Reviews for Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality
Jane Average chapter 5 . 6/2/2011
McGonagall. Is. Awesome.

And so are you xD
Sara chapter 5 . 6/2/2011
Well... this chapter was stupendously ridiculous. I don't see where Harry, barely introduced to the wizarding world, has the gall to belittle people. And that exchange with Malfoy? Ugh...

I may have been able to appreciate it more if this was a crack fic. Alas, this whole story seems to be completely serious (and utterly full of itself).
wes chapter 49 . 6/2/2011
I love the chapters, and I hate being a grammar nazi.

If you care look at "Of course it was obvious the instant Pofessor Quirrell said it." I am pretty sure that Professor is spelled wrong.
pyrocatboy chapter 13 . 6/2/2011
... I hate you.
malcolm75k chapter 72 . 6/2/2011
OK, is it just me or has Harry Potter become Hermione's Wise Old Wizard? lol
MartianHound chapter 72 . 6/2/2011
By far the best fan fic I've ever had the privilege of reading.
lukstafi chapter 72 . 6/2/2011
I especially like the part where Harry talks about how being stuck is worse than taking the risk.
Sarshi chapter 72 . 6/2/2011

You know I love your writing, right?... Good.

That out of the way, here's two thoughts on this chapter:

-it jumps around between scenes a lot, making it somewhat hard to follow. I'm not sure if you watch Dr Who, but a good comparison would be between this fic and the second episode of the current Dr Who series. I follow, but it's not as smooth.

-I'll agree with some other reviewers that the Hermione subplot feels a bit weak after Harry being Harry. I can see why you're doing this (at least, I think I can), but it's somewhat like reading a filler. Bella's all but forgotten, Quirrell's minding his own business, Harry seems to be fine with his life and now we have a number of girls running around trying to be heroes. Not bad, but not as mind blowing, insanely brilliant, awesome, cool and whoa-y as usual.

I'm waiting to see how it all goes. I assume Snape and/or Harry and/or Quirrell have plots going on in the mean time. I wonder if I'm right. Hmmm...
chaSing b0b chapter 11 . 6/2/2011
Hey :) Yay victory for the Top and Bottom quarks. And heeheehee :):):) about the alternative sortings
chaSing b0b chapter 8 . 6/2/2011
Hey :) Don't know where you got the truth and beauty quarks from. They're called Top and Bottom
GinsengH chapter 4 . 6/1/2011
I'm sorry. I really wanted to like this story, but just 4 chapters there it really is too much.

Perhaps you explain this at some point later, but why do you keep referring to Harry using his mother's maiden name as well as his adoptive father's name after his already given and surname? It's a bit hard to swallow and just completely unnecessary.

Why is Harry quoting advanced physics at age 10, and how can he possibly have such an acute understanding of economics at that age? I realize you are making him a prodigy of sorts, but all of this really is taking it to the extreme.

Perhaps you cleaned a lot of this up as the story advanced, and if that is the case I would advise you to consider reworking some of these early chapters.
Itachi's apprentice chapter 33 . 6/1/2011
OMG! Damn! to the very end. that was wow. Great work.
Fro52 chapter 72 . 6/1/2011
woohoo! new chapter, and a good one to boot.

started reading this a few updates ago.. sphew was new when i started, and i gotta say... haven't been a fan of it so far... though that could have been simply the same disinterest i get every time i catch up to, and have to wait for, an in-progress story :P

things seem to be getting interesting again.

thanks for writing it and continuing to do so. it's a fun read and, as always, i look forward to the next chapter
Sorrowman 9000 chapter 8 . 6/1/2011
Harry scares me. I think he's Doctor Doom's prodigy or something.

All in all though, good fic.
Itachi's apprentice chapter 30 . 6/1/2011
Great work. This chapter has me LMAO! Honestly I have tears in my eyes.
32,529 | « Prev Page 1 .. 1,319 1,326 1,327 1,328 1329 1,330 1,331 1,332 1,339 .. Last Next »