare chapter 69 . 2/4/2011
Lovely chapter, enjoyed it enormously! Will Snape be making an appearance any time soon, he seems a bit underutilized, and passive. Surely he's up to something?
Sagerune Yagami chapter 69 . 2/4/2011
Your Hermione is Beast!

I find myself unsure of who to cheer for.

Sometimes I'm cheering for Harry.

Sometimes Draco.

But at this moment. Hermione's taken the lead.
30,993 | « Prev Page 1 .. 1,318 1,325 1,326 1,327 1328 1,329 1,330 1,331 1,338 .. Last Next »